Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station
Facebook

Notices

The Information Station A help forum with answers to frequently asked questions - includes our Forum Rules and updates or announcements from the Admin Team.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Steve Epley is my hero!

Lightbulb Do some AFF posters get preferential treatment?

I seem to recall that on NFCF several posters got a bit more room while posting before they were considered as going overboard. Is that also true of AFF? Or is every AFF poster on equal footing regarding their posting liberties?

I think this is something that everyone on AFF would eventually like to know.

This is a sincere inquiry; I'm not trying to be disrespectful.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Registered Member

It's true everywhere.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

pretty convenient timing considering that a thread just recently got closed.... imo

regardless, I think AFF gives everyone a pretty long leash before being considered for getting in trouble.... unless they clearly violate a rule like swearing, posting anti-Christian themes, spamming, etc.... we got a pretty good AFF staff that keeps the forum balanced, running smoothly, etc....

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 04-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Shakin' It Off

Rules of Conduct
This discussion board is for Apostolic Pentecostal Christians who believe that the Bible, in it's entirety, is the word of God, is without error, and that it is completely relevant today. We welcome and encourage visitors of other faiths to post and ask sincere questions in their honest search to learn more of our faith and about our wonderful Lord, Savior, and God whose name is Jesus Christ. We do not, however, give place for the tearing down, or destruction of, the christian faith in any form. The propagation of atheism is not welcome here. No tearing down of Ministers.

We do not allow any rebuking, hatefulness, name calling, or verbal attacks by any person or group of people, toward any person or group of people. Content that is unseemly, using bad language or any form of insinuating bad language (i.e. one letter and ****), name calling, or offensive slang is not permitted. Debate is encouraged, bad attitudes are not.

This administration knows that God's word allows for rebuking and correction under certain conditions, but because of the lack of understanding by some, as well as the differing views by a multitude of readers here, and for the sake of peace, we will not permit it under any circumstances.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Hello AFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
I seem to recall that on NFCF several posters got a bit more room while posting before they were considered as going overboard. Is that also true of AFF? Or is every AFF poster on equal footing regarding their posting liberties?

I think this is something that everyone on AFF would eventually like to know.

This is a sincere inquiry; I'm not trying to be disrespectful.
I have my infractions......happy now?
Old 04-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Registered Member

I don't see any preferential treatment!

I get ignored by all sides equally!
Old 04-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOPER View Post
I have my infractions......happy now?
bummmmer.... i wanted to be the one to hand out your next infraction..... that is SOOOO not fair....

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 04-02-2007, 03:07 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvaro View Post
pretty convenient timing considering that a thread just recently got closed.... imo

regardless, I think AFF gives everyone a pretty long leash before being considered for getting in trouble.... unless they clearly violate a rule like swearing, posting anti-Christian themes, spamming, etc.... we got a pretty good AFF staff that keeps the forum balanced, running smoothly, etc....
man, im not getting any special treatment because nobody told me what thread was getting hot!

shame on all yall!
Old 04-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakin' It Off View Post
Rules of Conduct
This discussion board is for Apostolic Pentecostal Christians who believe that the Bible, in it's entirety, is the word of God, is without error, and that it is completely relevant today. We welcome and encourage visitors of other faiths to post and ask sincere questions in their honest search to learn more of our faith and about our wonderful Lord, Savior, and God whose name is Jesus Christ. We do not, however, give place for the tearing down, or destruction of, the christian faith in any form. The propagation of atheism is not welcome here. No tearing down of Ministers.

We do not allow any rebuking, hatefulness, name calling, or verbal attacks by any person or group of people, toward any person or group of people. Content that is unseemly, using bad language or any form of insinuating bad language (i.e. one letter and ****), name calling, or offensive slang is not permitted. Debate is encouraged, bad attitudes are not.

This administration knows that God's word allows for rebuking and correction under certain conditions, but because of the lack of understanding by some, as well as the differing views by a multitude of readers here, and for the sake of peace, we will not permit it under any circumstances.
It's funny you should bring this up.

You want to highlight the rules for us here--but did you bother to hit the REPORT button on any post you felt was falling into this category?

I already know the answer to that.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Supreme Queen Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakin' It Off View Post
Rules of Conduct

LOOK! Another newbie as someone said!

Maybe someone else needs to come clean.