Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Sunday School > Soul Winners Haven
Facebook

Notices

Soul Winners Haven Discuss soul winning topics here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Nahum Nahum is offline
Registered User


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,102
For the past year we have been in full recovery mode. I now pastor with a new understanding. The church is growing again. Finances are better than ever.

It has been tough. Very tough.

It has also been extremely rewarding. Looking back, there are some things I would definitely do differently, but I am glad I obeyed the call of God.

There is a church in our city. A Oneness Pentecostal church.

The church is planted.

God overlooked my stupidity, had mercy on me, and blessed the work.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Darcie's Avatar
Darcie Darcie is offline
Philippians 4


 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
For the past year we have been in full recovery mode. I now pastor with a new understanding. The church is growing again. Finances are better than ever.

It has been tough. Very tough.

It has also been extremely rewarding. Looking back, there are some things I would definitely do differently, but I am glad I obeyed the call of God.

There is a church in our city. A Oneness Pentecostal church.

The church is planted.

God overlooked my stupidity, had mercy on me, and blessed the work.

PP I would love to get my husband in touch with you! He's really in need of a "mentor" (I know that word is floating around alot). But really he does! There's so much more involved. Ask my brother Dan, he knows all about it
__________________
Don' Take Your Organs to Heaven!

myspace.com/darciemarti
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Nahum Nahum is offline
Registered User


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcie View Post
PP I would love to get my husband in touch with you! He's really in need of a "mentor" (I know that word is floating around alot). But really he does! There's so much more involved. Ask my brother Dan, he knows all about it
Daniel has my number. Call anytime.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Darcie's Avatar
Darcie Darcie is offline
Philippians 4


 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Daniel has my number. Call anytime.

He'll be here Wednesday! Maybe we can call when he's here. We're excited about having him, we already told the church he'd be preaching!
__________________
Don' Take Your Organs to Heaven!

myspace.com/darciemarti
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Nahum Nahum is offline
Registered User


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,102
Darcie, don't let your highest heigths or deepest valleys define the work.

Stay steady. Be consistent. No matter how much bad news you have heard during the week, plaster a smile on your face when you are around the saints.

I am not telling you to be a hypocrite, I am telling you to be thankful in all things. Don't punish the faithful for the deeds of the unfaithful. Give them your best every service.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Darcie's Avatar
Darcie Darcie is offline
Philippians 4


 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Darcie, don't let your highest heigths or deepest valleys define the work.

Stay steady. Be consistent. No matter how much bad news you have heard during the week, plaster a smile on your face when you are around the saints.

I am not telling you to be a hypocrite, I am telling you to be thankful in all things. Don't punish the faithful for the deeds of the unfaithful. Give them your best every service.

I hear ya on that one! Yesterday we had the lowest number in months, but still by husband preached his heart out! As if there were hundreds up in there!
__________________
Don' Take Your Organs to Heaven!

myspace.com/darciemarti
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Ferd's Avatar
Ferd Ferd is offline
I remain the Petulant Chevalier


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 17,521
what a cool thread.
__________________
If I do something stupid blame the Lortab!
My Countdown Counting down to: Days left till the end of the opressive Texas Summer!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Ferd's Avatar
Ferd Ferd is offline
I remain the Petulant Chevalier


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 17,521
Darcie, is your work connected to the UPCI church in Wilmington that got a new pastor about a year ago?
__________________
If I do something stupid blame the Lortab!
My Countdown Counting down to: Days left till the end of the opressive Texas Summer!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Sweet Pea Sweet Pea is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Darcie, don't let your highest heigths or deepest valleys define the work.

Stay steady. Be consistent. No matter how much bad news you have heard during the week, plaster a smile on your face when you are around the saints.

I am not telling you to be a hypocrite, I am telling you to be thankful in all things. Don't punish the faithful for the deeds of the unfaithful. Give them your best every service.

That will preach!

Great posts, PP!!!!
__________________
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Darcie's Avatar
Darcie Darcie is offline
Philippians 4


 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Darcie, is your work connected to the UPCI church in Wilmington that got a new pastor about a year ago?
Yes! We are their Spanish daughter work.
__________________
Don' Take Your Organs to Heaven!

myspace.com/darciemarti
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Has any one started a small business; like a hot dog stand? COOPER Fellowship Hall 40 02-06-2014 06:55 AM
Ever started laughing in Church and not stop. COOPER Fellowship Hall 34 08-03-2007 03:13 PM
How Many AFF'ers Live Near My Road Trip? Digging4Truth Fellowship Hall 24 05-19-2007 05:27 PM
It Started In Greeley, CO At A Dance BoredOutOfMyMind Fellowship Hall 3 04-16-2007 06:45 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.