Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 04-23-2008, 06:09 PM
Go Dodgers!

Who Are you voting For?

take your pick
Mouse over image to enlarge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Who_ya_votin'_for_(1).jpg (36.5 KB, 16 views)

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Sister Alvear

Re: Who Are you voting For?

Lucille Ball...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 04-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Registered Member

I had really pondered long and hard. I couldn't make my mind up. But then, last week I was surfing some of my old sites and found the Smothers Bros. site!! Hallelujah!!! Pat Paulsen is running again!!!!!! Now I realize he's dead, but what's wrong with still thinking inside the box. It says it's a grass roots campaign!! Now, finally, we have a choice!!!!
Go to Paulsen.com and read the great news. I've ordered my bumper stickers!!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Ross Perot...........
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 04-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Registered Member

Pedro
Old 04-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Registered Member

I'm trying to warm up to McCain...but I really don't want to see another four years of Bush's policies. I don't like McCain's Health Care purposal (but I think it's less ambitious than a Universal Health Insurance plan and therefore actually doable). I don't like McCain's tax cut, tax cut, tax cut approach, the Government is already running on fumes and the deficit is out of control. The Wall Street Journal stated that McCain's economic plan would explode the deficit and nearly a third of the national budget will have to be cut. Seeing we have a war to pay for that's crazy. I'm not sure if I like McCain's position on the war...but with Iran and N. Korea being stupid I'm asking myself if Iran proved to have nukes, would I rather either of the Democrats or McCain in charge? McCain gains some points here for me. I agree with Republican energy policy to a large degree. However, I think strict environmental "oversight" (not regulation) is needed. I like his position on abortion and gay marriage. I like his position on retraining and education of workers who lost their jobs. I like McCain's common sense approach on the environment. But...will McCain become just another pawn of the special interests of Big Oil and Big Business?

But all in all...I'm not real big on McCain, especially if he will just be Bush III.

Obama gives me pause. I really liked the guy at first. I believe he's a very spiritual man (but liberal). I like his domestic economic plans to pay off the deficit and get back within budget and actually fund the government by repealing tax cuts. I like the Democrats Health Care plan, I think it's far more ambitious than McCain's...but for that reason it will be an uphill battle to pass it.

I think I've moved from being relatively sure I was voting for Obama to being undecided. I'll have to see the Democratic candidate and McCain side by side talking policy and crunching numbers. Then I'll fact check 'em and vote for whoever appears to be being the most straight up.

Lastly, I had a vision at work today. The Jewish people in the nation of Israel are in real trouble and God was speaking to me about how America and Britain are prophetically bound to them. Obama's father was a Muslim from Kenya. You guys know from debating me that I'm not a racist or a bigot against other religions. But God was speaking to me about this election in light of His prophetic plans in the earth. It might be just me, but I felt impressed in my spirit that this election is about more than just liberal or conservative...it's about something deeper. The word I felt impressed upon me was, "seed". You have two different "seeds" about to be elected to the most powerful office on earth. I don't understand the entire vision yet, but in my vision there were two olive trees, one tall (two thick trunks) and one short (three thinner trunks). The shorter tree was flourishing and about to bare fruit in the shade of the taller. But the taller tree was shaken with the wind and began to wilt almost instantly. Suddenly the light of the sun began to pierce through the branches of the taller tree and the sunlight burned and dried up the buds of the shorter tree that had previously flourished in the tall tree's shade. The rest I don't feel at liberty to share.

If Prax was on the ballot, my decision would be far easier.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
take your pick
Mouse over image to enlarge
Prax,
I already "scooped" you!

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...ad.php?t=14310
Old 04-23-2008, 11:15 PM
You are called unto liberty

Well it's an easy choice for me; none of the above. But then I have a distaste for either of the major political parties. So as usual I'll be voting for an underdog.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:58 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

I will not vote for anyone trying to reinact Herbert Hoover style of goverment.

both Dems are taking hard stances against NAFTA and talking about raising Tarriffs and both dems are talking about raising taxes on the wealthy.

All of this during a time of economic uncertainty.

These are the two things Herbert Hoover did in the 1930s that caused the great depression to become especially great and depressing.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:41 AM
Registered Member

any one who wants to can act silly all they want but i will not ever vote for anyone who does not respect life, and who wants to raise my taxes, done deal, dt