Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 08-20-2016, 11:53 AM
Registered Member

Trump might win huge!!

The popular vote, that is.

I think we will see many NeverTrumpers come home in the final days. They, along with disaffected, unemployed whites might push Trump to a considerable popular vote victory of 4 to 5 points.

Even so, I see little hope Trump can win the Electoral college vote.

Virginia-She used to be a dependable red State. She voted for LBJ in 1964 and that was the last Democrat Presidential candidate she supported until 2008. She again went Democrat in 2012 and I do not see how a Republican will ever win there again. As the Federal government has grown, so has the number of Federal employees migrating to the Virginia suburbs of D.C. This class of voter loves Federal power and sees themselves as the elite of the nation. Their votes now cancel out those of true Virginians.

North Carolina-
A mass influx of liberal Yankees has turned this once conservative state into a blue state.

Florida-
Same as North Carolina.

Pennsylvania- A hub for the once reliable Democrat, blue collar working class white voters. But the Dems have made it clear they are no longer interested in this class of voter. Trump is attracting them now. If the NeverTrump Republicans in Pennsylvania come home, Pennsylvania might be in play. But I doubt it.

Ohio- Same as Pennsylvania.

Again, Trump could win the popular vote by a landslide and still lose this thing. Trump might garner millions of extra unneeded votes in States where he will win huge anyway. But I don't see that happening in the States listed above.

Last edited by Originalist; 08-20-2016 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-20-2016, 02:03 PM
Registered Member

Re: Trump might win huge!!

Respect for trying to stay positive though.

This #NeverTrump'er is voting down ticket. Not voting for the GOP nominee.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

I think in all the questioning as to whether or not Trump can "win" (or any other GOP candidate for that matter), the dynamics within the states I mentioned, and how they effect the Electoral College, were overlooked.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:09 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Nevertrumpers are voting "down ticket"... exactly the reason we have a Trump phenomenon.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 08-20-2016, 05:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

So does that mean 'You're With Her?'
Old 08-20-2016, 05:50 PM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
The popular vote, that is.

I think we will see many NeverTrumpers come home in the final days. They, along with disaffected, unemployed whites might push Trump to a considerable popular vote victory of 4 to 5 points.

Even so, I see little hope Trump can win the Electoral college vote.

Virginia-She used to be a dependable red State. She voted for LBJ in 1964 and that was the last Democrat Presidential candidate she supported until 2008. She again went Democrat in 2012 and I do not see how a Republican will ever win there again. As the Federal government has grown, so has the number of Federal employees migrating to the Virginia suburbs of D.C. This class of voter loves Federal power and sees themselves as the elite of the nation. Their votes now cancel out those of true Virginians.

North Carolina-
A mass influx of liberal Yankees has turned this once conservative state into a blue state.

Florida-
Same as North Carolina.

Pennsylvania- A hub for the once reliable Democrat, blue collar working class white voters. But the Dems have made it clear they are no longer interested in this class of voter. Trump is attracting them now. If the NeverTrump Republicans in Pennsylvania come home, Pennsylvania might be in play. But I doubt it.

Ohio- Same as Pennsylvania.

Again, Trump could win the popular vote by a landslide and still lose this thing. Trump might garner millions of extra unneeded votes in States where he will win huge anyway. But I don't see that happening in the States listed above.
I currently cannot see how Trump wins the popular vote. Do you think there are enough white men to push him over the top? His base looks pretty narrow to me.
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 08-20-2016, 06:28 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
Being that his vote won't be magically marked and float into a ballot box, so to speak, it stands to reason that David isn't intimidated by the fear mongering or unfactual comments that his non-vote goes to Hillary. It simply doesn't.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:50 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Hillary has maybe 15% of the popular vote. The "polls" are fake, designed to provide cover for a rigged election. Trump draws thousands anywhere he goes, Hillary can't fill a HS stadium or a parking lot without paying people to show up.

Trump has supporters across the board except illegals and Muslims and die hard commie leftists. Oh, and nevertrump sore loser neocon faux CONservatives.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 08-20-2016, 08:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
Absolutely not.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Being that his vote won't be magically marked and float into a ballot box, so to speak, it stands to reason that David isn't intimidated by the fear mongering or unfactual comments that his non-vote goes to Hillary. It simply doesn't.