Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-01-2007, 04:28 PM
SISTER Murphy

Okay? Who's the prophet out here?

My pastor reads some of the threads out here from time to time, and he told me a few weeks ago that somebody mentioned in a thread somewhere that, with the passing of Resolution 4, SISTER Murphy would probably be out tearing the UPC sign off the church. That was funny! Just for the record, our church is not affiliated with the UPC, nor does the church sign have UPC in it anywhere. Our pastor carries a UPC license, thus that is our connection to the Oregon District UPC.

So, yesterday afternoon, I was standing on a chair outside the window of the office complex where we have held services for years, and, I was pulling the church sign off of the window. My pastor (who was inside touching up some paint after tearing down a Sunday school theme in one of the classrooms) came out and said, "It's true! You can tell your friends out on that forum that you are tearing the church sign down after all!"

Now, the real reason for the sign removal is that we are finally out of that too small office complex, and headed to the grange hall for just a few services while our new building is being remodeled!!!!! If anybody is curious, here is a link to some pictures of the work in progress in our new building:

http://www.sanctuarynw.com/Church%20...r/FrameSet.htm

Brother Murphy is the guy down in the hole (we took out an old chimney and fireplace to put in a better basement entrance), and I am the gal in the next picture sitting on the ground outside the basement getting all of the bricks that were handed up by my dear hubby. Those handsome young fellows in the background with me were my eager assistants. My apologies in advance to those who might be offended by the nekkid elbows in the pictures; I confess, the Murphys are not true ultracons.

And here is the link to our church website: www.sanctuarynw.com

We are growing, God is blessing, and it is so exciting!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Sheltiedad

I have to admit, I was surprised to see so many people smiling... your bunch looks like they are having a lot of fun!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:49 PM
SISTER Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheltiedad View Post
I have to admit, I was surprised to see so many people smiling... your bunch looks like they are having a lot of fun!
Our people do have fun, lots of fun! Our pastor is terrific, believes living for God is a joy, not a burden, and believes and teaches that its okay to 'party' in church! This building project and transition is a new experience for many of our folks, as we have had a lot of new people become a part of our church family these past few years. That's why we need the bigger place!

There are more pictures from earlier in our remodel project on the website. I think you will discover folks having fun in those pics, too.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Registered Member

I agree. Nice pictures.

Although i don't understand how the title fits the thread.....
Old 11-01-2007, 05:21 PM
SISTER Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
I agree. Nice pictures.

Although i don't understand how the title fits the thread.....
Somebody out here, several weeks ago, said that SISTER Murphy was probably out tearing down the church sign after the TV resolution passed at GC. Yesterday, I fulfilled that 'prophecy', but I have told the story about WHY I have done so, and I was also wondering if the responsible party would 'fess up so I could acknowledge his/her prophetic gifting.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:22 PM

You are on the slippery slippery slope with this one.

Nekkid elbows!

Old 11-01-2007, 05:26 PM
SISTER Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post

You are on the slippery slippery slope with this one.

Nekkid elbows!

Yes, it is true, I confess!!! But my husband ALSO has nekkid elbows! And he's a preacher! And my pastor has nekkid elbows in some of them there pictures, too! Pray for us, brother, pray for us! Lord help us!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SISTER Murphy View Post
Yes, it is true, I confess!!! But my husband ALSO has nekkid elbows! And he's a preacher! And my pastor has nekkid elbows in some of them there pictures, too! Pray for us, brother, pray for us! Lord help us!

How many will that building seat?
When will it be done?
Old 11-01-2007, 05:33 PM
My Family!

LOL---- too funny Sis. Roxie!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Sheltiedad

I hope that's not the parsonage behind you in the picture (with the cinder block step)... looks like some of the places my parents have had to live. lol.