Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 07-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

I wonder what the purpose would be

if a rumour is true that "US Embassies Are Advised to Buy Enough Local Currency for 1 Year"? Would this mean our Government sees a sharp decline in the value of the dollar on the near horizon? Surely there is not a "Bank Holiday" in our future?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sch...ture-of-future
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 07-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Not riding the train

Re: I wonder what the purpose would be

Here's another article on the subject.

Bank "Holiday" planned for September?

http://www.examiner.com/x-6012-State...-for-September
Old 07-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Registered Member

BHO = rising dictator
Old 07-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Here's another article on the subject.

Bank "Holiday" planned for September?

What will be taken instead of gold or will there be another grab for gold? Perhaps the dollar will be out and a new currency in?
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDWW View Post
What will be taken instead of gold or will there be another grab for gold? Perhaps the dollar will be out and a new currency in?
I checked at Twitter and only saw the two articles. I don't have a handle on this. There wasn't much else on the subject. Post any further information, please, and I will do the same.

He's saying the IMF basket of currencies is more likely. I don't understand it all.

Last edited by Pressing-On; 07-01-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
In order soften the nation up for the coming pillage, the Obama administration has proposed a plan to give the privately-owned and unaccountable Federal Reserve complete regulatory oversight across the entire U.S. economy. The new rules would see the Fed given the authority to “regulate” any company whose activity it believes could threaten the economy and the markets — that is to say if it “threatens” the monopolistic interests of the bankers.

I wonder if that is why Ron Paul is pushing legislation to regulate the Federal Reserve? Perhaps he saw this coming?
Old 07-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I checked at Twitter and only saw the two articles. I don't have a handle on this. There wasn't much else on the subject. Post any further information, please, and I will do the same.
I heard it talked about on Glenn Beck's "Right wing nut job" radio show. Brad Thor was the guest and he mentioned it and said he has friends that work in Embassies and asked one of them and they gave him the "I can not confirm nor deny" answer.

PS. I really like Glenn Beck's radio show........I'm reading his Common Sense book and it is very interesting. Perhaps some of our resident "Current Administration Acolytes" should read and refute it for us.........

Old 07-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDWW View Post
I heard it talked about on Glenn Beck's "Right wing nut job" radio show. Brad Thor was the guest and he mentioned it and said he has friends that work in Embassies and asked one of them and they gave him the "I can not confirm nor deny" answer.

PS. I really like Glenn Beck's radio show........I'm reading his Common Sense book and it is very interesting. Perhaps some of our resident "Current Administration Acolytes" should read and refute it for us.........
I wasn't sure if I would like Glenn Beck. My husband was telling me something he said a while back and it seemed a little crazy, so I never tuned in.

I ran across a couple of video clips of him talking and thought he was interesting. One day, in my vehicle, I was trying to find a talk show in the morning and listened to a guy talking, sounded reasonable and then I found out it was Glenn.

He's on Twitter. Even talks about not feeling well lately. LOL! Seems like a kind of childish man, but he also seems sincere.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I wasn't sure if I would like Glenn Beck. My husband was telling me something he said a while back and it seemed a little crazy, so I never tuned in.

I ran across a couple of video clips of him talking and thought he was interesting. One day, in my vehicle, I was trying to find a talk show in the morning and listened to a guy talking, sounded reasonable and then I found out it was Glenn.

He's on Twitter. Even talks about not feeling well lately. LOL! Seems like a kind of childish man, but he also seems sincere.

I watched Beck yesterday on FOX and his line of questioning coupled with the right winged yes man he had on the show made for a very emotionally charging experience.

The only thing that kept me from walking away from him is that he did have some valid points (at the time he made sense), but again, it was abviously he way trying to get the viewers charged up.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
I watched Beck yesterday on FOX and his line of questioning coupled with the right winged yes man he had on the show made for a very emotionally charging experience.

The only thing that kept me from walking away from him is that he did have some valid points (at the time he made sense), but again, it was abviously he way trying to get the viewers charged up.
I glad you found it obvious, he is trying to get folks to take back our country....peacefully....and he stresses peacefully.......