Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-16-2019, 08:47 AM
Registered Member

Re: Generational Curses?

Being an apostolic my whole life, I had never heard about generational curse before. But my oldest daughter and her husband are part of a church that was started in UPCI in the late seventies or early 80's. This church has gone through several name changes and just in the last 10 years has gone from being pastored by the original pastor to a new one. My wife and I were close to the original pastor that started the church.

Anyway all that to say this somewhere in the last 10 years, my daughter and her husband have started to preach about generational curses. But they dont say anything about not being able to break them. There big thing is to identify them so they can be broken.

For myself, I have come to think, we can go through life being effected, but by braking generational curses we can live a more victorious life.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:55 PM
Registered Member

I am reminded of what Jesus said....

Mat 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
Mat 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
Mat 13:12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Mat 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
Mat 13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
Mat 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Old 10-16-2019, 06:00 PM
New User

Wrong! Wow!
Old 10-16-2019, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

I have watched Pentecost, as a whole, go into the toilet. Not because of holiness but because they lost the importance of walking in the Spirit and in the spiritual dimension.

Saints and ministers today are involved with things that would have made the Elders of yesteryear turn over in their graves if they knew.

Not understanding the spiritual and the importance of spiritual things is destructive.

Do you realize that the reason that Israel went into Babylonion captivity was because they did not understand the importance of the Sabbath or Rest of Years? They did not understand that diminishing and losing their respect of the spiritual type, the Rest which is the Holy Ghost, led them into captivity.

We have people today that are involved with all manner of witchcraft, hatred, violence, and all manner of things because they don't know and don't care to know the spiritual dimension behind what they are doing. If they did then they would have to repent but they don't want to repent so ignorance rules.

Why would there be a need for the Gift of the Spirit called "Discerning of spirits" if there was no spiritual opposition? What use is that Gift?

Have you ever looked at how many groupings of demonic spirits there are in the Book?

Ah, but that is right, let's not get into that! We will just be like the 7 sons of Sceva! That is right! Let's be like the baptists and just blame everything on the flesh!

Forget about the Scripture that says we don't war after the flesh but after the spirit!

Weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God (Spirit)...

I guess that is why I don't need to have a CCP. I already have what I need to fight the good fight!

How come it is that the ones who yell the most about there not being a spiritual world are the some ones who argue for Guns in church and MMA and other carnal protection?

Hmmmmmmmm...

Old 10-16-2019, 06:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post

Wrong! Wow!
No... Right.

Old 10-16-2019, 06:25 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

We can believe men, or we can believe the Word.

I choose the Word.

Y'all can believe what you want.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 10-16-2019, 07:06 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterrey View Post

Do you realize that the reason that Israel went into Babylonion captivity was because they did not understand the importance of the Sabbath or Rest of Years? They did not understand that diminishing and losing their respect of the spiritual type, the Rest which is the Holy Ghost, led them into captivity.
They departed from strict adherance to the Word as it was written. As a result they went into captivity.

Quote:
We have people today that are involved with all manner of witchcraft, hatred, violence, and all manner of things because they don't know and don't care to know the spiritual dimension behind what they are doing. If they did then they would have to repent but they don't want to repent so ignorance rules.
Everyone does what they want without sticking to the Word. The supreme authority of Scripture isn't preached and practiced in churches, therefore everybody makes it up as they go along, they are their own authority. From the pew to the pulpit.

Quote:
Why would there be a need for the Gift of the Spirit called "Discerning of spirits" if there was no spiritual opposition? What use is that Gift?
To discern and identify when a teacher/speaker departs from the oracles of God (see 1 John for more details).

Quote:
Have you ever looked at how many groupings of demonic spirits there are in the Book?
Is it right after the passage that explains the seven dispensations?

Quote:
Ah, but that is right, let's not get into that! We will just be like the 7 sons of Sceva! That is right! Let's be like the baptists and just blame everything on the flesh!
The sons of Sceva were all about them demons. It's how they made their money.

Quote:
Forget about the Scripture that says we don't war after the flesh but after the spirit!

Weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God (Spirit)...
No, let's forget about the literally pages of SCRIPTURE AND DOCTRINE that crazy guy Esaias has posted over the years showing FROM THE BIBLE what those two statements actually mean. Instead, let's just make it up how we want and everyone shall accept it because muh papal infallibility

Quote:
I guess that is why I don't need to have a CCP. I already have what I need to fight the good fight!
CCP? Concealed Carry Permit? Permission from the government to exercise a God given right? What's that got to do with anything?

Quote:
How come it is that the ones who yell the most about there not being a spiritual world are the some ones who argue for Guns in church and MMA and other carnal protection?

Hmmmmmmmm...
Nobody said "there is no spiritual world." You are either dyslexic or dishonest, take your pick. The subject is generational curses and inherited demon possession, not firearms or mma. Apparently, you get mad if someone demands Scripture before accepting your proclamations.

The WORD is our God, incarnate. The WORD directs our belief, faith, and practice. Anyone who sits in the church (God's temple) and puts himself in the place of the WORD, by demanding everyone accept his vocalisations in place of THUS SAITH THE LORD AS IT IS WRITTEN, is - according to Paul - THE MAN OF SIN, the Son of Perdition, the Wicked One, the climax of the prophesied APOSTASY, the mark of the MYSTERY OF INIQUITY.

Pentecost is going down the drain because too many popes in the pulpit and too many papists in the pews.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 10-16-2019, 07:41 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

So, this thread is pretty much done, because claims were made, Scripture was asked for, and refused to be given. Instead, the one asking for Bible is castigated as blind and deaf under God's curse and might as well be a Baptist and allegedly claims there is no spiritual world.

My takeaway? There are a lot of people - particularly preachers - who think that just because something comes out of their mouth it must be accepted without question, and who not only have no Bible for what they believe, but try to curse anyone who asks them too many questions, like "Where does it say that in the Bible?"

Note: A curse is SPOKEN, words used like a weapon to damage someone's heart, mind, faith, reputation, etc. But the shield of faith quenches all those fiery darts of the accusers, and faith comes by hearing and hearing by the WORD OF GOD.

If your faith isn't lined out in book, chapter, and verse in God's Holy Word, your faith is just fantasy. An old preacher once said "However much of that Word you got in you, THAT'S how much Holy Ghost you got in you.!" I think he was on to something.

Then again, he was an old fart from a long time ago, so that's probably the problem. The old school apostolics demanded book, chapter, and verse. Too "book bound", they weren't "spiritual enough" and that's why everything's messed up nowadays.

(insert rolling eyes emoticon here)

Old 10-17-2019, 08:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
So, this thread is pretty much done, because claims were made, Scripture was asked for, and refused to be given. Instead, the one asking for Bible is castigated as blind and deaf under God's curse and might as well be a Baptist and allegedly claims there is no spiritual world.

My takeaway? There are a lot of people - particularly preachers - who think that just because something comes out of their mouth it must be accepted without question, and who not only have no Bible for what they believe, but try to curse anyone who asks them too many questions, like "Where does it say that in the Bible?"

Note: A curse is SPOKEN, words used like a weapon to damage someone's heart, mind, faith, reputation, etc. But the shield of faith quenches all those fiery darts of the accusers, and faith comes by hearing and hearing by the WORD OF GOD.

If your faith isn't lined out in book, chapter, and verse in God's Holy Word, your faith is just fantasy. An old preacher once said "However much of that Word you got in you, THAT'S how much Holy Ghost you got in you.!" I think he was on to something.

Then again, he was an old fart from a long time ago, so that's probably the problem. The old school apostolics demanded book, chapter, and verse. Too "book bound", they weren't "spiritual enough" and that's why everything's messed up nowadays.

(insert rolling eyes emoticon here)
Brother Esaias,
This thread is suppose to answer the question about the father and son suffering from depression and then both tragically committing suicide. Really there is no way in my opinion to answer a question like this without having the spirit realm brought up. Im not trying to hurt you or damage you in anyway, or any others in this forum for that matter, yet like you and others here we get passionate about our beliefs. Im not here to debate you, Paul says thats a work of the flesh (Romans 1:29) I guess I owe you a explanation of what and why I believe, that way you'll know how I'm going to answer some of the things I write about in future threads.
(Jeremiah 17:9 the heart is deceitful above all things...) to me thats saying the heart is more wicked than the satan himself. We cannot follow our heart in anything, we need to follow the spirit. (Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.) The carnal mind will never take heed to the things spiritual, and with that I believe is why the church is in the state it is in.
In one of your posts you mentioned Paul and some of the church problems in Corinth. Paul was in prison writing to the church, if you compare that to the evangelist Paul in the book of Acts its quite different. Acts 16:18, Paul didn't talk to the girl he talked to the spirit, for a side note the Bible says "HE" came out of her. In Acts 19 the spirit spoke to the men that tried to cast it out and Said Jesus I know and Paul I know, the spirits know who has authority and apparently Paul used that God given authority to use, even though I can't given you scripture and verse for every spirit he casted out, he believed in that realm.
Look at the ministry of Jesus, how many scriptures can I give to you that mentions the spirits he casted out, the spirits would tell them there names, spirits caused physical deformities,the spirits tried to kill the souls they possess (sounds like the question in this thread), they would even shut the mouth and the ears of their habitation. Who's more radical the times of Jesus or now? If I would've told you that so and so's deafness is caused by a spirit you would've done more than just mock me with (Sceva Deliverance Ministry) but Jesus encountered it, why haven't we? The 70 came back and said "even the devils are subjected unto us" (Luke 10:17) You mentioned that we need chapter and verse for everything we do, and I agree with you, yet where did Jesus get the knowledge of (Matthew 12:43) When the unclean spirit goes out of a man? The spirit realm is the mind of God, he imparted to us that knowledge so we know where our fight is coming from, we have discerning of spirits so we know how to use the armor of God. I can name to you 30 classification of Spirits from the word. I can also give you spiritual realm verses from the Old Testament, its real and its more than what we have been taught. I believe in Deliverance Ministry, its very much needed, please don't take this the wrong way, but a soul possessed or oppressed by another spirit needs more than just repentance, they need deliverance, how many times have we missed to help the way they needed because I was too carnally minded. Spirits network with other spirits, if you have a spirit of witchcraft, you'll have a spirit of fear, you have a spirit of rebellion etc.. I know that from what Jesus said about how another spirit will recruit others to help possess or oppress that individual. Monterrey is correct on open doors, we ask about that because Jesus did! He asked the man, "how long has he been like this" the man answered as a child, Jesus knew yet for our admonition he asked. We need to know when the open door was, thats part of praying a soul through to deliverance and allowing that gate to stay closed. Jesus said the enemy came in while men slept. in the spirit we sleep and were not watching and praying spirits come in and the devil himself can be turned into an angel of light, (we see that in the time of Job) we have no discernment, we have problems in the church and were seeking physical solutions to spiritual problems. Think about it...
Old 10-17-2019, 11:16 PM
New User

Well, this was fun (not really). I’m leaving this thread.