Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Playground > The Shopping Mall
Facebook

Notices

The Shopping Mall Find a great deal online? Share it here... Also the place to find links for consumer help sites, etc ...

Old 05-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Banned

Re: Holiness Swim Wear

Quote:
AQP I think the guideline for this should be the same guideline I live the rest of my life by..... 'Love God, Love Your Neighbor'. Regarding swimsuits, I still have the guideline that I wouldn't want to cause a weak brother to stumble.
Right.

Quote:
If I'm going to be around a godly man, and he's going to have to avert his eyes to keep from seeing things that make him feel uncomfortable.... then I'd feel I was dressed immodestly.
Do you go change at that point, or are you aware what "that point" is? What is it?

Quote:
I think MissB's solution of swim shorts and rash guard shirts is a great solution. I've also seen swimsuits that have pretty high necklines... coupled with swim shorts, they can be pretty modest.
agree

Quote:
I don't think the Bible declares how much skin is too much, so I think it falls under the heading of consideration for those around us. Most of us have the common sense to know when we're showing too much.
What is that though? Cleavage point? Underwear? I mean, at most beaches you can wear anything. I think it's the nipple that makes things off limits. I'm not sure it's that common. If anything is common, it's because A&F influences swimwear.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Prayerful lives are powerful

My parents live on a lake and I wear a swim suit when it is just family. If others are there, I wear shorts and a rash guard over my swim suit. Most of the time I wear shorts and a rash guard regardless because it is just more comfortable to me since I am usually jet skiing, skiing, etc.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post

What is that though? Cleavage point? Underwear? I mean, at most beaches you can wear anything. I think it's the nipple that makes things off limits. I'm not sure it's that common. If anything is common, it's because A&F influences swimwear.
I don't try to set guidelines for other people. Everyone needs to answer to God for their own conscience.

For me - no cleavage, arm openings that fit snugly, no bare backs, and shorts that are at least fingertip length. Basically, swim shorts and swim shirt.

And what's HILARIOUS is that ultra-cons will think I'm a devil for showing this much, and people who are more liberal than me will probably think - oh, fuddy duddy!
Old 05-24-2010, 07:19 PM
Banned

Sam: Some of us are ignorant. Please give chapter and verse and educate the ignorant among us as to exactly what the bible says about bifurcated garments. After the bifurcation lesson then summarize what the "jesus name apostolic preachers" say about bifurcated garments. Then: feel free to comment at will on what the bible says about adding stuff to the bible.

and Yes - my wife wears a "bourkini" on the rare occasions that she goes swimming.

wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Well, I haven't read most of the stuff in this topic.

But, just looking at the first picture shows how ungodly this is.
She plainly has on a bifurcated garment, and y'all know what the Bible says about "bifurcated" garments.

Some time back on this or the prior forum there was a picture of MOW relaxing on the beach. The picture didn't show his speedo, just his painted toenails but it did show some ladies in pretty moderate swim wear.

Since the picture may not have been seen by some of the newer folks, I'll include it below. I don't think MOW has it copyrighted so there may be no legal problem.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
Sam: Some of us are ignorant. Please give chapter and verse and educate the ignorant among us as to exactly what the bible says about bifurcated garments. After the bifurcation lesson then summarize what the "jesus name apostolic preachers" say about bifurcated garments. Then: feel free to comment at will on what the bible says about adding stuff to the bible.

and Yes - my wife wears a "bourkini" on the rare occasions that she goes swimming.

wii
Sam was joking.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AQuietPlace* View Post
I don't try to set guidelines for other people. Everyone needs to answer to God for their own conscience.

For me - no cleavage, arm openings that fit snugly, no bare backs, and shorts that are at least fingertip length. Basically, swim shorts and swim shirt.

And what's HILARIOUS is that ultra-cons will think I'm a devil for showing this much, and people who are more liberal than me will probably think - oh, fuddy duddy!
I wasn't trying to see if you would set guidelines for others, I was asking the group to see the logic in how they drew up their own.

What you described is classy IMO.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
I was asking the group to see the logic in how they drew up their own.
I'm not sure what you mean.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean.
In other words, what you just did. You explained how much is too much to you. I wanted to hear someone's own logic, not necessarily trying to apply a general rule for all. Your response did just that.

People were saying general things like "not too much" but not really saying what exactly what too much.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Banned

i know he was. <grins> who knows the question gets answered?

Quote:
Sam was joking.