Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-10-2010, 10:49 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Re: Neck Checking in at 170 Lbs have lost 85!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTULLOCK View Post
I have lost 70 and kept it off for three years. I would love to run and I am trying but I have some breathing issues. But I am still trying to get it done not to mention actual weight lifting too.
JT I will pray that your physical body catches up with your interests and desires. Great news on keeping the weight off for 3 years, that is my inspiration, know there is hope that I can continue to work at being more healthy.

God bless!
Old 11-11-2010, 07:52 AM
Saved & Shaved

How do you maintain, stay at a steady weight and physiche without bulking up or thinning out?
Old 11-12-2010, 05:59 AM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkley View Post
How do you maintain, stay at a steady weight and physiche without bulking up or thinning out?
It's all about balance, the exercises that I perform are running, lifting weights, jumping rope etc. The key is not to overdue any one exercise as to build or tear down that part of the body. I also actually perform 1000 crunches per day without having missed a day for 5 months.

To God be the glory!
Old 11-12-2010, 06:34 AM
Registered Member

Neck,

Can you tell us how you started? Surely you didn't run 7 miles the first day! So, how far did you run and what small changes did you make at the start? Thanks!

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 11-12-2010, 09:09 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
Neck,

Can you tell us how you started? Surely you didn't run 7 miles the first day! So, how far did you run and what small changes did you make at the start? Thanks!
When I started at 255 lbs, I dusted off the treadmill and walked at 2.5 miles an hour for 30 minutes each day. Within 3 months, I was outside in the summer air walking/jogging at 5:00am and in the evening. On the weekends I increased my time and distance, and changed my eating habits. The main thing is I was determined to lose the weight and to get into great physical shape. It takes determination and mental toughness. I have not had a soda of any kind since Feb 2010 and have not had a cup of coffee since early May 2010. The best advice I can share is start small and increase your workouts...
Old 11-14-2010, 07:01 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Still working out and enjoying life!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:05 AM
Registered Member

1000 crunches per day?!?!?!?! Oh man, I can hear my dad saying, that's overdoing it! LOL!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neck View Post
When I started at 255 lbs, I dusted off the treadmill and walked at 2.5 miles an hour for 30 minutes each day. Within 3 months, I was outside in the summer air walking/jogging at 5:00am and in the evening. On the weekends I increased my time and distance, and changed my eating habits. The main thing is I was determined to lose the weight and to get into great physical shape. It takes determination and mental toughness. I have not had a soda of any kind since Feb 2010 and have not had a cup of coffee since early May 2010. The best advice I can share is start small and increase your workouts...
Sounds great! Like I said, I have been exercising regularly now for a month and a half or so (up from exercising sporadically). I lost no weight in the first month but finally today I saw a number on the scale I have not seen in over a year (I got sick and gained about 5 pounds that I just could not get rid of)! Woohoo!! Altogether, I would love to lose about 25 pounds. I eat quite well. Of course, I could make some more improvements there, but I do well enough that I am just going to concentrate on the exercise now.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 11-15-2010, 12:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceAmazing View Post
1000 crunches per day?!?!?!?! Oh man, I can hear my dad saying, that's overdoing it! LOL!!!
What's a crunch, anyway? LOL! Sounds familiar, but I forgot.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Registered Member

A crunch is a form of the sit-up exercise you probably did in gym class! LOL

It can be done a variety of ways...the common form is lying on the floor and bend your knees as if you are going to do a normal/regular sit-up, then place your hands behind your head, keep your eyes looking at the ceiling and bring your head up just slightly off the floor and squeeze your abs in at the same time! Remember to breathe, if you do not breathe, the muscles do not receive oxygen; therefore, negating out every exercise you do!