Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-31-2011, 02:21 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Re: Pastor Steve Fender talks about TV Resolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
I'll get off my soapbox after this.
The most pointed, mean-spirited, classless and toxic sniping on this forum have come from conservative apostolics.
Isn't it about time you discovered the JESUS of the bible?

I learned many years ago that being a Christian didn't mean trying to be good enough to "be one". Noone is good enough for that.
I also learned that GOD does NOT use guilt in the same way people do to manipulate us.
Finally; I served in the military, 7 years active, 21 in the reserve, retiring in the Army Reserve as a Command Sergeant Major. This doesn't make me better than anyone else, but I CAN speak to the military life. Living for GOD is not designed to be as hard as being in the military. The Code of Conduct can devastate you and a major violation can ruin your career. But we are not living under military rules (are you reading this, PIA?)Living in the military REQUIRES conformity, but in the Body of Christ we are all individuals placed their at God's pleasure (severally as He will).
With apologies to Gloria Eastridge, "God does not make cookie cutter Christians" (circa 1978)