Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-14-2012, 01:43 AM
Sister Alvear

Re: Am at NO LIMITS conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
Woodville??? Is that the Smiths?
yes, my precious friends of many, many years...Oh, how kind they are...love them so much.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 03-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Where Jesus is anything can happen.............

I was at this years No Limits and it was AWESOME! Even though I'm from the south and I thought I knew all about hospitality, I was surprised at how friendly everyone was there. We were treated like royalty. I can't say enough about the church family there. We loved it.

I'm not sure about which message you heard, but there was no message preaches there this year about a fish bowl. Every message was powerful and what singing. Oh my!

Just my view from up close at the Conferance.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I was at this years No Limits and it was AWESOME! Even though I'm from the south and I thought I knew all about hospitality, I was surprised at how friendly everyone was there. We were treated like royalty. I can't say enough about the church family there. We loved it.

I'm not sure about which message you heard, but there was no message preaches there this year about a fish bowl. Every message was powerful and what singing. Oh my!

Who mentioned a fish bowl?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 03-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post

He was talking about a prior year I believe.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho2012 View Post
I checked out the stream last year and was appalled by the preaching. The young (fiery) preacher brough a fish bowl on the platform and said the saints are the goldfish and the hand that feeds the fish is that of the preacher...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Who mentioned a fish bowl?
Old 03-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeley View Post
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 03-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Old 03-15-2012, 07:11 AM
Registered Member

Sis. Alvear tries to post a positive thread about the wonderful treatment of them and how they enjoyed the service and the haters can't even allow her one moment of pleasure. You must be a very miserable person. Seeing someone at a resturant who is not acting like a monkey high fiving everyone is hardly an indictment to them. You have no idea what might be going on in their own family much less church family. All real life is not grinning like a monkey. Evidently Osteen impresses you.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Sis. Alvear tries to post a positive thread about the wonderful treatment of them and how they enjoyed the service and the haters can't even allow her one moment of pleasure. You must be a very miserable person. Seeing someone at a resturant who is not acting like a monkey high fiving everyone is hardly an indictment to them. You have no idea what might be going on in their own family much less church family. All real life is not grinning like a monkey. Evidently Osteen impresses you.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Sister Alvear

In real life we may smile through tears but rest assured real life brings many tears and heavy burdens... Brother Epley is right we never know what is really going on and the load and burden people carry...I enjoyed being there...did not have to speak or anything related to that ...just sat and enjoyed...and even in one service Sister Young came over and hugged me and I do not even know her...I have only high praise for them...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear