Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 07:49 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Psychiatry An Industry Of Death Full Length

It is horrible that some of you people have some monster issues but believe God needs to give you a pill to make you happy.

Timothy Leary is dead, Jesus Christ is alive!!!
Old 07-18-2017, 07:59 AM
Registered Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
It is horrible that some of you people have some monster issues but believe God needs to give you a pill to make you happy.

I am not talking about taking medicine for recreational use.

I am saying if you have a problem (lets say bipolar disorder) and you leave it untreated you are a danger to yourself and others. Modern medicine is not perfect but I do not believe in throwing out the baby with the bathwater. A thousand years ago they put people in institutions where they were neglected and free to be as crazy as they wanted to be. They were never given treatment. Now we have made advances in medicine. We can treat people so they can have safe, productive, fulfilling lives.

Jesus always comes first in a persons life. It is my opinion that Jesus wants us to take care of ourselves. Through the help of modern medicine and modern psychology people can further spread the gospel instead of being locked in a dungeon somewhere.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:02 AM
Registered Saint

Quote:

I pray that you or your family never need to seek professional help from a psychiatrist. But some people do need professional help.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:11 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Recently there was a testimony from a woman in our church.
She saw the doctor for a medical procedure and he also prescribed Ativan for her.
She didn't realize that it is an anti anxiety drug, and how addictive it is.

When she tried to stop taking it, it sent her life into a tailspin.
When she didn't take it she was anxious and had severe insomnia and she said she felt like she had no control over her life.

She asked her family to pray and fast for her to be delivered, Ativan withdrawal is really nasty, and she felt like she could not do it on her own.

Her daughter went on a three day fast for her, the church prayer for her and God delivered her, psychotropic drugs are very dangerous, and worldly counsel is also very dangerous

Psalm 91King James Version (KJV)
91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:15 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Psalm 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:17 AM
Registered Saint

Cars are dangerous! Ladders are dangerous! Stoves are dangerous to!

I just want everyone to realize that the argument being used is the same one that Scientology uses. They do not believe in Psychiatry, BUT they are a cult and they believe in brain washing people!
Old 07-18-2017, 08:24 AM
Registered Saint

Lot of judging going on here. And very little compassion. I have met people who were Pentecostal/Apostolic who needed help. They never got it because everybody told them only healings from Jesus count.

I have also met Pentecostals/Apostolics that didn't believe in going to the doctor or hospital for a broken bone or anything else. They use the same argument being used here.

I just want everyone to realize that there are Apostolics who believe in using a psychiatrist if you need to.
It does not make you a bad Christian.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill E Goat View Post
Unless you are misreading something how is my statement questionable? You are going to die.
LOL

I guess no one can misconstrue this statement.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:33 AM
Registered Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Recently there was a testimony from a woman in our church.
She saw the doctor for a medical procedure and he also prescribed Ativan for her.
She didn't realize that it is an anti anxiety drug, and how addictive it is.

When she tried to stop taking it, it sent her life into a tailspin.
When she didn't take it she was anxious and had severe insomnia and she said she felt like she had no control over her life.

She asked her family to pray and fast for her to be delivered, Ativan withdrawal is really nasty, and she felt like she could not do it on her own.

Her daughter went on a three day fast for her, the church prayer for her and God delivered her, psychotropic drugs are very dangerous, and worldly counsel is also very dangerous

Psalm 91King James Version (KJV)
91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
If you want to stop taking a prescribed medicine you are supposed to go back to the Dr. that prescribed the medicine and tell him that. Also it is wrong to go to a Dr. and lie to him about was is going on in your life to get drugs so that you can get high or whatever. Just like any drug if you decide to not follow the directions on the prescription bottle you abusing that prescription drug. Of course the consequences wont be good. There is a difference between a responsible patient that follows the Dr.'s directions and a person who does whatever they want.

I have been prescribed medicine for pain before. Guess what I stopped taking it when the pain stopped. This thing where people start doing heroin because the Dr. gave them a prescription for pain is so stupid. People who do heroine like doing drugs, nobody tricked them into doing it.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:37 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Jesus is proven, is 100% reliable. Not your physiological voodoo.
How do you define, "100% reliable?"

I don't mean to sound like a faith-killer, but I am curious about finding the truth of your statement in my everyday living.