Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

Re: President Barack Obama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post

Can you give me concrete reasons you believe Obama has great character?

CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Groucho Marx
Old 02-25-2008, 10:09 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
There is no justification or logic to it. I can only assume this young man has been sucked in by a great orator spewing empty platitudes and sloagans.
CC1, it was a close decision between staying home, and voting for McCain.

there is that voice withing the Republican party that says maybe it is better to loose this one because winning will only get us more muddy water and more liberalism in congress.

I said that Iraq is the deciding factor. that is half true. McCain will at least not put a Ginsburg on the supreme court.

Obama will do that and worse i am sure.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

I said that Iraq is the deciding factor. that is half true. McCain will at least not put a Ginsburg on the supreme court.
These are the factors for me and I think the American people have this in mind as well. We shall see.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
McCain will at least not put a Ginsburg on the supreme court.

Obama will do that and worse i am sure.
If Obama serves for 8 years, he may end up replacing 2-3 of the Supreme Court justices... who will almost certainly be liberals.

That by itself would leave its imprint on American society for another 30 years or more, easily.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:16 AM
^ = A_Post-Modern

I understand Reformed's position and hope for it deeply. But, the cynic in me reminds me that "The more things change the more the stay the same." Not a whole lot changed when Bill was prez (except we ended up with a good economy and a budget surplus) and I remember all the angst against him when he was elected and then re-elected (not including the Monica thing). Obama is getting the post-modern vote because he is novel, relative, and experiential. He's makes people FEEL something and that's all that matters in a pomo world. If it makes you feel good then it must be true. Kinda like a political feel good gospel of sorts. Even so, IF I do vote (that's a big if for this independent) I'll prob vote for Obama for the sheer reason that if anybody has a chance to get things done for poor people and disenfranchised people here and abroad it'll be him. In my view Hil and McCain have zero chance to actually get anything done either way. Both of them are too polarizing, in my opinion.
"Most human beings are not able to stand the message of the shaking of foundations. They reject and attack the prophetic minds, not because they really disagree with them, but because they sense the truth of their words and cannot receive it." Paul Tillich
Old 02-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

i believe that there are even people on this forum that cant get past the demonization of gwb, and think straight, obama is a super lib at best, he aint what a real conservative wants at all, i for one take offfense to dan making reference constantly to fascist, the true fascists in the world today are the islamo fascists which obama will at least give a pass, inho, dt
Old 02-25-2008, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
If Obama serves for 8 years, he may end up replacing 2-3 of the Supreme Court justices... who will almost certainly be liberals.

That by itself would leave its imprint on American society for another 30 years or more, easily.
very true. hopefully it will only take him 4 years for folk to figure him out.

without doubt, the next president will replace John Paul Stevens who is considered the most liberal judge on the court (and the best reason for hating Nixon I might add)

it is all together possible that both Kennedy and Ginsburg could exit.

Kennedy is a swing vote and it would be a monster blow if he were replaced by a democrat.

replacing Stevens with another like him just turns my stomach.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
You are incorrect. Read Jonah Goldberg's "Liberal Fascism". He provides great documentation.
No sir ...

The Neo-nazis are ultra-conservatives ... Nazism/Fascism has its roots in conservatism gone wild.

Anything else is revisionism.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
very true. hopefully it will only take him 4 years for folk to figure him out.

without doubt, the next president will replace John Paul Stevens who is considered the most liberal judge on the court (and the best reason for hating Nixon I might add)

it is all together possible that both Kennedy and Ginsburg could exit.

Kennedy is a swing vote and it would be a monster blow if he were replaced by a democrat.

replacing Stevens with another like him just turns my stomach.
i personally believe that this is the key point that any con should consider when falling for the rhetoric of obama, really, the courts are the key to what is goin to shape this country in the next few years, dt
Old 02-25-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_PoMo View Post
I understand Reformed's position and hope for it deeply. But, the cynic in me reminds me that "The more things change the more the stay the same." Not a whole lot changed when Bill was prez (except we ended up with a good economy and a budget surplus) and I remember all the angst against him when he was elected and then re-elected (not including the Monica thing). Obama is getting the post-modern vote because he is novel, relative, and experiential. He's makes people FEEL something and that's all that matters in a pomo world. If it makes you feel good then it must be true. Kinda like a political feel good gospel of sorts. Even so, IF I do vote (that's a big if for this independent) I'll prob vote for Obama for the sheer reason that if anybody has a chance to get things done for poor people and disenfranchised people here and abroad it'll be him. In my view Hil and McCain have zero chance to actually get anything done either way. Both of them are too polarizing, in my opinion.

Remember that Bill governed from the center and was a member of a moderate Democrat organization.

Barak is a self proffessed liberal.

these are vastly different things.

Also, after 2 years of Bill we elected a strong conservitive House and Senate. that in itself prevented the country from lurching to the left.

I expect working majorities in both house and senate after this election.