Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library
Facebook

Notices

The Library The Library for posting Articles and recommended reading.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

Back issues of the Pentecostal Herald?

Does anybody know where I can find back issues of the Pentecostal Herald? I am looking for issues from the 80s and 90s. Also some from the 70s would be of interest, thank you.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:51 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Back issues of the Pentecostal Herald?

Don't know about that, but I had found a source for pdf copies of old apostolic newsletters/magazines from the early 1900s (going back to 1918 I think).

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-29-2016, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

Older issues than what you mentioned are found at http://www.1stapostolic.org/oldpublications.html

Many may be purchased at http://www.apostolicarchives.com/PAW_1.html

newer ones are free at https://issuu.com/pentecostalherald
Old 03-03-2016, 12:36 AM
Registered Member

Wow! Those are great links, thanks!

But WOW! Apostolic Archives are charging a lot for those old issues!

They sold me some CDs of Pentecostal records a year or so ago. I think they were $15.00 per CD. Not bad, I thought.

I expected the CDs to at least come with reproductions of the album art, track listings, things like that. Instead, I got CDR's with just black printing on white of the album name and artist name. No track listings.

And what's worse the volume levels were horrible and vastly different from CD to CD.

To really add insult to the price they charged, one of the records (REALLY rare) SKIPS. I asked them for the track listings. No response. Heck, I even volunteered to remaster and retransfer the records for them digitally for FREE (since I do that already for my music blog) but I never got a response.

I appreciate what they do. Truly, I am not casting ill upon them. But I am still kind of upset at the high cost and next to minimal effort they put into preserving those classic records on CD.

Then again, I guess I set a pretty high standard for myself. For the transfers I do for my music blog, I put in a lot of work to make the records sound as best as I can. The volume levels on all the records I share are the same (so if you download one record and another, you don't have to adjust the volume from one record to the next to hear it or because one is too loud.)

OK, I digress... I guess I just had to get that off my chest. For all of the records they put on CD for me, I either have turned around and bought them all on tape or LP and for the rest I am continuing to try to find the actual records. Especially for the one that skips a lot. And it was a good record otherwise...it was very disappointing how it turned out.

I guess what I am saying is: I really don't want to do business with them again. I was hoping there would be somebody selling a bundle of them somewhere, and not asking an arm and a leg for the collection. For the "quality," or lack thereof, of the records to CD I got from them, I wonder about the quality of the CDs they have of the issues. I guess they are in PDF format? I don't know...I think it should be available on line for download at for a donation. Given what I've seen from them, I don't have much hope for high quality on whatever PDF transfers they put together.

Last edited by RevDanBurns; 03-03-2016 at 12:38 AM.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:52 PM
Registered Member

I did locate some old copies of the Gospel Tidings. They were published by the Western District (California). Not sure which years. They are not in the mail yet.

If anyone has any old Gospel Tidings magazines, feel free to send them to Christian Life College Library. They will catalogue and conserve them.