Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Registered Member

What's the "Favor" Deal?

Recently, I have been hearing a lot of talk about "God's Favor". Is this an outgrowth of prosperity doctrine?
Old 12-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Re: What's the "Favor" Deal?

It does seem like the new buzzword doesn't it!

I certainly don't want anything other than God's favor in my life... I just pray that I have knowledge to identify and humility to accept his will and favor in all things.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 12-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Registered Member

Luke 1:28

And the angel came in to her, and said, Hail, you that are highly favored, the Lord is with you: blessed are you among women.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encryptus View Post
Luke 1:28

And the angel came in to her, and said, Hail, you that are highly favored, the Lord is with you: blessed are you among women.
Her favor with God got her pregnant at 13... I am sure that was not exactly easy to deal with.

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 12-13-2010, 09:17 PM
the ultracon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
Her favor with God got her pregnant at 13... I am sure that was not exactly easy to deal with.
You crack me up Hoovie !!
Old 12-13-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
You crack me up Hoovie !!
LOL! Well? It's true isn't it?

Old 12-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Urban Pastor

Lord have mercy! You guys are a day late and a dollar short! I have been preaching the FAVOR OF GOD for well over 10 years. Grace is the unmerited, unearned and unrepayable FAVOR of Almighty God!
I pray for a crown of FAVOR on my head and those that hear me daily!
You know guys - if you keep preaching what you have always preached - you keep getting what you always got!
Favor is not NEW!
One day of Favor, is worth a thousand years of Labor!
Old 12-13-2010, 10:36 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmidwest View Post
Recently, I have been hearing a lot of talk about "God's Favor". Is this an outgrowth of prosperity doctrine?
Favor to these folks is only granted by "Giving". it amazing how they preach Grace without works, but yet you have to give to gain prosperity. Whatever works in their 'Favor' becomes God's favor!
Old 12-14-2010, 07:30 AM
Urban Pastor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neck View Post
Favor to these folks is only granted by "Giving". it amazing how they preach Grace without works, but yet you have to give to gain prosperity. Whatever works in their 'Favor' becomes God's favor!
Excuse me but what have you been drinking?
Old 12-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Registered Member

I agree that Grace is God's favor to us. But the gist of what I was being told was that if you give into "the work of the Lord", that then God's favor rests upon you. I wouldn't have been surprised to hear this in some quarters, but these were good apostolic folks. There's even a conference coming up on it