Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

Re: Healing Scriptures

"howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting." -Matthew 17:21-
Old 12-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Registered Member

That's wierd I was looking that up this morning.I looked at the same thing.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:17 PM
They that wait upon the Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
By His stripes we are healed ...

For awhile I've struggled whether or not we in some ways misapply this verse to automatically mean physical healing .... or that somehow as some say we don't have enough faith in what he did on the cross if we do not receive healing

Looking at the context of it .... it seems to pertain mostly to our spiritual man and condition ...

One writer states:

"The phrase "we were healed" in Strongs Concordance the Hebrew word is chabbuwrah- bound (with stripes), i.e. a weal (or black-and-blue mark itself):

The root word is #2266 chabar-1) to unite, to join, to bind together, to be joined, to be coupled, to be in league, to heap up, to have fellowship with, to unite, to join oneself to, to make an alliance.

By his stripes we were healed, we were made united to God spiritually now having fellowship where sin once kept us from this. While this does not dismiss his physically healing us, it in no way is a guarantee of it. To teach this can be just as much a disservice than someone teaching God no longer heals!"

And so I think we can apply it to physical healing but really the thrust of this message is that by His sacrifice we are make whole w/ and in God.

More on this topic here

The whole cause of sickness is the curse of sin which brought spiritual and eventually brings physical death. He took the punishment for sin which now Heals us from the cause of sickness, sin. We now have life eternal which is far more important than physical life. Every one is aging, that is brought on by an attack on our body by disease until the day we eventually return to the dust, waiting for the redemtion of our physical bodies with incoruptable bodies.

In the process of proving his ability to have the power over sin he demonstrated that he can heal the symptoms of sin, sickness. We also in the short term do rely on that power over sickness through his redemptive blood so that we can continue to do his work effectively.

It would do very little good to pray for someone who is lost to be healed from a disease without a healing of his soul. That would extend the phsical life but would still eventually lead to eternal death.

That is why associated with healing is the forgiveness of sins.

Pastor DT Salaz
Old 06-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Registered Member

Lightbulb Re: Healing Scriptures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
Ps 103:3 comes to mind-
praise God good verse
Old 09-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Thanks Sis

Psa 103:1 Of David. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!
Psa 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
Psa 103:3 who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases,

This entire psalm is a good one

Psa 30:2 O LORD my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me.
Psa 30:3 O LORD, you have brought up my soul from Sheol; you restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit.
Psa 30:4 Sing praises to the LORD, O you his saints, and give thanks to his holy name.

Psa 107:19 Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress.
Psa 107:20 He sent out his word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction.
Psa 107:21 Let them thank the LORD for his steadfast love, for his wondrous works to the children of men!
Psa 107:22 And let them offer sacrifices of thanksgiving, and tell of his deeds in songs of joy!

Isa 53:4 Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.

Luk 4:18 "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed,
Luk 4:19 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."

Jas 5:13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise.
Jas 5:14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.
Jas 5:15 And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
Jas 5:16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
Jas 5:17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth.
Jas 5:18 Then he prayed again, and heaven gave rain, and the earth bore its fruit.

1Pe 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.
(read whole chapter)
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
Old 09-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

A lesson on healing that I taught at our church a couple of years ago in a midweek service and that I will be teaching tomorrow morning at a prayer meeting at the Presbyterian Church in Hamilton, OH.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ThotsOnHealing.pdf (26.3 KB, 5 views)

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 10-04-2010, 06:39 AM
Banned

As an atheist with like 3 deleted accounts for things that 'weren't questions or answers' (but were mostly just vicious or troublesome) I have no sympathy for you. I don't report you for anything and that's all you're going to get from me.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Registered Member

Job 33

14For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.

15In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;

16Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,

17That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.

18He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

19He is chastened also with pain upon his bed, and the multitude of his bones with strong pain:

20So that his life abhorreth bread, and his soul dainty meat.

21His flesh is consumed away, that it cannot be seen; and his bones that were not seen stick out.

22Yea, his soul draweth near unto the grave, and his life to the destroyers.

23If there be a messenger with him, an interpreter, one among a thousand, to shew unto man his uprightness:

24Then he is gracious unto him, and saith, Deliver him from going down to the pit: I have found a ransom.

25His flesh shall be fresher than a child's: he shall return to the days of his youth:

26He shall pray unto God, and he will be favourable unto him: and he shall see his face with joy: for he will render unto man his righteousness.

27He looketh upon men, and if any say, I have sinned, and perverted that which was right, and it profited me not;

28He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.

29Lo, all these things worketh God oftentimes with man,

30To bring back his soul from the pit, to be enlightened with the light of the living.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deuteronomy 8:5
Thou shalt also consider in thine heart, that, as a man chasteneth his son, so the LORD thy God chasteneth thee.

Proverbs 13:24
He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

Hebrews 12:6
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Hebrews 12:7
If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When one is afflicted with sickness or disease, perhaps the prudent thing to do would be to seek God in an effort towards determining whether such is His way of "chastening" us (that is to say, inflicting pain upon our physical body as a manner of instruction/correction of a fault).

Interesting thought, no?
Old 01-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Banned

Acts 2:38

Old 12-19-2015, 09:04 PM
Registered Member

Hello every one dose Exodus 15;26 fit in with healing scriptures still learning about scriptures and putting them in right context have learning disabilities have as hard time remembering things had an accident when i was young child !

Exodus 15:26 (KJV)
26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.