Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Missions Area
Facebook

Notices

Missions Area Reports and photos from Missionaries

Old 08-10-2008, 05:57 PM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Re: Look For Me In the City DUMP

Sister Cupples and everyone...

I so much covet your prayers. I have a great of confidence in the power and the undergirding strength in the prayers of the saints.

There is very little literacy in Honduras which is the second poorest country in the Western Hemispehre. This is so remarkable since public school education is free for all children to attend. But why is there so much illiteracy?

While the education is free, pencils and tablets are not. In this nation where the average household income is less that $1200. PER YEAR, the average child cannot afford the pencil, the tablet, a ruler or a protractor and such mundane things so necessary to facilitate an education. Therefore, they cannot afford to get an education.

I INTEND TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT! My God, what the power of a coveted pencil or a treasured tablet can do to transform a child and give him/her a futurre. Some of you might would like to be a partner with me in making a difference in the lives of these little darlings who, without you and I have no hope.

Just stop and think about it. Then pray, maybe the Lord will lay it on someone's heart to partner with me in helping a child get an education.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apprehended View Post
Sister Cupples and everyone...

I so much covet your prayers. I have a great of confidence in the power and the undergirding strength in the prayers of the saints.

There is very little literacy in Honduras which is the second poorest country in the Western Hemispehre. This is so remarkable since public school education is free for all children to attend. But why is there so much illiteracy?

While the education is free, pencils and tablets are not. In this nation where the average household income is less that $1200. PER YEAR, the average child cannot afford the pencil, the tablet, a ruler or a protractor and such mundane things so necessary to facilitate an education. Therefore, they cannot afford to get an education.

I INTEND TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT! My God, what the power of a coveted pencil or a treasured tablet can do to transform a child and give him/her a futurre. Some of you might would like to be a partner with me in making a difference in the lives of these little darlings who, without you and I have no hope.

Just stop and think about it. Then pray, maybe the Lord will lay it on someone's heart to partner with me in helping a child get an education.
Are you taking supplies with you or buying them after you arrive?
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Then pray, maybe the Lord will lay it on someone's heart to partner with me in helping a child get an education.
I will pray for God to bless your efforts and to multiply the fruit of your efforts.

Last year, I cancelled my child sponsorship through Children's Int'l because I stopped trusting their organization. Is there a way for a person to "sponsor" or "partner with" you that is verifiable?

What church are you out of? Do they have 501(c)(3) status? Feel free to PM me.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:04 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Quote:
If you come looking for me, you will not find me in my comfortable home in Rockland, here on the ranch. I will not be here to tend to the cattle, the horse, the 35 chickens or the 8 guineas. You will find me in the dump ministering to the needs of Jesus, my savior who has identified himself with these little children in the dump. You will find me in Tegusigalpa Honduras city dump doing what I can for them.

Tegucigalpa's city dump is an enormous land fill that covers acres of mountainous land about six kilometers outside the city limits. Trash trucks and other vehicles arrive in a steady stream from sunrise to after sunset, bringing the city's daily refuse to the ever growing mountain of trash.

But a mound of trash is not the only thing that is constantly growing at the city dump. Daily, more people call the dump home...1,200 people at last count. These are the poorest of the poor, those who can't even scrape up enough capital to sell candy or clothing in the cities bustling outdoor market. The dump is poverty's last stop, it shows human misery in its starkest form. The people fight with the buzzards to locate the "best" trash. Such a thing would be hard to believe, except for the pictures that don't lie.

The children of the dump work as hard as the adults do. They have two main goals each day. The first is to fill large trash bags with as much plastic or paper as they can. Then, near to the end of the day, men drive into the dump with pick-up trucks and buy the bags full of recyclable material. The middle men usually pay fifty Honduran centavos per pound, or about three U.S. cents. The kids can make a dollar on a good day. Their second goal? To find their breakfast, lunch and dinner among the trash.

I will spend the month of September in Copan Honduras in language school. I will need this to be able to minister the true bread that came down from heaven that gives life to the whole world. You will find me feeding the hungry, cheering the sad, ministering to the children and tell people of God's wonderful love and the only plan of salvation of Him is mighty to save.

It is my desire to eventually erect an orphanage where I can house, feed, educate, clothe and prepare children for this life and the life to come too. It is an ambitious dream, but with God, all things are possible to Him that believeth.

I covet your prayers.
Just wanted to bump this so we can all see that there are great needs in this world... much greater than our own. You are in our prayers, Brother A. Have missed you here. You are one of the best.... your compassion proves that. The hopelessness in the eyes of the little boy speaks volumes.

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:22 AM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falla39 View Post
God bless you, Bro. S. Been thinking about you a lot, knowing where
you were going there. May the Hand of Almighty God be with you as
you labor in the field of the Lord. Is Sis. S. there with you! Give her
our love!

Falla39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
Will be praying. IF you get an opportunity while there post us a report.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneasttx View Post
Praying brother that God will use you to lead more souls to Him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
I SO appreciate what you're doing there. This sort of thing is my true heartbeat and I would love to be right there with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1399 View Post
I will pray for God to bless your efforts and to multiply the fruit of your efforts.

Last year, I cancelled my child sponsorship through Children's Int'l because I stopped trusting their organization. Is there a way for a person to "sponsor" or "partner with" you that is verifiable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAccord View Post
Just wanted to bump this so we can all see that there are great needs in this world... much greater than our own. You are in our prayers, Brother A. Have missed you here. You are one of the best.... your compassion proves that. The hopelessness in the eyes of the little boy speaks volumes.

Bro. Strange,

So many people use 'retirement' as an excuse to sit back and enjoy the fruits of past labors, but I want to be like you and always have a heart of compassion and thinking of ways to meet the needs of those hurting, hungry, and without hope.

When you get there I am sure you will see more more need than you have finances to meet on your own. At that point it might be time for partners in missions. Missionaries understand more fully than others how that before someone can listen to your message, they must have their basic needs met: food, clothing, and shelter. Sis. Alvear can attest to this, I am sure.

I have obtained a financial advisor/credit counselor to help me get caught up from 9 months of unemployment, and get on a budget that will enable me to help those I have longed to help for quite some time. Right here on this forum we have two missionaries, an orphanage, and various other endeavors to meet the needs of the lost and hopeless.

Prayers and thanks are going up for all those who are working in the harvest...which is truly great. We are co-laborers together with you.

May God give you many souls for your labor, a quick mind to learn the language, and the finances to be a blessing.

Love & Prayers,
Rhoni
Old 08-11-2008, 04:30 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Thank you Tina...

Your prayers are greatly treasured. They mean an awful lot. I would be afraid to go without them.

There is such a thing as PURE religion. Since there is such a thing as PURE religion, the alternative to that is IMPURE religion.

I've been talking about that a great deal lately, as things have begun opening up to me in a new light. I have been a very religious man all of my life, but I am not sure how pure it has been all of my life. Simply because someone has the Holy Ghost does not mean that they are practioners of PURE religion. They will become that if they are truly led of the Holy Ghost, the Spirit of God. Then, as many as are led of the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. It takes the leading of the Holy Ghost to become SONS of God. I want to be led of God and be a practioner of PURE religion.

James said, "PURE religion undefiled before God is this, vist the widows and fatherless IN THEIR AFFLICTIONS and keep yourselves unspotted from the world."

Let us practice what is PURE...pure religion.
My Son actually read this verse in church yesterday, while testifying about his trip to Romania. What a wonderful mission you will be going on! Blessings to you and you will be in our prayers!

"You will be hated for my sake-Just remember that it should be for MY sake and not YOURS-
Do NOT act in such a way as to be offensive, and then blame it on me"

Love, God
Old 08-11-2008, 09:39 AM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
Are you taking supplies with you or buying them after you arrive?

No, I will not be taking supplies with me.

My first order of business will be to complete the one month long total submersion language school in which I am enrolled to begin Monday Sept. 1st in a little town named Copan Ruinas. It will not take me long to get my bearings after that.

But, from day one, I am going to be seeking to feed the hungry children and to find out how to get a pencil and a notebook to some kids so that they can go to school

The only commitment is my own and my daughter who is a school teacher who has promised to get together some supplies. Her resources is quite limited too.

But, like Dorcas, we will do what we can, even if it is so little in face of the great need. "Little is much if God is in it. Labor not for wealth or fame. There's a crown and we can win it, if we go in Jesus' name."
Old 08-11-2008, 09:44 AM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1399 View Post

Yes, I have applied for a 501c(3) for my Texas Not-For-Profit Corporation, America's Reaching Hand. I should have it in a couple of months.

I have also sponsored "Feed The Children." We still send them $25.00 per month but I recently (last month) stopped as I am putting everything that I can rake and scrape in this effort in Honduras.

Your prayers and support will be greatly appreciated and every CENT will go directly to food and supplies for the children. I pay my own airfare, lodging and food from my own (limited) resources and give to the children too.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:47 AM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
Bro. Strange,

So many people use 'retirement' as an excuse to sit back and enjoy the fruits of past labors, but I want to be like you and always have a heart of compassion and thinking of ways to meet the needs of those hurting, hungry, and without hope.

When you get there I am sure you will see more more need than you have finances to meet on your own. At that point it might be time for partners in missions. Missionaries understand more fully than others how that before someone can listen to your message, they must have their basic needs met: food, clothing, and shelter. Sis. Alvear can attest to this, I am sure.

I have obtained a financial advisor/credit counselor to help me get caught up from 9 months of unemployment, and get on a budget that will enable me to help those I have longed to help for quite some time. Right here on this forum we have two missionaries, an orphanage, and various other endeavors to meet the needs of the lost and hopeless.

Prayers and thanks are going up for all those who are working in the harvest...which is truly great. We are co-laborers together with you.

May God give you many souls for your labor, a quick mind to learn the language, and the finances to be a blessing.

Love & Prayers,
Rhoni
Thank you Rhoni...

August 30th, I will turn 68. That is the day that I leave. I am going to spend the sunset years of my life doing all I can do.

Thank you for your prayers and your blessings.

I pray that God will free your finances right away so that you will be better able to serve Him who died for you and gave Himself for you. I have prayed that God's best will be yours and you live to serve others.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:49 AM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro31:28 View Post
My Son actually read this verse in church yesterday, while testifying about his trip to Romania. What a wonderful mission you will be going on! Blessings to you and you will be in our prayers!
Thank you. I covet your prayers.

Let us all become PRACTIONERS of pure religion and not just hearers only.