Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-21-2020, 06:16 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
People expect those with seemingly Bible knowledge to treat people with respect and kindness - patience. It looks like you get the letter of the Law, but not the Spirit of it.
Practice what you preach, sister.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-21-2020, 06:20 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
If you're going to take the fear to this degree, that even care packages should be banned because of contagion, what about the food they are getting? The health workers coming in who live in the community? I mean really?

Care packages aren't banned. Health workers are able to come and go. They are just trying to cut down on the amount of exposure to the most vulnerable, but there is no way anyone can live in a completely sterile world.
*I'm* not taking "the fear to this level." That was YOU. Can you see what I'm trying to say? People are saying (you were one of them) that quarantine and isolation are necessary because of contagion, yet you want to do things that violate the very concepts of quarantine and contagion. THAT is what I was trying to point out.

Look at what's going on. Contagion contagion contagion but the responses by government AND people do not actually match what is being claimed. Hello? Does that not indicate something wrong with the thought flow here?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-21-2020, 07:09 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
*I'm* not taking "the fear to this level." That was YOU. Can you see what I'm trying to say? People are saying (you were one of them) that quarantine and isolation are necessary because of contagion, yet you want to do things that violate the very concepts of quarantine and contagion. THAT is what I was trying to point out.

Look at what's going on. Contagion contagion contagion but the responses by government AND people do not actually match what is being claimed. Hello? Does that not indicate something wrong with the thought flow here?
“Care packages are not banned.” How is that violating anything?
Old 03-21-2020, 07:13 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
“Care packages are not banned.” How is that violating anything?
It violates the CONCEPT that you and Kept and the Officials were pushing about the need for quarantine due to contagion.

Quarantine - genuine quarantine - means ISOLATION FROM ANY POSSIBLE VECTORS OF TRANSMISSION.

I am not the one arguing for quarantines and isolation, I am just arguing for CONSISTENCY in reasoning processes.

Old 03-21-2020, 08:21 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
It violates the CONCEPT that you and Kept and the Officials were pushing about the need for quarantine due to contagion.

Quarantine - genuine quarantine - means ISOLATION FROM ANY POSSIBLE VECTORS OF TRANSMISSION.

I am not the one arguing for quarantines and isolation, I am just arguing for CONSISTENCY in reasoning processes.
But they don’t go inside the facility. They just leave the packages. If I am outside by myself, I am isolated.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
You can't find anything positive to say. Ever. I'm not evading the fact that there is something ugly at work beneath the surface. But why can't you agree at least that we can be doing something POSITIVE in face of all it?

I'm not denying something big is in the undercurrents, and all of us are trying to figure it out.

I'm glad we can share information as we come across it. It helps us all to be more aware.

BUT In the meantime, let's do all we can while the world flounders in this darkness to be the light that they need.

I think we need to share ideas, and see what we can do. Let's be the hands and feet of Jesus ministering to people who need Him. One idea may work for someone, and not the next person. I don't expect Bro. Esaias and Bro. Beni to send care packages to the nursing homes like I'm doing. But, there is something else they can do that I can't.

Let's all do something to make a difference! We are here for such a time as this!
Sending care packages to nursing homes because you worked in nursing homes. I am trying to help weightlifters who have been put out of their gyms. So aren't I doing the same thing as you?
Old 03-21-2020, 10:28 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
But they don’t go inside the facility. They just leave the packages. If I am outside by myself, I am isolated.
The stuff in the package goes inside, though, right? Was the stuff soaked in Clorix and packed in a Level4 biolab before being sent? No? Then it's a possible vector. See what I'm saying?

Nursing homes are horrendous threats to health to begin with, but that's another story.

Old 03-22-2020, 07:19 AM

That’s the purpose/intent of disinfectants. For now, IF the elderly and those w weak immune systems run out of food, they need to stay home, we(speaking of my wife and I and a few others) will get them food, and meds if needed, using as much sensible wisdom and caution as we can, even at the risk of spreading virus.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 03-22-2020 at 07:28 AM.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:57 AM
Registered Member

You are not understanding what Esaias is saying....

He is talking about how can you isolate totally when you have food coming from outside that has not been decontaminated?

Now, if you say that you are decreasing the amount..... but total isolation? Not even possible.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:18 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
The stuff in the package goes inside, though, right? Was the stuff soaked in Clorix and packed in a Level4 biolab before being sent? No? Then it's a possible vector. See what I'm saying?

Nursing homes are horrendous threats to health to begin with, but that's another story.
As usual, you go to extremes. You don’t have to “soak” items in Clorox nor is it necessary to pack anything in a “Level4 bio lab”. You could easily disinfect any items while wearing a mask and gloves.

With so many people going online while self-isolating, we should do a much better job of representing what “Apostolic” really means. That should be our focus. This forum is pretty far from representing that with all the bickering, smart aleck remarks and the incessant “I can one up you”.

What a shame and a waste of time.