Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-17-2018, 09:06 PM
Not riding the train

Re: Anthony Mangun on TBN 2/15/18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
Maybe I don't understand it completely. I did watch a video on him teaching it once.

Any scripture that shows to pray the tabernacle?
That is a legitimate question.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Any scripture that shows to pray the tabernacle?
How do you pray? Is everything you do in prayer written in scripture? Do you kneel? Do you lay down? Do you sit cross-legged and hum a mantra? Is your prayer by the Bible? Why are we so quick to nitpick everything? Oh my goodness, this church walks around a room and pauses in front of different poster boards. THAT'S NOT BIBLICAL! Gimme a break.

Is it biblical to praise and offering thanksgiving?
Pray for repentance? Die to self?
Pray for others?
Is there scripture for intercessory prayer.

That's what it is. It's simply using each article of the tabernacle as an allegory in prayer.

If you don't like it, fine, that's you. But don't try to claim it's some false doctrine or not scriptural.

Last edited by n david; 02-17-2018 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:02 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
How do you pray? Is everything you do in prayer written in scripture? Do you kneel? Do you lay down? Do you sit cross-legged and hum a mantra? Is your prayer by the Bible? Why are we so quick to nitpick everything? Oh my goodness, this church walks around a room and pauses in front of different poster boards. THAT'S NOT BIBLICAL! Gimme a break.

Is it biblical to praise and offering thanksgiving?
Pray for repentance? Die to self?
Pray for others?
Is there scripture for intercessory prayer.

That's what it is. It's simply using each article of the tabernacle as an allegory in prayer.

If you don't like it, fine, that's you. But don't try to claim it's some false doctrine or not scriptural.
Well, honestly from watching the video (first one in particular) we have a message and interpretation in tongues. Which incidentally is backed up with a warning from God. This warning is to listen to the pastor's words and follow his instructions diligently because it was backed by God. Now, if using each article of the tabernacle as an allegory in prayer, is indeed Biblical. Can we find in the New Testament anyone, apostles, Jesus, Paul teaching this specifically as Brother Mangun has done in the video? Writings of the early church writings which would explain this praying the tabernacle plan? Is it found in the Didache? As sister P.O. posted Truthseeker does have a legitimate question.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:17 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

http://www.bethelupc.org/bulletin/20...le(screen).pdf

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-18-2018, 12:25 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Based on the above PDF tract regarding using the Tabernacle as a model or outline for prayer, I would say that's all it is. Basically, using the Tabernacle as a framework to provide an outline for a prayer session. Claiming that everyone must pray that way, however, goes beyond the text. Jesus told us how to pray. The "Our Father" prayer functions perfectly as an outline or example of corporate prayer. It is specifically stated we should pray "after this manner". Thus the Our Father is specifically given as an example and outline for prayer. Beyond that, other schemes or methods or outlines may or may not be expedient or helpful, depending on the individual method, but cannot be handed down as a "must" for all people everywhere.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-18-2018, 12:30 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

What's interesting is the Tabernacle Prayer outline seems to have originated among the charismatics in the 70s?

Does anyone have information about who first came up with this idea?

Old 02-18-2018, 01:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
What's interesting is the Tabernacle Prayer outline seems to have originated among the charismatics in the 70s?

Does anyone have information about who first came up with this idea?
Frankly, I don't care where it came from if it produces positive results.

Sunday School was invented by Baptists, if I'm not mistaken. Bus ministry is not in the NT or making and selling peanut brittle, yet many have implemented these things in their congregations.

Churches hand out prayer cloths like candy, and claim it is scriptural, but the fact is, it happened once that the record shows. And Paul didn't hand them out...folks took them from his body.

I don't condemn folks who practice praying over a piece of cloth. If it's been a blessing to someone, I applaud it.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I don't contact all kinds of people that I think teach wrong doctrines. Every preacher does to some degree,
I prove all things to scripture as best as I can.
Why not? If you think an elder is in error, why not share it with him?
Old 02-18-2018, 01:07 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
Frankly, I don't care where it came from if it produces positive results.

Sunday School was invented by Baptists, if I'm not mistaken. Bus ministry is not in the NT or making and selling peanut brittle, yet many have implemented these things in their congregations.

Churches hand out prayer cloths like candy, and claim it is scriptural, but the fact is, it happened once that the record shows. And Paul didn't hand them out...folks took them from his body.

I don't condemn folks who practice praying over a piece of cloth. If it's been a blessing to someone, I applaud it.
I'm not saying Tabernacle Prayer outlines are bad, sister. I'm up and I'm bored, so thought I'd toss my 4.5˘ in (inflation, you know).

Old 02-18-2018, 01:24 AM
Registered Member

Whether you pray using the Tabernacle plan, or a prayer wheel or stations of prayer, what matters isn't how you do it, but that you pray and have communion with God. Kneel, sit, stand or lie prostrate - I'm not going to demand scripture and verse to prove it's biblical.

Just pray.