Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Welcome Mat
Facebook

Notices

The Welcome Mat Welcoming New Members! Are you new to AFF? Here's a forum where you can report in and introduce yourself!

Old 07-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

I May Have Joined Too Soon Here

Hi Folks,

The site was referred to by Micheal the Disciple from City Data Forum. I had joined and then read the rules, and so that is why I believe I may have joined too soon.

The topics that I have shared could be seen as divisive, but mostly, they are just ignored because usually, believers do not have an answer for the hard questions where scripture reproves that which believers had never questioned before.

Of course, there were some topics that some to a few will reply, ignoring the scriptural reproofs as if it doesn't apply. I know I cannot convince them as it is on God to cause the increase. If believers do not want to accept what scripture says in the King James Bible as lining up with the rest of scripture, then He helps me to let it go. Jesus is Lord.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.....24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

So... I am leaning on the Lord Jesus Christ to share the truth in love as it is on Him to lead those that hear to take the matter to the Lord Jesus in prayer for confirmation.

John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

May God continue to prune every one of us to bear more fruit till He brings us Home.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Cross-examine it!

Re: I May Have Joined Too Soon Here

Topics? You have 2 posts.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Registered Member

Divisive? Ha. You don't know these forums very well do you?

There are many different viewpoints here. Some are agnostic. Some burnt by hurt and emotional pain. Other's continue to have Apostolic beliefs, just do not feel bound by churchiosity, but love Jesus with all their hearts.

Join the club. You will find that many here have already faced and answered the "hard questions".
Old 07-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Forever Loved Admin

As long as you are following Jesus, and don't take things personally. You will be alright here.

And if someone breaks the rules and insults you or is rude, just report the post. The Admin team will handle it.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 07-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
As long as you are following Jesus, and don't take things personally. You will be alright here.

And if someone breaks the rules and insults you or is rude, just report the post. The Admin team will handle it.
There ya have it! Ms Cindy nailed it.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 07-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Be patient, Enow. It may take more than 3 posts from you to get us sufficiently challenged and straightened out.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 07-18-2012, 10:00 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Enow,
Welcome to AFF!

Falla39
Old 07-19-2012, 03:20 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Be patient, Enow. It may take more than 3 posts from you to get us sufficiently challenged and straightened out.

cute post
Old 07-19-2012, 04:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
Topics? You have 2 posts.
I was referring to my postings in the past in other forums, but "Which Bible To Rely On" does contain several topics within that one thread for the reasons why the KJV is the Bible to rely on for the meat of His words to discern good and evil in these latter days where faith is hard to find.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouReady? View Post
Divisive? Ha. You don't know these forums very well do you?

There are many different viewpoints here. Some are agnostic. Some burnt by hurt and emotional pain. Other's continue to have Apostolic beliefs, just do not feel bound by churchiosity, but love Jesus with all their hearts.

Join the club. You will find that many here have already faced and answered the "hard questions".
Okay.

Sometimes I wonder if asking the hard questions directly may seem like creating strife when scripture is given to edify and to reprove so as He leads me, I hope to do both so as to give precedent for the hard question.

Thanks for the welcome.