Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-31-2020, 11:43 PM
On the road less traveled

Re: Irwin Baxter and the virus judgment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowas View Post
The "rain on the just and the unjust," is not about a curse. It's a blessing. In Israel, it is mostly desert, so rain was seen as blessing, not a curse. God people and evil people will still get blessed (not cursed).
Thank you for sharing that. I've never had that brought to my attention. But the premise of the matter remains the same. Rain, whether it be considered a blessing or a curse, still falls on all.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:48 PM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
As we speak America is being occupied by a foreign power. Its happening before our eyes. Do you you think this will all just go away? While Im hoping and praying it will I remember Israel being taken captive by Assyria. Judah being taken captive by Babylon.

Now Americans are being held captive in their own country.

But its all just a coincidence.
This is not just about America. This is world-wide. The signs are world-wide. America is not the only nation God is concerned about. He loves all mankind.

Yes, America is in distress. Yes, the possibility exists that the globalists seek to destroy the world economy in order to set up their own agenda. Yes, in America there are the ungodly. But so have there been good and bad in every country around the world.

America does not have the monopoly on God and just because things are rough here right now, does not mean diddly squat in God's economy. Evil has reigned in the world since Cain killed his own brother. God's timetable exists beyond America. And we need to realize that.

But still, we must see the signs for what they are, and not be ignorant. We are told though... when we see these things come to pass that we are to look up, for our redemption draweth nigh!
Old 04-01-2020, 06:40 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

So when they saw the Black Plague of Europe they thought that was Matthew 24.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
This is not just about America. This is world-wide. The signs are world-wide. America is not the only nation God is concerned about. He loves all mankind.

Yes, America is in distress. Yes, the possibility exists that the globalists seek to destroy the world economy in order to set up their own agenda. Yes, in America there are the ungodly. But so have there been good and bad in every country around the world.

America does not have the monopoly on God and just because things are rough here right now, does not mean diddly squat in God's economy. Evil has reigned in the world since Cain killed his own brother. God's timetable exists beyond America. And we need to realize that.

But still, we must see the signs for what they are, and not be ignorant. We are told though... when we see these things come to pass that we are to look up, for our redemption draweth nigh!
So many are western/USA-centric motivated in their Bible interpretation, as if the USA is what Bible endtime scenarios are measured by. Persecution in Chad and elsewhere is of minimal significance, but let the government try to stop the spread of a virus, and WHOA! FINALLY! The persecution so many have been longing(?) for is here. (I am not speaking against your post, but just some of what I have seen some post, here and yon)
Old 04-01-2020, 08:12 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Well yes. I am not trying to limit what God is doing to JUST AMERICA. Since I live here I emphasize it.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Thank you for sharing that. I've never had that brought to my attention. But the premise of the matter remains the same. Rain, whether it be considered a blessing or a curse, still falls on all.
What curse?
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
So when they saw the Black Plague of Europe they thought that was Matthew 24.
The end of world again and again...

Old 04-01-2020, 09:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
The end of world again and again...
I wonder why Christians tend to be end of the world minded? Could it have something to do with this?

1 Peter 4:7

7But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I wonder why Christians tend to be end of the world minded? Could it have something to do with this?

7But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
Peter wasn't talking to us.

Old 04-01-2020, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

If you drop down a few verses, you will get a bit more context as to what Peter is talking about . . .

1 Peter

12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

This may apply to Brother Spell’s situation.