Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Miller View Post
I don't think it can really be called a split either. It is not his fault if it does. He should not be held responsible for it.
There may be a splinter...not a split!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrLA View Post
With all due respect Sam...The UPCI can not be compared to the Titanic as in a sinking ship. It will loose some constinuency, but, sink...no! I don't look at this as being dishonest at all. He is trying to raise the moral and inject some positive speaking into a very negative ebb that is flowing right now. He did as any strong leader would do, He is pulling the soldiers together and trying to get the Body to keep it's eyes on the good things and trust in God to help us through this time.

He speaks very well and with authority! I am proud of KH!
OK, maybe my choice of the Titanic analogy was not very wise.
I do not believe the UPC will fail or cease to exist.
It survived the Affirmation Statement debacle and I believe it will survive this mess also.

Nor did I intend to imply that Bro. Haney is dishonest. I just mentioned that he can use figures now because only a few (and that number can be easily counted) ministers have sent in their cards. I would imagine there will be many (I have no idea of a number, and maybe it wouldn't me considered "many" in light of total UPC numbers) who will drop out by not renewing this year. Unless they actually send in a letter stating why they are not renewing there will be no way to "count" this number, just like it was with the Affirmation Statement. Numbers can be used pretty effectively to "spin" something however you want.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 01-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
I don't think it can really be called a split either. It is not his fault if it does. He should not be held responsible for it.
I don't know if it can be called a "split."
Some will leave. We have no idea how many and I don't know how that number can really be determined.
Some will say, "Good riddance, we got rid of troublemakers and deadwood."
Some who leave will feel very smug and self righteous about it.
Some who leave will be saddened and feel that the organization has "left" them and they have no other recourse.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 01-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Registered Member

As a graduate of Christian Life College and a former member of Christian Life Center (About 12 years) I had the privilege of having Rev. Kenneth Haney as my Pastor. I always knew that one day; he would lead the UPC because of his ability to lead our church. After he was elected I made sure that I was there when he preached at General Conference for the first time as the General Superintendent. I told the person that I was sitting with that it was like being home. Bro. Haney was “preaching/pastoring” as he always did on Sunday’s at CLC but now he was “preaching/pastoring” an organization. It was a great moment. He didn’t change who he was just because he was now the GS of the UPCI. He preached like he always had. I know that before he accepted this position, he prayed for God’s will just as he prayed before any other major step in his life. Is he perfect? No, but is anyone? It’s amazing that we can make judgments about people when we don’t have all the information to make that judgment. There is one thing that I do know is that he didn’t need this position to elevate him in the organization and he didn’t need this to make a name for himself. There is something that can be said for a man of God who will stand up for what he thinks is right. I have always been thankful that church was about Jesus and not about an individual. For many years, men in the UPCI tried to get him to run for G.S. but out of respect for his dad, (Clyde Haney), he never would run against Bro. Urshan or Bro. Kilgore. He has always had a great respect for the men who went before him in leading this organization. Progress is made in our culture on a daily basis so we should be able to use all the tools available to us in helping to promote the gospel. The message doesn’t change, just the tools we use to help promote it. It’s all in the attitude, what is the real reason why people do what they do. Some minister because they are called and some minister for other reasons. We need to go back to what ministry is all about, “meeting people at the point of their need”....just my 2 cents...
Old 01-04-2008, 09:29 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

*******What A Great Leader!!!! We Are So Privileged To Have Him Lead Us. Thank God For K & J Haney!!!!!!!!******************
Old 01-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Da Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
*******What A Great Leader!!!! We Are So Privileged To Have Him Lead Us. Thank God For K & J Haney!!!!!!!!******************

amen
Old 01-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
amen
Do yall like him or not
Old 01-04-2008, 09:39 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Do yall like him or not
Like them, love them...and would punch anyone in the nose for them, he he he!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Da Evangelist

I like them and respect them. I think they are both awesome people of God.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
Like them, love them...and would punch anyone in the nose for them, he he he!!!!!!
Just make sure you do it in Jesus Name