Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

View Poll Results: Is the serpent seed doctrine a "damnable heresy"?
Yes. It's a perverse false doctrine that should be strongly rejected. 61 78.21%
No. Its an doctrinal error, but it's pretty harmless. 10 12.82%
No. I believe the serpent seed doctrine is biblical truth. 4 5.13%
I'm not sure. 3 3.85%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
serpent seed

Old 05-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Registered Member

Re: Is The Serpent Seed Doctine A "Damnable Heresy

Nolan does not pastor.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:10 PM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
Epley, what was the result and damage you describe? how do you say that the "message" was the result of this ?

* * * BUMP FOR EPLEY * * *
Old 05-29-2008, 10:10 PM
Jesus is the Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
and who are those professing Christians? A CHURCH SYSTEM

Who is the Bride// those who have come out and followed the Word of God
To be in the bride one doesn't have to believe what Branham taught. Just watched the recorded version of 48hrs -- it was about Polygamy. THOSE PEOPLE HAVE A LOT OF RESPECT FOR THEIR PROPHET.

It is very dangerous to put so much trust in a man.
If ye believe not that I AM, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24

Mone me, amabo te, si erro

No real problem exists over the use of "The Name" in everthing else done in the Church. Why then should there exist great controversy over the use of the "The Name of the Godhead" in water baptism?
Kevin J. Conner The Name of God p. 92
Old 05-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Pot Stirrer

[QUOTE=bkstokes;476626]To be in the bride one doesn't have to believe what Branham taught. Just watched the recorded version of 48hrs -- it was about Polygamy. THOSE PEOPLE HAVE A LOT OF RESPECT FOR THEIR PROPHET.

It is very dangerous to put so much trust in a man.[/QUOTE]

Such an important thing to remember stokes!

I've seen a lot of people destroyed by leaders who feel. they put them on the throne equal to God
Old 05-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Epley, what was the result and damage you describe? how do you say that the "message" was the result of this ?
Branham's teaching on Unconditional security and Predestination freed folks to do what they wanted since they could not be lost. Homes were ruined.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
not in CA. remember?? CA. was suppose to fall in the ocean on a certain date )never did.
Abernathy's moved to the south wont say where - let Epley tell if he wants

Other notable prophecies by Branham include:

* That Los Angeles and much of California would sink beneath the sea.[56]

During a hunting expedition in February of 1964, Branham was spoken to in a "whirlwind of God", and was told that judgment would strike the West Coast of America [57]. Days later, the 1964 Good Friday, Prince William Sound, Alaska earthquake struck with a magnitude 9.2 force. The US Geological Survey lists this as the largest earthquake on record to strike the Continental United States. [1] Branham subsequently prophesied that "Los Angeles will go beneath the ocean. THUS SAITH THE LORD." [2]

Branham told one group of his followers: "People will make fun of the destruction of the earthquake that we have said would happen, ‘Thus saith the Lord,’ on the west coast of America, but I want you brothers to know this, that if you have any friends or relation in Los Angeles, if I were you, I’d get them out as quickly as possible" [58]. Some of Branham’s followers did leave California, thus ensuring their future generations would be less likely to be affected by the destruction caused by the "big one" that seismologists now say is inevitable [59].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_M._Branham
Old 05-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Branham's teaching on Unconditional security and Predestination freed folks to do what they wanted since they could not be lost. Homes were ruined.
Is there a message between the lines there? because I think I am reading it if there is....

Bro. Eply as much as Bro. Branham talked about clean living... surely anyone would know he would never condone such living..

this is no argument for us.. just a simple observation.. he preached hard against sin.... you heard his sermons
Old 05-29-2008, 10:16 PM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post

I can see that. I know Vaughn is going to get mad at me for saying this, not trying to get you upset on purpose, but the Branhamites I know came to a point that they didn't believe in going to church anymore. as long as you are of "Righteous seed" your salvation is assured no matter. as long as you " believe in the prophet" that was your ticket in.

some meet in homes, some don't go at all , some are waiting for the end of the world and live commune style
Old 05-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post

During a hunting expedition in February of 1964, Branham was spoken to in a "whirlwind of God", and was told that judgment would strike the West Coast of America [57]. Days later, the 1964 Good Friday, Prince William Sound, Alaska earthquake struck with a magnitude 9.2 force. The US Geological Survey lists this as the largest earthquake on record to strike the Continental United States. [1] Branham subsequently prophesied that "Los Angeles will go beneath the ocean. THUS SAITH THE LORD." [2]

Branham told one group of his followers: "People will make fun of the destruction of the earthquake that we have said would happen, ‘Thus saith the Lord,’ on the west coast of America, but I want you brothers to know this, that if you have any friends or relation in Los Angeles, if I were you, I’d get them out as quickly as possible" [58]. Some of Branham’s followers did leave California, thus ensuring their future generations would be less likely to be affected by the destruction caused by the "big one" that seismologists now say is inevitable [59].

After that prophecy by Branham then the minor prophets started prophecying
the destruction of California when the Abernathys left there were 6 congregations left along with saints from other churches. EVERY pastor that left went into false doctrine or immorality or both.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post

This was suppose to happen by 1977. it's now 31 years later