Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 12-06-2014, 02:25 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Re: Thoughts?: Islam vs. Christianity

By the way, my Grandfather was a Klansman as well.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
It's easy to come back and clarify isn't it? Maybe he can include the context from that translation.

The two lines say the same thing. Do you really believe that his translation will provide a different context than mine?
I think he was reading from the Mullah Jihadi Version

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Prax, be frank with me, have you read the Qur'an?
Old 12-06-2014, 07:12 PM
Banned

It is a perfect Book, even in translation, Mr Eastman--it is a mirror. You saw in it just exactly what your heart told you to see. I read life and acceptance in it--you apparently read death and rejection. It is what it is--which, btw, is mostly "pointless" to us, as--admit it--"Muslims" or "Islam" is just a "news" word to you; you don't know any, and virtually never interact with any Muslims. You would not even know they existed if they were not misrepresented on Fox News every night. You have been programmed, Mr. Eastman, et al. We all have, God help us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phareztamar View Post
Shazeep,
Let me go on record that I personally do not judge you. The words that my Lord has spoken...they will judge both you and I.

But I also go on record that Islam is far and away Satan's greatest achievement since my Lord's glorification. It is contrary to the Word of God. I beseech you to read His Word, for only therein are the words of eternal life.
beseech away; i know the Bible by heart. All of it. I also know most of the Qur'an, and the Tao. haven't gotten around to the Upanishads yet... mostly because somewhere along the way I recognized that all of those volumes, Scripture included, advised me that too much study was bad, and the form is unimportant. One could even say irrelevant, if the seeker does not grasp that "there was a vineyard owner who had two sons"...to state it in terms familiar to you.

Although you may not know this--until it is too late--we have been programmed to hate Muslims--just as they are being programmed to hate us--and satan would not use Islam against you if it did not suit his purpose of twisting good into bad. I guess our cops are now also on the menu...fear and hate is the agenda, if you will but buy it--i do not.

Many Muslims call me friend, and brother; and i them.

Ok and wadr, "my Lord" is an exclusive way to refer to Christ, or God, tho I'm sure you mean no offense; you might grant that it is "our Lord," if only for convention's sake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
If I sent you a friends request would you accept it? Are you allowed to befriend me?.............

I didn't think so, I doubt you have Christian friends, and if you do then you are a hypocrite. Maybe you could put those other passages in context as well?
yes, Mr Eastman, i have many Muslim brothers. In Christ. Just as you surely are not your dogma, they are not their dogma. WII is of course constrained from befriending you, as you have plainly declared yourself his--and unfortunately my--enemy. If you insist upon the letter of the Law, i can read some of the pertinent Psalms to you...but as i said, you are forgiven, as i hope to be.

Last edited by shazeep; 12-06-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:02 PM

shazeep, if you are talking to me then you should know that i have you on ignore until you can respect me enough to read my posts, you said yourself that you haven't and until you do, you will be on ignore so I will not know what you are saying until you can at least respect me enough to read me. After all, why should I acknowledge anything you write. God bless you, I really mean that.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Banned

um, that makes about as much sense as this one? either you have me on ignore, or you don't. pick one. And respect you? Surely you are kidding--you have no self respect; why should i respect you?
Quote:
Then do not expect me to afford you the same respect.
especially in light of the fact that you have called me several names, "diluted," etc. So to suggest that some respect for me--let alone yourself--might be forthcoming--um, or not, you're saying?--is kind of moot.

No, i do not respect you, and cannot listen to you. Listen to me. You are an accuser. You have condemned -2BILLION people to hell, where God, and Christ, plainly have not. I would help them track you down, frankly. Good day, hater.

Last edited by shazeep; 12-06-2014 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Is it my lie to fix??????? Really???? You are on here for what purpose then? Are you not a Muslim that would want to clarify things so that others do not make the mistake of taking your Qur'an out of context; or would you rather we believe that your faith is misguided?????? It's up to you as a Muslim to clarify; otherwise what I said maybe wasn't taken out of context for the readers to read after all. There are a lot of misguided Muslims taking what I said as a lie, don't you want to fix that?
Uh huh it is yours to fix. It is my duty to example your words against what actually is said and I did so. The Quran is pretty straightforward and it is not difficult to understand. If you do not agree with it then it is quite easy to take the parts and pieces and explain why in the context of your own beliefs.

What you did above however was a little bit misleading. I do not believe you did it deliberately or I would have systematically sliced your post to pieces. I believe you copied and pasted those phrases from somewhere else without really checking what you were doing or where they actually came from or what they actually said or what they meant. Was I wrong about that?
Old 12-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Nah he pasted it off of a "the Muslims are coming" website. Can't judge that really. I do it to y'all too.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
Uh huh it is yours to fix. It is my duty to example your words against what actually is said and I did so. The Quran is pretty straightforward and it is not difficult to understand. If you do not agree with it then it is quite easy to take the parts and pieces and explain why in the context of your own beliefs.

What you did above however was a little bit misleading. I do not believe you did it deliberately or I would have systematically sliced your post to pieces. I believe you copied and pasted those phrases from somewhere else without really checking what you were doing or where they actually came from or what they actually said or what they meant. Was I wrong about that?
Those quotes were copied and pasted.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:02 PM
Yeshua is God

[QUOTE=Walks_in_islam;1346486]The Quran is pretty straightforward and it is not difficult to understand. [QUOTE]

No its not, just a bunch of nonsense put together, just the rantings of a mad man, inspired by Satan. makes great toilet paper.