Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-09-2020, 07:29 PM
Registered Member

Chris Reed

This great man of God has an awesome gift of the word of knowledge. People named, addresses, birthdates, etc.

I've known him for a few years now. He recently was live ministering to people who tuned in on live chat. From just seeing their names, he began revealing details to build their faith. One woman live from South Africa was on and said she was angry at God, and had much resentment. Reed ministered, and told her her son's name and before long, her broken heart and faith in God was healed. Great Jesus' name brother.

We are having him on live stream tomorrow on our church Facebook page with chat... 10:30 am central. Join us and you may be ministered to!!

https://www.facebook.com/34860230223...3612/?sfnsn=mo

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."

Last edited by mfblume; 05-09-2020 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-11-2020, 04:45 AM
Registered Member

Re: Chris Reed

I was impressed. So far.
Old 05-11-2020, 04:59 AM
New User

I missed it. Had friends over for brunch.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:13 AM
Registered Member

Those poor folks must have forgotten their names and addresses. Thank Gpd the prophet was there to remind them!
Old 05-11-2020, 05:14 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
Those poor folks must have forgotten their names and addresses. Thank Gpd the prophet was there to remind them!
I think it’s done to prove he’s a prophet?? I don’t think it’s necessary at all. When you know you know. I still would have liked to watch.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
I think it’s done to prove he’s a prophet?? I don’t think it’s necessary at all. When you know you know. I still would have liked to watch.
Yeah I get that. I agree. It isn’t necessary. Also isn’t anything new.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I am surprised this response comes on an apostolic page!

Did Jesus tell Nathanael something Nathaneal did not know?

Joh 1:47 KJV.. Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!

Joh 1:48 KJV.. Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee.

It is not to inform people of things they already know as though they forgot.

The woman at the well called Jesus a prophet for the same reason:

Joh 4:18-19 KJV.. For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly. ..(19).. The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.

The purpose of this is to open a person's heart like the woman from South Africa who had anger issues with God. Once Reed told her her son's name and then spoke of her abandonment issues, her heart softened and was healed! It gives people a sense that GOD really does know the number of hairs on their heads, and that is a healing wake up call for many people. It lets them realize how real God is. That woman was in South Africa at the time while nd Reed is in Indiana, and instantly God revealed this. She ended up sending his wife a note later and thanking God over and over again, and it led to her restoration of love for God after having been angry.

Another instance had him tell a woman about the loss of her daughter two years ago. She acknowledged it. He gave the date of the loss, and she was weeping by that time, understandably so, in both memory and appreciation that God let her know He understands her loss. And then Reed told her of the name Elizabeth Anne. and asked her if it was her other daughter or her own sister (the mother's sister). She said she had another daughter Elizabeth and her own sister was Anne. Two people. He then told her that these women were going to minister to her about her grief.

The addresses and street names are things he usually starts out with, and then from there it has awakened their sense of reality of God and his knowledge of the people. (If you had someone say that to you and you said, "So what?" it would be a miracle on its own that you thought so casually of how powerful the gist fo the Spirit really are. It impacts people to have someone be shown these things supernaturally.) Then it moves toward a word about a person's ministry or resolves a problem spiritually with deeper and more spiritual words of knowledge.

Once Jesus told the woman at the well things she already knew and things she did not need to be reminded of due to having not forgotten them, he then had broken barrier between a racist Samaritan who wondered why Jesus a Jew would talk to her, and someone who was so guilt-ridden for adultery with a husband that wa snot her own, which is why she came at the well at noon the hottest time fo the day, to avoid people. And then Jesus led her toward deeper spiritual things about living waters of the Holy Ghost and new birth. Then she went and told the countryside, which very likely was the root of the revival that occurred later when Philip went to Samaria and had a revival in Acts 8. THE HEARTS WERE READ.

This is the use and purpose of these revelations. It readies the heart in excited faith to see God work.

It always leads to something beneficial spiritually, not this mockery of telling someone of their addresses thatthey already know, as if it was misapplied good use of a gift.

Come on, guys.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 05-11-2020, 08:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Yeah I get that. I agree. It isn’t necessary. Also isn’t anything new.
It is necessary to open up hearts to the reality of God, and who said it had to be new? Jesus did it 2000 years ago. But it is HARDLY AROUND like it SHOULD BE. The gifts need to be in operation, and there's not enough of it in our churches. The gifts do not determine spirituality. The Corinthians had them all and were yet carnal. But the gifts are meant to benefit people spiritually. And we are to ...

1Co 14:1 KJV.. Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

God wants them in his church,

1Co 12:1 KJV.. Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.

1Co 12:7 KJV.. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

the fruit determine spirituality, not gifts. But Jesus went out of his way to go to Samaria and tell a woman things about her life that she already knew, to awaken her up to the fact that He was a prophet, and then to see more of Jesus than just a mere prophet!

Yes, there is a purpose and it is necessary. How can you question God who obviously did this and ask him why he gave that information of addresses and names? God is the one who gave it to Reed. Reed says that he only tells people what he gets from God. But it always leads toward something like a restoration with the woman from South Africa, or as with one woman, she was told the name of her company and was told she would act in some sort of intercessory way for that workplace.

Even a sinner knew better than mockery.

Act 5:38-39 KJV.. And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: ..(39).. But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.

Old 05-11-2020, 08:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I was impressed. So far.
I will have the full video out on youtube soon. Will give the link later.

In our service yesterday he asked about my mom. She is from a family of 19 kids. He did not know she would be on the stream watching, and she lives out of province here in Canada. I mentioned her since it was mother's day. So, he asked if I could bring up her name, as the chat stream shows who is watching and their comments. He then proceeded to tell her 11 of the 19 names of brothers and sisters, and some of their spouses. Then he proceeded to tell her that she had been used in the Spirit many years ago (RIGHT ON THE MONEY) and that this would be restored, and how religion got her ut of the Spiritual gifts in her life. Then he spoke of a spiritual revival in her entire family. He other family members whom he named, then came and watched after it was over and still online. And this is all while there is one of the brothers who is in serious health condition with cancer, and it gripped all of their hearts. In fact, HIS NAME and his wife's name were the first ones that he mentioned to my mom. And then he described the pain that he was not sure if my mom was suffering or not with. It turned out that it was this brother who is ill. It blessed the whole family n this time of hardship. I was weeping with joy.

Brother, it seems sinners get more of a blessing and reality check when they hear these things than some believers!

What a mother's day for my mom!

Old 05-11-2020, 08:40 AM
Registered Member

On another highlight, he asked about a man whose name popped up as people were chatting and praising God, and there were two people named DANIEL. One was in our church and another is from a man who follows my ministry from ND. He said it was the man who was not in our church. He named the town he just moved from, and it was a couple of months ago. He asked if he had some kind of business experience, and he should begin his own business. He said that this was exactly what he was wanting to do. So they prayed about this to come to pass and work out.

Another sister was told of a son she had and that he had been sick and the enemy tried to take him out many times. So they prayed for his health and protection. And prayed about a daughter, then named her company. I mentioned her in an earlier post, that she would be used to do some intercession for the company she worked with.

Last edited by mfblume; 05-11-2020 at 09:18 AM.