Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 04-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 1

Contradictions in the Quran
http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Contra/

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Go Dodgers!

has the Quran been changed?
http://www.muslimhope.com/ChangesInTheQuran.htm

http://www.muslimhope.com/ChangesInTheQuran.htm

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:03 PM
Go Dodgers!

archeological proof

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/199901/koran

Old 04-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Banned

If so it is a devil who regularly advises you to turn to and study your bibles (laughing)@idea of being the "debbil"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Trini View Post
Our God is greater (FAR GREATER) than his little teensy, weensy "wannabe" god. A rose by any other name is still a rose. Or in this case Beelzebub.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Banned

Prax - I will re-iterate but thank you again for making my point for me.

The words that spell out God's laws in the Quran are in your own bibles. Which, is why, earlier, even I advised you to pick up and read and know your own bibles. Following your bible as a guide to live your life certainly requires nothing else, as stated in the Quran in reference to "people of the book who follow the laws of the book" aka christians. (Careful, do not listen, these could be the words of the "devil")

From your post: These are the teachings that (I) have been taught:

Sura 29:46 "Dispute ye not with the people of the book, except in the best way, unless it be with those of them who do wrong but say, ‘We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; our God is your God is One; and it is to Him we submit (in Islam)."

"And remember Allah took a Covenant from the people of the book, to make it known and clear to mankind, and not to hide it; but they threw it away behind their backs, and purchased with it some miserable gain! And vile was the bargain they made!" in Sura 3:187.

While this Sura criticizes some who were called people of the book, it does not in any way criticize the book God gave to mankind

I do not reject your book or the requirements in your book. I do reject the parts of it that specifically result in actions and instructions that Jesus himself did not do or teach to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Old 04-24-2009, 12:12 AM
Banned

Here is your answer - I have never seen a bathroom in a Muslim country that does not have toilet paper. I have only personally visited (4) of them (Muslim countries, not bathrooms - qualified for the easily distracted). Maybe you have a vast well of personal experience to draw on that I do not have. My understanding of the basis behind your question is that culturally they wash their backsides after doing their business. Possible reasons could be that they have no problem with bathing or washing (like the truck-driving, "raghead"-screeching rednecks seem to have) or perhaps they feel cleaner after washing. I do not know. Please do not be stunned, but unlike you I have had neither time nor inclination to study in detail the personal actions of my fellows after doing their personal business. Probably my level of interest on these things in your view should be higher. We will unfortunately have a difference of opinion on this and I do not believe we will ever see eye-to-eye on priorities like these. I do not guide my life nor make decisions based on what someone else does in his or her bathroom. Thank you for the question.

I will now advise that you engage in some personal research. Try not to get beat up or arrested while doing so. Good luck. (I expect no sympathy for you even from a random jury of good ole boys). Additional advice - fully conclude your research before you start serving your sentence. Explanation, I am sure, is not needed.

OH. The apostles have aliases. Thank you for clarifying that. Your reference to Arab names is amusing but missed me entirely. Neither I nor my wife are Arab. Thanks for the laugh.

Quote:
I have yet to get an answer on any of them, or even Arab culture and "unclean" habits. I have yet to see why using toilet paper is viewed as something weird in Arab culture.
The difference in the names of the disciples, if you read all four gospels is clear, some even point out things like that. Peter was called a) Cephas; b) Peter and c) Simon. All three are true. Don't you have two
names> heck, I even see on the news once in a while a guy named Muhammed (First name) Muhammed (middle name) Muhammed (last name). Get that one. Guess you guys save a bundle on name tags. You can print up 1,000 with Muhammed, and they'll all be gone by the end of the day. Must be tough at parties, though. Where's Muhammed?......Which one?
Old 04-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Banned

Ya reckon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Steinway View Post
I think he is someone just playing the part of a Muslim! A real Muslim wouldn't waste their time here! He's someone just having fun with us!
Old 04-24-2009, 12:15 AM
Banned

I am limiting my comments ONLY to texts (gospels) that were at one time included in the original Bible.

Quote:
Really? Then how do The Gnostic Gospels, The Apocrpha and other texts (e.g. The Babylonian account of creation) still exist today? How about the laws of Hammurabi?
Chances are probably better that the false ones became absolutely worthless, kind of like the books that even a used bookstore can't get rid of for a dollar or less. Eventually, when you're freezing to death, they become "firewood."
Old 04-24-2009, 12:16 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post

I do not reject your book or the requirements in your book. I do reject the parts of it that specifically result in actions and instructions that Jesus himself did not do or teach to do.
You asserted the bible was full of contradictions, that parts were removed or changed at Nicea, but you never proved that. Yet I post a link about contradictoins in the quran and you have nothing to say?

Old 04-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Banned

I did not "assert". I specifically listed them one by one and even got started on chapter and verse. Remember the joking about your "assignment"? I listed them until I simply got tired of typing them in.

You have never denied that the Gospel of Barnabas outlining the story of Jesus (you know, Barnabas - he is mentioned <favorably> in Acts) was removed Prax. You also never denied that the penalty of posession of these writings was, at the time, death. I am (for some unknown reason lol) under the impression that it was removed. Feel free to point me to the correct path at any time. After you do, I then have some questions about some other texts. These questions can wait in the wings.

I am taking the time to review these "contradictions". I did not have the luxury of "the first (2) years of Bible college" to 'clear up' possible contradictions. I just woke up (laughing) It's morning here. Stand down soldier. Unlike some here, it takes time and work to provide answers to you. For me it is a good exercise in study anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
You asserted the bible was full of contradictions, that parts were removed or changed at Nicea, but you never proved that. Yet I post a link about contradictoins in the quran and you have nothing to say?