Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 12-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Where's The Gun Outrage Over This?

5,740 children and teens died from gunfire in the US in 2008 and 2009.
3,892 were victims of homicide (62%).
2,320 were black (60%).

The leading cause of death among black teens ages 15-19 was gun homicide.

3,352 boys were victims of homicides in the US in 2008 and 2009.
3,034 were ages 15-19 (91%).
1,925 were black (63%).

Black males ages 15-19 are two times more likely to be killed in a gun homicide than Latino males the same ages and eight times more likely than Caucasian males the same ages.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Registered Member

Re: Where's The Gun Outrage Over This?

Which proves that America has become a very evil nation.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

an alleged WHITE man needs to be involved than all the fake rage will show up here and everywhere............. ps here is another one on guns, they waltz across our borders armed to the teeth then this happens........... http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...ater-confirms/............... an antique shot gun is declared at the border as instructed by our people and theres ...he sits in a hell hole for 4 months and is told the mexican military uses that weapon.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
5,740 children and teens died from gunfire in the US in 2008 and 2009.
3,892 were victims of homicide (62%).
2,320 were black (60%).

The leading cause of death among black teens ages 15-19 was gun homicide.

3,352 boys were victims of homicides in the US in 2008 and 2009.
3,034 were ages 15-19 (91%).
1,925 were black (63%).

Black males ages 15-19 are two times more likely to be killed in a gun homicide than Latino males the same ages and eight times more likely than Caucasian males the same ages.

What do u reckon the reasoning is behind this?

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29
Old 12-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Registered Member

Why is it we can rightly blame the drunken idiot behind the wheel for the carnages they create on our streets and we would never classify the car as the killer of an innocent accident victim. But, when it comes to an idiot behind the trigger of anything from a BB gun to an AK47, we always want to blame and demonize the gun and not the shooter. If you ask me, we’ve become a nation of irrational and mindless subjects, drive by sensationalism and media hype to believe and act on whatever talking points and catch phrases “they” are promoting on any given week. Think about the irony of a president who has no problem with abortions in the third trimester, standing up in Newtown, CT and telling us we “must do better than this” in protecting our school children from violence. Can you seriously trust the sincerity of this guy to work to protect your children while he also continues to fight for the “right” for his daughters to be able to get a late term abortion on his own grandchild? When you think about it in that light, you see he’s part of the problem because the real problem is people like him have created a society that doesn’t value life.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:30 AM

My point is every year a disproportionate percentage of black youths are killed by guns and we don't hear the outrage. In addition the toughest gun laws on the books are cities led be Democratic mayors and city councils and they have the highest gun murder rates.

But as soon as a bunch of white kids get massacred, then all of these liberals get up in a hissy.

It's fake outrage---it's all about taking advantage of people's fears to grow the government and steal constitutional rights.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
My point is every year a disproportionate percentage of black youths are killed by guns and we don't hear the outrage. In addition the toughest gun laws on the books are cities led be Democratic mayors and city councils and they have the highest gun murder rates.

But as soon as a bunch of white kids get massacred, then all of these liberals get up in a hissy.

It's fake outrage---it's all about taking advantage of people's fears to grow the government and steal constitutional rights.
You know Sir,
My roommate and I were just discussing this two nights ago.

While I don't think the Newtown outrage is FAKE, the outrage is missing concerning the stats on black youth murder because people are numb to the death of black youth-- which often happens under different circumstances and usually doesn't include 20 black youth dying all at once.

I am begining to wonder if there is something deeply sinister on an unbelievable level involved with the introduction of drugs to the "black community", the jail sentencing, the murders, the abortions-- then you have that monument just north of Atlanta that espouses population control.

Maybe the 9/11 fruitcakes and all the other conspiracy nuts are on to something-- but their painted as nuts or worst so to discourage their digging and to discredit their findings.

However, I would just rather think the best about my country. There are times I wish I was an ostrich.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:59 AM

Much of the outrage is sincere, however there are many that want to outlaw guns altogether, that's the plan. So the do like they always do---incrementally change America from it's moorings.

Their outrage is fake because they really care more about total gun bans rather than just assault rifles.

The crazy young man in China that killed 20+ with a knife at a school recently proves you can kill massive numbers of people without a gun. So then what? get rid of knives, sharp objects, pointy things?

Old 12-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Much of the outrage is sincere, however there are many that want to outlaw guns altogether, that's the plan. So the do like they always do---incrementally change America from it's moorings.

Their outrage is fake because they really care more about total gun bans rather than just assault rifles.

The crazy young man in China that killed 20+ with a knife at a school recently proves you can kill massive numbers of people without a gun. So then what? get rid of knives, sharp objects, pointy things?
Well, needles can be very dangerous-- especially when they're hidden in haystacks.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Solid 3 Stepper

Quote:

As usual you have your facts wrong the nut in china killed no one with his knife.