Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-05-2011, 12:07 PM
My Family!

Re: Dr. Gerald Jeffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostolicRob View Post
It also looks from your post that it seems that you are doing a lot of bashing about a man that you have never meet or witnessed anything from? If you are claiming that you are receiving information from a preacher as you say. What kind of man of God is that who is spreading gossip about others. If someone is making a claim that they received something in council (which you never heard) and is telling everyone then how do you know their not blaming what happen in their family on someone else. Just a word of advice I would watch what I say about God's chosen when you never personally heard that person(Dr Jeffers) say what you are claiming. You don't want to be one of those people who talk bad about the prophets cause history through out the bible tells us it never worked out for anyone who has. My advice is if you don't know first hand don't say it or lead others to believe cause you are just being a stumbling block for your brothers.
Thanks for the advice, however, I do know from first hand.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
You were the one to say something about "two or three witnesses" then Renda offered you some names and now your saying that those witnesses don't count because they're essentially biases (and not allowed to speak against the ministry anyways, thus by that logic the ministry will NEVER have any witnesses to wrong doing).

I don't have a bone in this fight and don't even know who Gerald Jeffers is but just noting the inconsistency.
There is plenty of wrong doing in the ministry we are humans. And that is going to happen but to bad mouth people on things you have not heard yourself. I never said I wouldn't except the two or three witnesses if you have them I would love to see them. But providing someones contact information is not a witness. Plus there was witness against Jesus as well so to say that people storys can be somewhat un-true does also happen
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
watch out, renda. a bear is gna eat you!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:09 PM
My Family!

Quote:
There is plenty of wrong doing in the ministry we are humans. And that is going to happen but to bad mouth people on things you have not heard yourself. I never said I wouldn't except the two or three witnesses if you have them I would love to see them. But providing someones contact information is not a witness. Plus there was witness against Jesus as well so to say that people storys can be somewhat un-true does also happen
Huh? Providing contact info of the witnesses isn't good enough?

It's okay - I understand what you are trying to say, but fact is fact and I know some facts and you don't.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Thanks for the advice, however, I do know from first hand.
Okay well Im not going to fight with anyone on this. This is Gods fight not mine we all know his word and if you want to keep bashing his anointed regardless of the mistakes you claim him to have made that up to you. He is a man of God and a Prophet so that is on your head because "life and death is in the tongue" hope you have a great day and hopefully I am not casting pearls among swine.

Bless
Old 12-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:
Okay well Im not going to fight with anyone on this. This is Gods fight not mine we all know his word and if you want to keep bashing his anointed regardless of the mistakes you claim him to have made that up to you. He is a man of God and a Prophet so that is on your head because "life and death is in the tongue" hope you have a great day and hopefully I am not casting pearls among swine.

Bless
Canned answer...typical Apostolic answer. Instead of saying, "You know...my experience is different than what I have read, but I cannot speak to what I haven't seen." That is a political answer, fine enough, but yours is a canned pentecostal answer when someone brings up a topic, issue or a verse that ya cannot explain away. I am sure Dr. Jeffers is a decent man, but decent men have done and said goofy things...like he has done.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostolicRob

Bless
So as a close personal friend, are you really in a position to be objective?

Also - and I'm not saying this about him specifically as I don't know him - the advent of internet forums and YouTube bring things to light that might otherwise go unchecked. Making comments and stating opinions based on publicly available information is not always bashing. Sometimes it's about a community of believers protecting itself.

And the "touch not mine annointed" card has been played way too many times by way too many wackos. It's like a protection clause for false teachers.

Plus - we trust Renda
Old 12-05-2011, 12:55 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientPaths View Post

Also - and I'm not saying this about him specifically as I don't know him - the advent of internet forums and YouTube bring things to light that might otherwise go unchecked. Making comments and stating opinions based on publicly available information is not always bashing. Sometimes it's about a community of believers protecting itself.

And the "touch not mine annointed" card has been played way too many times by way too many wackos. It's like a protection clause for false teachers.

Plus - we trust Renda
Thanks AP!
Old 12-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Bless
Interpretation?

Renda, you're a pig and God's gonna get ya!
Old 12-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientPaths View Post

Plus - we trust Renda
Ditto