Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-04-2022, 08:03 AM
Registered Member

God created our immune system

Do you think sickness, disease, pestilence are an act of God?

The role of sickness and disease in the Bible was often a judgement against a nation for some sin. In short, the people of Israel would repent of their sin and God would stay the plague.

Do you think the way God stayed the plagues (unbeknown to us) could of been through natural immunity?

Could centuries of the judgments of God led man to discover the immune system and how it developes immunity?

I have heard that vaccines are small doses of disease, given to familiarize our bodies immune system to the actual disease itself. In effect, preparing our immune system for the real thing.

That is genius.

But….

What if you take a child before they are 5-6 years old, and steadily inject them with a regiment of each these horrible diseases (the judgments of God).

Polio, measles, mumps, scarlet fever, hepatitis, bubonic plague, etc….

We put our children’s immune systems through gymnastics to deal with plagues that I feel that God sent as judgments upon this earth. It seems that autoimmune disorders are common. Allergies, asthma, eczema, and many more I don’t know the name of. Maybe even more severe things, like some of the mental illness we have discussed on other threads.

I know these diseases will kill people if left alone. I also know that many people would develop natural immunity and survive. But, by trying to cheat death and amping up our children’s immune system, could we be just choosing another poison? I don’t have the answer to this, but I think we should put some serious thought and study into the subject, before we just take a doctors word for it.
Old 04-04-2022, 08:48 AM
Registered Member

Re: God created our immune system

Interesting questions...

Some think of vaccines as preventive medicine to strengthen your immunity, the same way you take supplements to strengthen your immunity, but a in a very hack-y way.

I'll keep an eye on this thread.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
Do you think sickness, disease, pestilence are an act of God?
God made bacteria and viruses, molds and blights since He is the Creator of All that Is, so in a word, yes.

Quote:
The role of sickness and disease in the Bible was often a judgement against a nation for some sin. In short, the people of Israel would repent of their sin and God would stay the plague.
Do you have several examples of a sickness or disease as a judgment against a nation or nations for some sin by God, in the Bible? You used the word "often", so it should be a regularly occurring event, correct?

Are you thinking of Egypt? The Philistines and the hemorroids God gave them? Or something else?

As far as Israel is concerned, they were only plagued twice, once in Numbers and then again when David took a census. The first was supernatural, as the fiery serpents were actually seraphim according to the Hebrew. The second was through angelic agency, so again, supernatural, meaning not a sickness derived from a bacterium or virus.

Quote:
Do you think the way God stayed the plagues (unbeknown to us) could of been through natural immunity?
No. Immune systems do not stay the wrath of God.

Quote:
Could centuries of the judgments of God led man to discover the immune system and how it developes immunity?
The general malaise of the human race and the sicknesses that it has experienced coupled with a longing to save ourselves from such suffering, in addition to continued advancements in technology and science, plus a willingness to forego believing such sicknesses were the result of divine justice, is what led man to discover the immune system, and other aspects of human biology and medicine.

Quote:
I have heard that vaccines are small doses of disease, given to familiarize our bodies immune system to the actual disease itself. In effect, preparing our immune system for the real thing.
I think you are thinking of inoculations.

Quote:
That is genius.
I agree.

Quote:
But….

What if you take a child before they are 5-6 years old, and steadily inject them with a regiment of each these horrible diseases (the judgments of God).

You might severely reduce infant and child mortality around the world for the first time in human history. But that isn't the real story of how inoculations occurred. It wasn't inject a child over and over again with all sorts of living contaminates and hope he survives.

Again, I think you are confusing inoculations with vaccines. Children the world over are given lots of vaccinations while they are young. But those vaccines do not carry inside of them divine plagues sent to judge the world, whatever else is in them.

Quote:
We put our children’s immune systems through gymnastics to deal with plagues that I feel that God sent as judgments upon this earth. It seems that autoimmune disorders are common. Allergies, asthma, eczema, and many more I don’t know the name of. Maybe even more severe things, like some of the mental illness we have discussed on other threads.
You have to be able to show that such conditions as you have listed above are actually judgments from God upon this earth, from the Scriptures. Can you do that? Chapter and verse?

Quote:
I know these diseases will kill people if left alone. I also know that many people would develop natural immunity and survive. But, by trying to cheat death and amping up our children’s immune system, could we be just choosing another poison? I don’t have the answer to this, but I think we should put some serious thought and study into the subject, before we just take a doctors word for it.
Doctors are like preachers, or anything else, really. Some are quacks, some are harmless but useless, some are mad, some are good and very helpful with correct moral motivations, and etc.

But to think that we have the ability to harness a judgment from God in the form of disease in order to save ourselves from that judgment, means we have circumvented the power of God to do as He pleases, which just isn't possible. If God decides to judge, and if He decides to use a plague or sickness to do so, ain't no one gonna come up with an inoculation, vaccine, medication, treatment option, or other therapeutic or palliative that will make one iota of difference.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/

Last edited by votivesoul; 04-05-2022 at 12:52 AM.
Old 04-05-2022, 07:21 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
But….

If God wants you dead, you will be deader than cold fried chicken. No matter what you do will stay His hand.
Old 04-05-2022, 08:21 AM
Registered Member

Good grief people...... Your gonna die....... Buy life insurance
Old 04-05-2022, 12:34 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
But to think that we have the ability to harness a judgment from God in the form of disease in order to save ourselves from that judgment, means we have circumvented the power of God to do as He pleases, which just isn't possible. If God decides to judge, and if He decides to use a plague or sickness to do so, ain't no one gonna come up with an inoculation, vaccine, medication, treatment option, or other therapeutic or palliative that will make one iota of difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
If God wants you dead, you will be deader than cold fried chicken. No matter what you do will stay His hand.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 04-05-2022, 03:45 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBandy View Post
Good grief people...... Your gonna die....... Buy life insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBandy View Post
Geez. No wonder I have stayed away from this forum ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
And yet, here you are.

Last edited by Evang.Benincasa; 04-05-2022 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-05-2022, 07:51 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

https://sunnylanblog.wordpress.com/2...-unvaccinated/

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-06-2022, 06:12 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I went into the bank on my way to work a few weeks ago, and while I was in there, I started getting a cough. I'd clear my throat, but a few seconds later it would be back. It was all I could do to stop from going into a full on coughing fit right there (which considering the world today, you know would cause some to freak out). After leaving the bank, I finally let loose and tried clearing my throat. I was still coughing on my way to work, and for probably a good 30-45 minutes after I opened the store (thankfully I was alone).

I've no doubt most if not all of those working at the bank were jabbed, so I wondered at the time if that could be related. I'll probably never know for sure, but I was fine before I went to the bank, and I never had any further issues after my coughing fit went away. It may have been something else entirely, but the thought certainly did cross my mind.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 04-06-2022, 01:10 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
I went into the bank on my way to work a few weeks ago, and while I was in there, I started getting a cough. I'd clear my throat, but a few seconds later it would be back. It was all I could do to stop from going into a full on coughing fit right there (which considering the world today, you know would cause some to freak out). After leaving the bank, I finally let loose and tried clearing my throat. I was still coughing on my way to work, and for probably a good 30-45 minutes after I opened the store (thankfully I was alone).

I've no doubt most if not all of those working at the bank were jabbed, so I wondered at the time if that could be related. I'll probably never know for sure, but I was fine before I went to the bank, and I never had any further issues after my coughing fit went away. It may have been something else entirely, but the thought certainly did cross my mind.
Go get yourself a ribeye steak, and smother it in butter. You will be fit as a fiddle