Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-23-2019, 08:26 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Pray for jailhouse revival

My son, through a series of "interesting" events, landed a job as a jailer at the county jail. He's been there about a month, and was recently reprimanded by the sheriff and the Lt in charge of the jail for preaching to the inmates. So he will probably be leaving that job (they gave him an ultimatum basically). Meanwhile, the prisoners have started actually settling down, treating each other with respect as well as not antagonizing the guards. They've started praying all through the cell blocks, and basically starting to have church by themselves in the jail. So it seems good seed has been sown and is starting to bear some fruit.

Please pray that the Word would have free reign in the jail, and that any who try to stop it either come under conviction and repent or be moved out of the way. And pray for the prisoners who have repeatedly said they "never heard the Gospel put to them so plainly and straightforwardly". And for my son, that God's will be done in this situation.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-23-2019, 08:35 PM
Registered Member

Re: Pray for jailhouse revival

That's an awesome testimony. I'll pray for this.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:04 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
That's an awesome testimony. I'll pray for this.
Thank you!

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-24-2019, 03:38 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Praying that God will keep the door open for your son to continue this ministry.
Old 11-24-2019, 07:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
My son, through a series of "interesting" events, landed a job as a jailer at the county jail. He's been there about a month, and was recently reprimanded by the sheriff and the Lt in charge of the jail for preaching to the inmates. So he will probably be leaving that job (they gave him an ultimatum basically). Meanwhile, the prisoners have started actually settling down, treating each other with respect as well as not antagonizing the guards. They've started praying all through the cell blocks, and basically starting to have church by themselves in the jail. So it seems good seed has been sown and is starting to bear some fruit.

Please pray that the Word would have free reign in the jail, and that any who try to stop it either come under conviction and repent or be moved out of the way. And pray for the prisoners who have repeatedly said they "never heard the Gospel put to them so plainly and straightforwardly". And for my son, that God's will be done in this situation.
I do Jail Ministry at our local County Sheriffs Dept. I believe in preaching to the inmates. Will be praying for Gods will.
Old 11-24-2019, 07:13 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Thank you all for your prayers. Will have an update this evening, Lord willing.

Old 11-24-2019, 03:21 PM
New User

Excellent report
Old 11-25-2019, 06:01 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

This Sunday, a prisoner asked the visiting preacher about something the preacher had said about something in Matthew the previous Sunday The preacher told him "That was a week ago, I don't remember anything about it." :shrug

Anyway, my son tendered his resignation since he is not allowed to talk to the inmates about God. Now they are all backtracking and he is supposed to meet with the sheriff again tomorrow. Supposedly he was "never told he couldn't preach to the inmates" although that is exactly what he was written up for (I even saw a copy of the reprimand). I think someone is suddenly worried about bad publicity or something...

Anyway, apparently the prisoners are starting to evangelise each other, it has spread to a different cell block where my son has no contact and never goes to. Interesting times.

Old 11-25-2019, 08:27 PM
New User

Amazing!
Old 11-26-2019, 06:52 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
This Sunday, a prisoner asked the visiting preacher about something the preacher had said about something in Matthew the previous Sunday The preacher told him "That was a week ago, I don't remember anything about it." :shrug

Anyway, my son tendered his resignation since he is not allowed to talk to the inmates about God. Now they are all backtracking and he is supposed to meet with the sheriff again tomorrow. Supposedly he was "never told he couldn't preach to the inmates" although that is exactly what he was written up for (I even saw a copy of the reprimand). I think someone is suddenly worried about bad publicity or something...

Anyway, apparently the prisoners are starting to evangelise each other, it has spread to a different cell block where my son has no contact and never goes to. Interesting times.

Tough gig. Very interesting and amazing report man.