Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 08-25-2017, 01:35 PM
Banned

Re: A Monumental Problem In America:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
But the hammer and sickle is fine.
Nope. I don't agree with that either. I know y'all have been informed as to the difference between social democracy and Soviet Communism... but it doesn't stick.

Canada, United Kingdom, Brussels, Netherlands, Norway, Australia, Japan, Israel... these are social democracies. And they are quite different from the ol' hammer and sickle Soviet Union.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I thought it was a hyperbole?

Aquila? How did you then take it into a conversation and leave a confirmative?
Again, do you really believe I'd literally hang someone? Yes or no?

Let's see how out of touch with reality you really are.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Bring some rope, but pack a mighty big lunch, commie.
Social democracy isn't communism.

Most educated people understand the difference.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Aquila is what is known as a blowhard keyboard commando internet troll. He says anyone flying the stars and bars should be hung for treason. I doubt he even knows what the stars and bars is. He, like all liberals, hasn't a clue.

(for the Yankees here who may not know, this is the "Stars and Bars":

The flag everyone calls "the confederate (battle) flag" was a naval jack, adopted as the standard of the Army of Northern Virginia. But liberals can't be expected to so much as read Wikipedia, much less be coherent.)

Now, nobody should pay any attention to these communists ... except when they call for your death. ALWAYS believe a person when he expresses a desire for your death. Its the ONLY truthful thing a communist ever says.

But Aquila will never back up his words with action. He knows he can get away with keyboard commando raids against the evil hordes, because he has no risk.

But its a guarantee he wouldn't come down South (or even go to Michigan, for that matter) and run his mouth like he does online. Just his comments to the sisters here would likely get him a swift learnin out back of the woodshed.

No, Aquila wouldnt even qualify as an antifa coward. As sorry as those little vermin are, he doesn't have even that much gumption to "take it to the street" like they do.

So, the final vote? A big fat FAIL.

lol
If it came down to a civil war between the United States and the revival of the Confederacy, you and I both know you'd side with the Confederacy. You have no loyalty. You have no courage. You're already a traitor in your heart. You clearly hate America. And though you call me "commie", it's your President that is in cahoots with the Russians.

And no hurricane of personal insults thrown at me from you or anyone else will ever change that. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, is the assessment of you above correct, or is it an exaggerated and unfair misrepresentation of you? Imagine every post you make, being responded to with a tirade of personal insults on that level from people who aren't even trying to understand you and are constantly trying to misrepresent you.

You guys know I'd not really hang anyone. But you're going to beat that drum into the ground. You also know that I'm not a communist. Why do you guys keep lying before God about me? Does it make you feel better? Why do you do it?

Last edited by Aquila; 08-25-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
This gentleman starts out by saying whites and blacks were like family in America's southland. This is a true example of America's history being white washed.

The 42% tariff proposed by Lincoln...
If this is true, which I really would like to see if this can be independently verified by a reputable historian, it would just be another example of the duplicity of our government.

No one has called Lincoln a saint, but you have to admit, by the time the Civil Rights Movement became influential in America, the white supremacist mindset that dominated southern culture and some parts of the north was a result of the same mindset that justified the morality of enslaving blacks.
They won't admit it. They dream at night about the South risin' again.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
Our Founding Fathers wrestled over the institution of slavery. "Our Founders, with the exception of those from South Carolina and Georgia, exhibited considerable aversion to slavery during the era of the Articles of Confederation (1781–89) by prohibiting the importation of foreign slaves to individual states and lending their support to a proposal by Jefferson to ban slavery in the Northwest Territory.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/The...lavery-1269536

Again, at the Founding of our country, the attitude displayed towards slavery was radically different from the views of the institution that the treasonous southern rebels held.
They aren't going to see it. They love their Southern heritage, and everything it has stood for... from the beginning.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Actually Georgia unilaterally outlawed importing slaves in 1807, a full year before it was constitutionally required, the first state to do so.
The Act Prohibiting Importation of Slaves of 1807 (2 Stat. 426, enacted March 2, 1807) is a United States federal law that stated that no new slaves were permitted to be imported into the United States.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Do you really believe I'd literally "hang" someone? Yes or no?
Why don't you dig out your copy of the Constitution and show us the article or amendment banning secession?
Old 08-25-2017, 02:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
The Act Prohibiting Importation of Slaves of 1807 (2 Stat. 426, enacted March 2, 1807) is a United States federal law that stated that no new slaves were permitted to be imported into the United States.

If I got a year wrong, oh well. The fact remains, Georgia beat everybody to the punch.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Where did you grow up? What state?
In the South.

Maryland.