Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 03-15-2020, 01:53 PM
Truthseeker's Avatar
Truthseeker Truthseeker is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,727
Re: The virus and Be Apostolic??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Oh, that's right, Peter only had the healing shadow power. Yeah, better off sitting on a pew watching some nut teach on wearing a holy towel around his neck.



I noticed you didn't answer.



Show me where it says in the New Testament that they had special powers?
Church of Christ teaches that the apostles were special and had special powers which no one can have in these times. Like speaking in tongues, have you done that lately?













Bro? I can't believe you posted this. Man, you are the guy who is in a church that teaches on wearing prayer shawls? But you wonder why you haven't seen anything apostolic? Really?


No church is operating at the level of the signs and wonders performed by the apostles, not even yours, prayer shawl or not.
Not that it matters, but it's not taught as something one should do when they pray. I don't see the need but they look at it as a prayer tool.




Oh, so the apostles were the only ones who had superpowers. When the last one dies then no more superpowers and no more title of apostle? Sounds like Campbellite doctrine. John 14:12 has Jesus telling His followers, past and present that they will do greater works . From the looks of this thread, your faith has some fouled spark plugs, and needs a tune up. You don't believe, and if you don't believe it can happen then my man, it will never happen. If you are a doubter, then it can happen right in front of you and you will miss it. I think you been in religion too long, and now you are developing an ecclesiastical rigor mortis.

You're too inclined to jump to conclusions and assumptions, but that's your MO.

I believe in miracles and healing etc....but have never seen anyone operate at the level of the apostles. The apostles indeed had a specific mission. Being a preterist, you should know this. They had a special empowerment "signs of an apostle". That doesn't take away from miracles and healings that can and do occur today.
__________________
Today pull up the little weeds,
The sinful thoughts subdue,
Or they will take the reins themselves
And someday master you. --Anon.


The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.

Last edited by Truthseeker; 03-15-2020 at 01:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-15-2020, 05:16 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 35,318
Re: The virus and Be Apostolic??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
You're too inclined to jump to conclusions and assumptions, but that's your MO.

I believe in miracles and healing etc....but have never seen anyone operate at the level of the apostles. The apostles indeed had a specific mission. Being a preterist, you should know this. They had a special empowerment "signs of an apostle". That doesn't take away from miracles and healings that can and do occur today.
I didnít jump to any conclusions. I guess Iím a different than you. While Iíve never had the opportunity to see a shadow heal. I seen mind blowing miracles. How about an empty eye socket with just the muscle in the hole get filled with an eyeball? Jesus did it once with spit and mud, this Brother was just praying with the man to receive sight. I guess you need to work on your Preterism. Because if it is written in the book and they did it, then you can bet your granddads camaro that we can do it. Work on the Faith bro, donít doubt.

Another thing, whats your MO?
__________________
"Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past. " ~ George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-15-2020, 06:20 PM
Truthseeker's Avatar
Truthseeker Truthseeker is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,727
Re: The virus and Be Apostolic??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I didnít jump to any conclusions. I guess Iím a different than you. While Iíve never had the opportunity to see a shadow heal. I seen mind blowing miracles. How about an empty eye socket with just the muscle in the hole get filled with an eyeball? Jesus did it once with spit and mud, this Brother was just praying with the man to receive sight. I guess you need to work on your Preterism. Because if it is written in the book and they did it, then you can bet your granddads camaro that we can do it. Work on the Faith bro, donít doubt.

Another thing, whats your MO?

Once again, I know miracles happen. No denying that here. Your're not grasping what I'm saying.
__________________
Today pull up the little weeds,
The sinful thoughts subdue,
Or they will take the reins themselves
And someday master you. --Anon.


The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-15-2020, 06:27 PM
shag shag is offline
.


 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,260
Re: The virus and Be Apostolic??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I didn’t jump to any conclusions. I guess I’m a different than you. While I’ve never had the opportunity to see a shadow heal. I seen mind blowing miracles. How about an empty eye socket with just the muscle in the hole get filled with an eyeball? Jesus did it once with spit and mud, this Brother was just praying with the man to receive sight. I guess you need to work on your Preterism. Because if it is written in the book and they did it, then you can bet your granddads camaro that we can do it. Work on the Faith bro, don’t doubt.



Another thing, whats your MO?
We?
To remain on topic I’ll overlook things like Jesus and Elijah, Moses parting of the red seas, Joshua making the sun stand still...etc
and stick with the apostles.


Regarding Matt. 10:1 Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal EVERY disease and sickness.

Respectfully, do you believe that you have this same authority, that you can drive out impure spirits and heal EVERY disease and sickness?

And do you believe the apostles had the “ability” to heal at their own will or desire to, based on that authority?

Truly, signs do follow believers, but are their impartation subject to the believer, to heal at will, anytime and EVERY time they see fit?

If so, why are our apostolic churches full of handicap, cancerous sickly people, (many of which are pastors, their wives, their children etc)?
__________________
If you would win a man to your cause, first convince him that you are his sincere friend. Therein is a drop of honey that catches his heart...
Abraham Lincoln


Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 03-15-2020 at 06:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-15-2020, 06:42 PM
Truthseeker's Avatar
Truthseeker Truthseeker is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,727
Re: The virus and Be Apostolic??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
We?
To remain on topic I’ll overlook things like Jesus and Elijah, Moses parting of the red seas, Joshua making the sun stand still...etc
and stick with the apostles.


Regarding Matt. 10:1 Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal EVERY disease and sickness.

Respectfully, do you believe that you have this same authority, that you can drive out impure spirits and heal EVERY disease and sickness?

And do you believe the apostles had the “ability” to heal at their own will or desire to, based on that authority?

Truly, signs do follow believers, but are their impartation subject to the believer, to heal at will, anytime they see fit?

If so, why are our apostolic churches full of handicap, cancerous sickly people, many of which are (pastors, their wives, their children etc)?

Yep. Paul told the Corinthian church that the signs of an apostle was done among them "signs, wonders and mighty works " Why was it labeled signs of an apostle? Why not signs of a believer? Becaue they had specific function during a specific time. That doesnt negate the fact supernatural stuff is still happening today. Z
__________________
Today pull up the little weeds,
The sinful thoughts subdue,
Or they will take the reins themselves
And someday master you. --Anon.


The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-15-2020, 06:58 PM
Nicodemus1968's Avatar
Nicodemus1968 Nicodemus1968 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Unites States
Posts: 1,127
Re: The virus and Be Apostolic??

John 14:12
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.


Bro. Truthseeker,
We have access to the same healings and miracles the Lord did as he walked this earth. As well as you and EB I havenít seen a person healed from the shadow, but that doesnít mean it cant happen.

James 4:2-3
Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. [3] Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.


Letís ask God to work in the realm of miracles, if we ask is not God faithful to grant us our request?
__________________
"Watch and Pray That you Enter not into Temptation"
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-15-2020, 07:05 PM
shag shag is offline
.


 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,260
Re: The virus and Be Apostolic??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
John 14:12
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.


Bro. Truthseeker,
We have access to the same healings and miracles the Lord did as he walked this earth. As well as you and EB I haven’t seen a person healed from the shadow, but that doesn’t mean it cant happen.

James 4:2-3
Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. [3] Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.


Let’s ask God to work in the realm of miracles, if we ask is not God faithful to grant us our request?

Do you believe that according to Matthew chapter 10, the apostles had the ability to lay hands on someone anytime they so desired, and they would be healed?

What is your opinion on why there are so many sicknesses and diseases in our oneness apostolic churches nowadays?
__________________
If you would win a man to your cause, first convince him that you are his sincere friend. Therein is a drop of honey that catches his heart...
Abraham Lincoln


Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 03-15-2020 at 07:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-15-2020, 07:39 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 35,318
Re: The virus and Be Apostolic??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
Yep. Paul told the Corinthian church that the signs of an apostle was done among them "signs, wonders and mighty works " Why was it labeled signs of an apostle? Why not signs of a believer? Becaue they had specific function during a specific time. That doesnt negate the fact supernatural stuff is still happening today. Z
2 Corinthians 12:12? Bro, Paul was talking about his church planting work, which included signs and miracles. His main point was his perseverance in building the churches in Asia Minor which the "super apostles" who were just coming around to take up a collection. Let me ask you something if someone told you they had terminal cancer, they had three month to live? They weren't too cool on the doctor route.What would you tell them?
__________________
"Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past. " ~ George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-15-2020, 07:41 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 35,318
Re: The virus and Be Apostolic??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
Do you believe that according to Matthew chapter 10, the apostles had the ability to lay hands on someone anytime they so desired, and they would be healed?

What is your opinion on why there are so many sicknesses and diseases in our oneness apostolic churches nowadays?
They must be your kind of folks? Honestly, no offense, but that is the only way I can answer you. Jesus said mustard seed faith, and Hoss, I hear no faith in these posts.
__________________
"Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past. " ~ George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-15-2020, 07:50 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 35,318
Re: The virus and Be Apostolic??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
We?
To remain on topic Iíll overlook things like Jesus and Elijah, Moses parting of the red seas, Joshua making the sun stand still...etc
and stick with the apostles.


Regarding Matt. 10:1 Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal EVERY disease and sickness.

Respectfully, do you believe that you have this same authority, that you can drive out impure spirits and heal EVERY disease and sickness?

And do you believe the apostles had the ďabilityĒ to heal at their own will or desire to, based on that authority?

Truly, signs do follow believers, but are their impartation subject to the believer, to heal at will, anytime and EVERY time they see fit?

If so, why are our apostolic churches full of handicap, cancerous sickly people, (many of which are pastors, their wives, their children etc)?
I had a debate with a Rabbi who wanted to prove Paul was not an apostle. He brought up the same thing about Paul, and claimed what you posted. So, let me ask you this question? Why couldn't Paul heal Epaphroditus Philippians 2:25? Why couldn't he heal Trophimus 2 Timothy 4:20? Why did Paul give holistic advise to Timothy because of his stomach? It's like you are with the unchurched who believe these guys were wizards, and warlocks who can perform magic on people to bring healings, without the persons faith as the main activator. Jesus couldn't do many miracles in His own town because of THEIR lack of faith. Good grief
__________________
"Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past. " ~ George Orwell
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer virus... houston Fellowship Hall 32 06-11-2011 09:55 PM
Must have a virus... Sister Alvear Prayer Closet 4 12-09-2010 02:19 PM
Possible Virus at photobucket Kay B Fellowship Hall 44 03-20-2009 04:36 AM
I must have some kind of virus Sister Alvear Fellowship Hall 17 09-24-2008 08:36 PM
Myspace Virus Praxeas Fellowship Hall 10 11-13-2007 02:59 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by mfblume

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.