Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-10-2020, 05:53 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Christian Prophets apologize or double down

Minister Prophesies Trump Comeback, Says 'God Hates' Biden Support of Equality Act, Abortion Rights
BY BENJAMIN FEARNOW ON 11/8/20 AT 6:07 PM EST

Christian "prophets" and ministers across the U.S. are following up on their nearly unanimous prophecies proclaiming President Donald Trump would "without question" win re-election. But with Joe Biden now named President-elect, church leaders are either apologizing or doubling down and predicting a Trump comeback led by the Supreme Court and Baby Boomers.

Several evangelical and Christian church leaders, including televangelist Pat Robertson, White House spiritual adviser Paula White and First Baptist Church Pastor Robert Jeffress, all made bold predictions about a sweeping Trump victory in the presidential election. Those hopes were dashed Saturday as nearly every major news outlet declared Biden the winner, prompting a scrambled effort among many so-called "prophets" to explain their glaring error in interpreting God.

All of the self-proclaimed Christian leaders who prophesied Trump's win reiterated that their incorrect message doesn't mean they are "false prophets," urging their followers to "keep trust in the prophets."

Two Christian leaders who prophesied Trump victory on Election Day are responding in very separate ways. North Carolina-based "prophet," Jeremiah Johnson, is predicting Trump to reclaim victory as God exposes voter corruption in the coming months. He cites a vision he had from earlier this year in which Baby Boomers "lift Donald Trump up" and uphold his presidency as he'd predicted throughout 2020. Johnson wrote to his tens of thousands of followers Saturday that "God HATES" Biden's policies and Christian supporters of the Democrat should not mock his prophecy as "false" because they face punishment for "eternity."

On the other side of the country, California-based Bethel Church Pastor Kris Vallotton, apologized for "missing the prophecy" on Trump defeating Biden. The 11,000-member megachurch leader said he made a "major, major mistake" after correctly prophesying Trump would not be removed by impeachment earlier this year as well as Barack Obama's election in 2008.

According to coronavirus pandemic PPP loan records, Vallotton's Bethel Church corporation in Redding, California, received a loan of between $350,000-$1 million this year.

Distraught followers of both prophets said they felt reassured "God's Word" would come true and Trump will prevail, with dozens of top comments citing Democrat support of abortion and the conservative-leaning Supreme Court as evidence of what's to come.

"While we wait until January to determine our next US President, observe the stunning blindness and hypocrisy in the body of Christ," Johnson wrote to his tens of thousands of followers. "Christians who voted for the shedding of innocent blood, the Equality Act, and anti Israel legislation (ALL things God HATES) are now picking up stones to persecute prophets who supposedly missed it," Johnson posted Saturday.

"Either a lying spirit has filled the mouths of numerous trusted prophetic voices in America or Donald J. Trump really has won the presidency and we are witnessing a diabolical and evil plan unfold to steal the election," Johnson wrote, saying "every legitimate prophet I know" is still predicting Trump to win by January.

Vallotton, on the other end of the post-election spectrum, took the apologetic route after Biden was called the presumed winner. He told Biden directly on his KVMinistries Instagram, "you're my president," just as Trump and Obama were also his president. Vallotton explained that his correct predictions about Trump finally came to an end this week.

"I want to sincerely apologize for missing the prophecy about Donald Trump. It doesn't make me a false prophet. I prophesied he would become president four days after he declared his candidacy [in 2015]. And I prophesied Trump would not be impeached [and removed from office]. I'm very sorry to everyone who put their trust in me, there was a major, major mistake.

Vallotton went on to explain why he supported Trump in the first place, touting his ability to "actually build something" during his decades as a New York real estate businessman. Vallotton said Biden and Democratic support of abortion is also key, comparing the procedure to Nazi death camps "except for people are voluntarily bringing their children in and destroying them."

Just days before the election, '700 Club' host Pat Robertson proclaimed Trump would "without question" defeat Biden. But he added that Trump's re-election would prompt assassination attempts, world war threats and ultimately the "End Times" of the world.

Newsweek reached out to both church leaders Sunday evening for additional remarks.

https://www.newsweek.com/minister-pr...rights-1545885

Last edited by Amanah; 11-10-2020 at 05:56 AM.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:06 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Christian Prophets apologize or double down

I see Apostolics posting videos by charismatics on Facebook and I think we are in a dangerous place where we could be deceived.

2 Peter 2
King James Version
1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds
9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;
14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
16 But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.
17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:39 AM
Registered Member

Prophets apologize only when they admit their error and have the grace to be held accountable for their messages.

I have yet to meet a prophet like that.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:01 AM
Registered Member

I have been dealing with this stuff every day from charismatics that I work with. If I am going to hear a prophet, it's going to be someone preaching the Apostolic message, that I know personally. Period.

If the true Church would just get a prayer life, we wouldn't need to try to reach outside of our fellowship for a "word".

Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name...and shall deceive many.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:02 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Minister Prophesies Trump Comeback, Says 'God Hates' Biden Support of Equality Act, Abortion Rights
BY BENJAMIN FEARNOW ON 11/8/20 AT 6:07 PM EST

Christian "prophets" and ministers across the U.S. are following up on their nearly unanimous prophecies proclaiming President Donald Trump would "without question" win re-election. But with Joe Biden now named President-elect, church leaders are either apologizing or doubling down and predicting a Trump comeback led by the Supreme Court and Baby Boomers.

Several evangelical and Christian church leaders, including televangelist Pat Robertson, White House spiritual adviser Paula White and First Baptist Church Pastor Robert Jeffress, all made bold predictions about a sweeping Trump victory in the presidential election. Those hopes were dashed Saturday as nearly every major news outlet declared Biden the winner, prompting a scrambled effort among many so-called "prophets" to explain their glaring error in interpreting God.

All of the self-proclaimed Christian leaders who prophesied Trump's win reiterated that their incorrect message doesn't mean they are "false prophets," urging their followers to "keep trust in the prophets."

Two Christian leaders who prophesied Trump victory on Election Day are responding in very separate ways. North Carolina-based "prophet," Jeremiah Johnson, is predicting Trump to reclaim victory as God exposes voter corruption in the coming months. He cites a vision he had from earlier this year in which Baby Boomers "lift Donald Trump up" and uphold his presidency as he'd predicted throughout 2020. Johnson wrote to his tens of thousands of followers Saturday that "God HATES" Biden's policies and Christian supporters of the Democrat should not mock his prophecy as "false" because they face punishment for "eternity."

On the other side of the country, California-based Bethel Church Pastor Kris Vallotton, apologized for "missing the prophecy" on Trump defeating Biden. The 11,000-member megachurch leader said he made a "major, major mistake" after correctly prophesying Trump would not be removed by impeachment earlier this year as well as Barack Obama's election in 2008.

According to coronavirus pandemic PPP loan records, Vallotton's Bethel Church corporation in Redding, California, received a loan of between $350,000-$1 million this year.

Distraught followers of both prophets said they felt reassured "God's Word" would come true and Trump will prevail, with dozens of top comments citing Democrat support of abortion and the conservative-leaning Supreme Court as evidence of what's to come.

"While we wait until January to determine our next US President, observe the stunning blindness and hypocrisy in the body of Christ," Johnson wrote to his tens of thousands of followers. "Christians who voted for the shedding of innocent blood, the Equality Act, and anti Israel legislation (ALL things God HATES) are now picking up stones to persecute prophets who supposedly missed it," Johnson posted Saturday.

"Either a lying spirit has filled the mouths of numerous trusted prophetic voices in America or Donald J. Trump really has won the presidency and we are witnessing a diabolical and evil plan unfold to steal the election," Johnson wrote, saying "every legitimate prophet I know" is still predicting Trump to win by January.

Vallotton, on the other end of the post-election spectrum, took the apologetic route after Biden was called the presumed winner. He told Biden directly on his KVMinistries Instagram, "you're my president," just as Trump and Obama were also his president. Vallotton explained that his correct predictions about Trump finally came to an end this week.

"I want to sincerely apologize for missing the prophecy about Donald Trump. It doesn't make me a false prophet. I prophesied he would become president four days after he declared his candidacy [in 2015]. And I prophesied Trump would not be impeached [and removed from office]. I'm very sorry to everyone who put their trust in me, there was a major, major mistake.

Vallotton went on to explain why he supported Trump in the first place, touting his ability to "actually build something" during his decades as a New York real estate businessman. Vallotton said Biden and Democratic support of abortion is also key, comparing the procedure to Nazi death camps "except for people are voluntarily bringing their children in and destroying them."

Just days before the election, '700 Club' host Pat Robertson proclaimed Trump would "without question" defeat Biden. But he added that Trump's re-election would prompt assassination attempts, world war threats and ultimately the "End Times" of the world.

Newsweek reached out to both church leaders Sunday evening for additional remarks.

https://www.newsweek.com/minister-pr...rights-1545885
Since when does the AP name the president?

I’m not saying any of the soothsayers were right or wrong.

I’m just saying that the media is telling us that Biden won the election. The election is in question. If Trump proves fraud has been committed you will have the Donald for four more years. If he doesn’t you will have the old pedophile for four years. It’s that simple. Can anyone here explain how it went red all lower of the ticket except up? You might just see Caesar cross the Rubicon. Enter Rome with his legions. Thank you Brother Esaias.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:06 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
I have been dealing with this stuff every day from charismatics that I work with. If I am going to hear a prophet, it's going to be someone preaching the Apostolic message, that I know personally. Period.

If the true Church would just get a prayer life, we wouldn't need to try to reach outside of our fellowship for a "word".

Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name...and shall deceive many.
Bro, the Church is praying, it isn’t going outside for a “word”

When you want to know what the Church is doing, just look in the mirror.
As long as you are standing flagpole straight then that’s all that matters.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:17 AM
Registered Member

I always have a hard time believing any prophecy of that nature.

The OT prophets prophesied thing concerning Israel and other kingdoms involved: surrounding kingdoms related to Israel (positively or negatively), occupying kingdoms, kingdoms Israel trusted for defense, etc...

The NT prophets mainly prophesy things concerning the local assembly they belong to, and sometimes the church in general, but more often than not it is about local guidance.

What Trump winning or losing, or exposing the corruption of this nation has to do with the church mission or daily living? Sinners sin, and? I know some people that do believe in mixing gov't with church would disagree with me. I personally don't see any purpose for local assemblies, therefore, I doubt any prophecy of that kind would come from God.

If a prophet comes and say "difficult times are coming to our church, but fear not", or "tribulation is coming upon the land, but trust God and keep preaching", or "Judgment will come unless you repent", man that all sounds more like a good prophetic word to me.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:30 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
I always have a hard time believing any prophecy of that nature.

The OT prophets prophesied thing concerning Israel and other kingdoms involved: surrounding kingdoms related to Israel (positively or negatively), occupying kingdoms, kingdoms Israel trusted for defense, etc...

The NT prophets mainly prophesy things concerning the local assembly they belong to, and sometimes the church in general, but more often than not it is about local guidance.

What Trump winning or losing, or exposing the corruption of this nation has to do with the church mission or daily living? Sinners sin, and? I know some people that do believe in mixing gov't with church would disagree with me. I personally don't see any purpose for local assemblies, therefore, I doubt any prophecy of that kind would come from God.

If a prophet comes and say "difficult times are coming to our church, but fear not", or "tribulation is coming upon the land, but trust God and keep preaching", or "Judgment will come unless you repent", man that all sounds more like a good prophetic word to me.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:03 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Robin is back

Old 11-10-2020, 07:39 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Robin is back

Hey, Robin was in Game of Thrones!