Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-20-2019, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

Re: Can/Should Christians Be Democrats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
So, give me a country that was NOT founded on your definition of "rebellion".
Bump for Nico
Old 11-20-2019, 03:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Ah, I thought our friend sent you for me.
He may of....
Old 11-20-2019, 04:11 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
He may of....
Ha! Got off the phone with him a while ago.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:52 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I read this statement before, to some it mind boggling, to others they’ll say “that’s who i am”...

A rebellious person likes to challenge authority and break the rules every now and then. A really rebellious group tries to overthrow the government. Being rebellious is part of the American character. ... Anywhere there's an authority, someone is probably acting rebellious toward it.

The one God movement wasnt in rebellion when they left the AOG, no one forced them to stay in, they felt it was sin for them to stay in. That’s not rebellion, rebellion is pride, rebellion is anger, rebellion is holier than thou, rebellion hates God (authority), rebellion looks for ways to be rebellious! That’s the difference with some mindsets, in your minds you’ll look for ways to be rebellious and you’ll convert your conscience into thinking its ok, and its not.

David wasnt in rebellion to Saul, you know what David did? He ran from Saul, instead of picketing the castle, instead of airing his grievances on twitter, or instead of him storming the castle with his other friends and taking it over because Samuel told him he will be king.... He ran, he wouldn’t touch the Lords anointed, his spirit is different than some on this forum, he didn’t fight he was meek! Jesus said, “if my kingdom was of this world, then would my servants fight.” His kingdom is a spiritual kingdom, so with the same rigor and determination you have to “make America great again” transform that into the spiritual kingdom of God. I think if we (myself included) do that well see the miracles and supernatural that God desires for us to see.
"In your minds..."?

You know what I think? I think in YOUR mind that all rebellion is witchcraft, except YOUR rebellion. THAT'S just good old fashioned obedience to God.

Personally, and I don't mean to be rude, but I honestly don't think you have any idea what "the spiritual kingdom of God" is about. I say that based on your statements here on the forum. I fully realise you esteem yourself all spiritual and stuff, and anyone else (such as myself) to be mere carnal bumpkins, but I also realise based on your own statements that your doctrine is about as spiritually useful as teats on a bull. And no, I'm not "swearing", I'm just a Texas boy from the backwoods.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-20-2019, 06:55 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Were the 3 Hebrew Children in rebellion for refusing to obey their governmental authority or how about Daniel?
Rahab, guilty of treason and aiding and abetting foreign spies preparing to slaughter her home town...yet somehow she made it into the Hebrews Hall of Faith....

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-21-2019, 06:53 AM
Registered Member

Sorry for taking longer than planned.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:55 AM
Registered Member

I Samuel 15:23
“For REBELLION is as the sin of WITCHCRAFT, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee from being king”

You take out the “is as” and we can plainly see rebellion is witchcraft, pardon my being frank, doesn’t matter what we feel, if your in rebellion your in witchcraft. Now, Samuel said because you rejected the word of the lord. So, I believe there some in here that say Rebellion to God is wrong, Rebellion to man is justifiable! What got all this started, was because I said Rebellion is Rebellion, God doesn’t separate the two, cause it causes WITCHCRAFT no matter if its to God or Man! There are some of you using the Bible to justify Rebellion??? That has to throw up some red flags, Moses was justified by God for Rebelling Pharaoh? What about the disciples in Acts 5, they’re justified, what about the three Hebrew children, they’re justified, your trying to use biblical examples to justify your witchcraft, because REBELLION THE SIN OF WITCHCRAFT is the word of GOD! I understand there a lot here that don’t believe in the spirit realm, and I’m not trying to convince you to believe either, but the word that Samuel spoke are very direct and simple.

With that said,

James 3:9
“Therefore bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.”

Acts 9:5
“And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Matthew 25:45
“Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

The way you treat others, your treating God. I’m taking to the church i.e the Bride of Christ, your held to a higher standard, and I’m not saying anything you all don’t already know. We don’t look for ways to “stand” for truth in order to contradict somebody.

You read about the rebellion of the 13 colonies under Britain Government, they rebelled against their authority, and from that rebellion came the United States. Read your history, there were preachers telling those god wants war, and such like, I’m sorry this isn’t the Old Testament now and it wasnt then, God doesn’t want war in the physical we are commanded to war in the spiritual. The United States was birthed because of their Rebellion against authority, you can disagree if you want that’s fine, and I will not try to convince you otherwise. Yet, the problems facing this country is from that rebellion, hear me “if America is destroyed it will be destroyed from within!” Rebellion destroys you from within, slow process devastating results.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
"In your minds..."?

You know what I think? I think in YOUR mind that all rebellion is witchcraft, except YOUR rebellion. THAT'S just good old fashioned obedience to God.

Personally, and I don't mean to be rude, but I honestly don't think you have any idea what "the spiritual kingdom of God" is about. I say that based on your statements here on the forum. I fully realise you esteem yourself all spiritual and stuff, and anyone else (such as myself) to be mere carnal bumpkins, but I also realise based on your own statements that your doctrine is about as spiritually useful as teats on a bull. And no, I'm not "swearing", I'm just a Texas boy from the backwoods.
Don’t take anything personal Esaias, I said “in your minds” because you and the others in this thread are saying Rebellion to man is ok, and if I understand this post you just posted then your saying Rebellion to man is good old fashioned obedience to God.. And if you feel that about me, that’s fine you can have your own opinion. I believe in the spirit realm so a lot of what I say will be thread with that, you don’t believe like i believe, in my mind that’s fine, well probably wont agree on much, yet that’s what discussion is built on. I understand what teats on a bull means, or you can even tell me “go milk a lama” i understand. Don’t take it personal, and you’ll be fine.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:05 AM
Registered Member

With my last post...

Do you all believe Rebellion is the same as Disobedience???
Old 11-21-2019, 08:15 AM
Registered Member

Acts 4:19
But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.

Daniel 3:16-18
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed–nego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter. [17] If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. [18] But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

Daniel 6:10
Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.

Joshua 2:12-15
[12] Now therefore, I pray you, swear unto me by the Lord, since I have shewed you kindness, that ye will also shew kindness unto my father's house, and give me a true token: [13] And that ye will save alive my father, and my mother, and my brethren, and my sisters, and all that they have, and deliver our lives from death. [14] And the men answered her, Our life for yours, if ye utter not this our business. And it shall be, when the Lord hath given us the land, that we will deal kindly and truly with thee. [15] Then she let them down by a cord through the window: for her house was upon the town wall, and she dwelt upon the wall.

Exodus 13:17
And it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God led them not through the way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, Lest peradventure the people repent when they see war, and they return to Egypt:

I Samuel 19:18
So David fled, and escaped, and came to Samuel to Ramah, and told him all that Saul had done to him. And he and Samuel went and dwelt in Naioth.

I believe I have used the examples that you gave to me supporting “Rebellion” against man, and “God” blessed them for it. The difference between Saul and these men was they put the situation into Gods hand. Saul did what he wanted to do, he took it into his own hands, and the Lord took away his kingship because he trusted into himself. These other men and women didn’t bow to the world YET, they allowed God to give them the victory. Rebellion is Ill take it into my own hands, Rebellion is self will, if you stand fro truth, God will always take care of you. Rebellion your on your own.