Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-16-2014, 08:44 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Deep Apostolic Teachers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
Please be honest about it.
It is you who I have antagonized by rejecting your anti-tithe tirades.

I speak to God all the time, he gets my full attention, the problem is that I am not paying any attention to what you teach.

The Lord sure is using you to keep me from falling into extremist views.

Yes I reject your "exhortation" because I am standing on Jesus my rock, and no he will not grind me to powder.

The Bible says to test the spirit of the prophets, I tested your spirit and therefore I reject your prophecy as not coming from God, for God speaks to me and he has not told me what you have told me.
And no I do not fear any death threats or talk of my early demise.

By the way, I am going to die one day, whether soon or later, but it will not be because of any fear induced prophecy from you.
Well there you go. Sean has given you a pass (posting that he 'respects' your decision) therefore you are free from the pox he was going to unleash upon you.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:49 PM
General Overseer, A.F.N.

But I do have to ask, Based on the word of Sean, wouldnt all the tithe-preachers be TRUE PROFITS???
Apostolic is an understanding that God has finally and completely revealed Himself to all mankind through His incarnation as Jesus Christ. He has revealed to all a way of life, love and forgiveness that leads to a right relationship with Him and with each other.

~Repairing the Apostolic Church, Apostle W. Carey & Bishop N. Morales
Old 09-16-2014, 09:24 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Please explain to us exactly what that verse means. How literal is it to be taken, if at all?
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 09-16-2014, 10:49 PM
Banned

Nobody is going to be saved that teaches tithing. The great stumbling block of Christianity, will be the eternal demise of anyone that laid it in the path of sinners and saints.

Ministers can laud one another until doomsday, but that which is highly esteemed in the sight of man is an abomination to God.

They will pay dearly for this teaching....

If grace covers this abominable doctrine, then the saints can sleep with hookers and be saved.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:02 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Misinterpretation is on par with moral failure?

The stuff you read on AFF.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:03 AM

All legalists go to hell.

And everyone else that disagrees with me.

I own L.A.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:26 AM
Recovering Pharisee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafon View Post
Sorry, Mike, I didn't say that Seagraves had "become anti-Pentecostal." What I said was that instead of defending his stated position concerning "soul sleep," which I refuted by way of personal correspondence with him when he was the Dean of Theology at Christian Life College in California (he is now associated with the Urshan School of Theology at Hazelwood, Mo), he replied, recommending that I acquire and study a book written by a defrocked Baptist theologian, which essentially believed as he did about the matter.

I likened Seagraves actions to be similar to advising me to go and consult with the devil to learn the "truth" about "soul sleep"! What Seagraves was not aware of was that I had in my possession a DVD in which the defrocked ex-Baptist theologian accused the UPCI of being cultic, and that "speaking in tongues" was of the devil.

I would have thought that Seagraves, being the learned biblical scholar that he proclaims himself to be, would have been aware of the credentials of the man who wrote the book that he advised me to purchase and study.

This incident happened more than 10 years ago, and I've never listened to a single sermon, or speech concerning Bible doctrines by Seagraves since, nor do I intend to!
And the loss is all yours. Dr. Dan Seagraves is an incredible Bible teacher. I had the opportunity to be in a couple of the classes he taught at CLC and those were by far the best classes I had.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Please explain to us exactly what that verse means. How literal is it to be taken, if at all?

Timmy, the English word ”offence” in the KJV Bible derives from the Greek words ”skandalon, and skandakizo,” meaning, ”to entrap, snare, or entice to fall; a stumbling-block” (see Strong’s Concordance #4624 & 4625)

Please note that in Jesus’ statement He did NOT command that the one found guilty of having committed an ”offence(s)” is to be forcibly taken, a heavy obstacle hanged about his neck, and then he be cast into the sea to drown. He simply said that ”It were better for him” that such punishment be inflicted upon the one who is found to be guilty of having “snared, entrapped, or enticed” another to fall; implying that they have committed an act against another which is worthy of such punishment as that which He described (I suspect that drowning in the sea, if it be that it were an option, is preferable than being compelled to experience eternal torment in a lake of fire).

So, regarding your question whether we are to take Jesus’ words “literally”? Of course not! We are not the one who determines the punishment, or fate, of our fellow who may be guilty of having committed an “offence” against us, that is, they’ve done or said something that (might) serve as the “stumbling-block” that cause us to fall and thereby lose out on the wondrous eternal redemption that God has made possible for all mankind.

Concerning my remarks about Dan Segraves which prompted my reference to our Lord’s statement, it came about because I challenged his stand on the matter of “soul sleep,” and rather than enter into a dialogue with me about it, he replied that he did not believe that such was a scripturally sound teaching, and proceeded to counsel me to consult with a man whom I knew had refuted even Segraves’ teachings, calling the UPCI a cult.

That act by Segraves, to me at least, was considered as an “offence,” and served, not as something which might enhance my understanding of the matter, but could, had I accepted both Segraves and the defrocked Baptist minister’s opinions rather than that which the Bible states, served as a “snare” that would prevent me from enjoying an eternal reward which God has made possible for me.

Did Segraves’ act authorize, or give me the right to hang a heavy weight around his neck and forcibly throw him into the sea? Of course not! However, I would not want to “stand in his shoes” when he appears before the Lord on the last day, for it will be then that he MUST answer to Him, who is the Judge of all mankind, for the “offence” which he committed against me, and perhaps countless others as well.

I hope this explanation will suffice.