Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 07-22-2015, 07:52 AM
Registered Member

Trump 2016

Since there's not a thread for his legendary campaign (which he owns)...

Trump is winning another poll, but for the wrong reason. Trump's unfavorability numbers are spiking in a few swing states (and this poll was done before his comments about McCain and POWs):

"In Colorado, 58 percent of those polled have an unfavorable view of Trump; 57 percent in Iowa and 61 percent in Virginia."

Poll

As I've stated previously, Trump is far too arrogant and too much of a jerk to be considered as a serious candidate. It was only a matter of time before people got tired of his juvenile fights.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:39 AM
Registered Member

Re: Trump 2016

A new Monmouth NH Poll today shows Trump still in double-digit lead over nearest Republican challenger. Trump is at 24%, Jeb Bush is at 12%, with others in the single digits. This poll was completed after Trump's disparaging comments about Sen McCain, showing that it hasn't hurt him as the majority of pundits thought (hoped) it would.

Poll Link (PDF)
Old 07-29-2015, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

I heard too, Trump is now leading with the Hispanics, which shows a couple of things. The Hispanics cannot be duped by the rhetoric of the liberal media hype and the Hispanics do not want the criminal element in the USA that was prevalent from whence they came.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:57 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

He may be leading the polls but that's with 16 other competitors. When the field thins, his support won't increase much because his remaining competitors' supporters will transfer to them instead of him. As it is, 75% of Republicans polled DO NOT support a Trump candidacy.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:05 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Remember Michelle Bachmann led the polls in the summer of 2011 for a while and so did Herman Caine. 16 months before an election is an eternity.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:30 AM
Registered Member

I agree, it's very early in the race. Too early to judge a frontrunner. It's fascinating to me that Trump has been able to withstand his remarks on Mexico and his remarks against McCain. I don't plan on voting for Trump unless he does the impossible and wins the nomination. But I admit, it's refreshing having a candidate who isn't worried about polls and who isn't compromised by donations from lobbyists and people like the Koch brothers. Trump doesn't need Koch money and is free from their influence, and I think that's great! I wish more candidates weren't bankrolled by special interests and lobbyists.

Conservatives warn about Trump's past liberal leanings, yet ignore the fact that the Koch's may be fiscally conservative, but socially are very liberal.

The debates will be very interesting, and could shake up the polls.

I doubt Trump will go very far into the primary. He may not even make it to the Iowa caucuses, because, IMO, he's too arrogant and brash. People expect more from a Presidential candidate than playground name calling.

I expect, as people see him in the debates, Trump's polling numbers will fall significantly and he'll withdraw from the race. He's already said he wouldn't waste money on a campaign if it appears he can't win. Thus far, he hasn't really been vetted on policy and issues. That will change with the debates, when he's forced to give details on the issues.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:27 PM
Not riding the train

I'm having lots of fun listening to him. LOL!

This is a great article. I'm not certain that he will fade. If he runs third party, then he really planned on a being a spoiler in the first place.

I watched a 1988 interview with Trump and Oprah. He had the same talking points he has today.

Quote:
How Cruz, Fiorina, and even Trump are Saving the Republican Brand

Donald Trump won't be getting my vote in the GOP presidential primary. However, contrary to popular belief, I'm grateful he's put the GOP on life support, and he isn't alone. Ted Cruz, Carly Fiorina, Ben Carson and Marco Rubio are doing what's been unseen since Ronald Reagan--speaking above the political and media elite and connecting directly to the people.

For those of you who are concerned that Trump is sucking the air out of the room, you're right! Fortunately, for us it's a lot of hot air from the left and Cruz and Fiorina are smart enough to realize it.

http://townhall.com/columnists/carlj...2031923/page/2
Old 07-31-2015, 10:36 AM
Not riding the train

LOL! Trump Game from 1988.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...s-fun-as-hell/
Old 07-31-2015, 11:14 AM
Registered Member

I remember that game!
Old 08-02-2015, 02:02 PM
Not riding the train

Lordy!! Heads will roll in the Democratic Party if this happens. LOL!