Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 12-02-2014, 10:09 PM
BrotherEastman's Avatar
BrotherEastman BrotherEastman is offline
uncharismatic conservative maverick


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,356
Re: Thoughts?: Islam vs. Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
well, that is surely true...and, it is in the Qur'an
hmm. how do you know? do you have Scripture for this? I know finger-pointers are...
Since you are devoid of scriptural knowledge then I shall point it out for you. Read John 8:24, I didn't judge him, Jesus did. I just went by what Jesus had said. Muslims do not believe that Jesus is God so they shall DIE IN THEIR SINS. How do you like that for an answer Shazeep???? No finger pointing here.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 12-03-2014, 07:43 AM
shazeep shazeep is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: chasin Grace
Posts: 9,594
Re: Thoughts?: Islam vs. Christianity

wadr BE, you do not have a clue what most Muslims believe, or where or what hell even is, for that matter, and Christ could care less if you know the correct words to say or not, if you cannot live them, as i have witnessed the vast majority of practicing Muslims to be doing. Telling anyone they are going to hell is simply ignorant hate mongering. You have been indoctrinated, in the truest sense of the word, when you imagine that you are qualified to judge who is 'going' where. If what you have passes for Scriptural knowledge, Lord, please keep me ignorant. Got a doctorate, do ya? Well doc, i hate to break it to you, but the Qur'an agrees with your quoted verse--at least before you twisted it--however, Muslims don't go around trumpeting it, like some Pharisee, but rather mostly just quietly go around practicing it. I trust that i am as big a hypocrite as anyone, but you are way out of line here, sorry.

ps, pretty ironic, the passage you chose to quote: let's back it up a little--being as how i'm so ignorant--to get the full lesson;

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."
"Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man."
"I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me." (2 persons here, note)
"Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning." (ps, not "the Father")
"I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.
27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father." (hmm, who does this sound more like? you, or Muslims?)
"I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things."
and the passage still is not finished differentiating Father and Son; but we'll move on, to the really ironic stuff, which sadly recalls Muslims to me before Christians, God help us:
"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Now no doubt since the passage says "Jews" you figger it doesn't apply here, but i will leave that judgement to future readers.Try again, BE, or better yet, man up; no one is perfect.

yikes, this chapter is practically a Muslim manifesto lol

"They answered him, We be Abraham's seed..."
"Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin."
"Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham."
"Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me."

So, you have not even established that Jesus is God with this rather unfortunate choice of passages, much less that somehow Muslims are going to hell. Shall i quote to you from the Second Sur'ah? But no--that would be ignorant. Have a nice day.

"Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word."
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 12-03-2014, 08:10 AM
shazeep shazeep is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: chasin Grace
Posts: 9,594
Re: Thoughts?: Islam vs. Christianity

you are forgiven, BE, but you might ponder that Establishments such as those that you are now central to--which btw is demonstrably in the "decadence" stage--inevitably (as in "always," no exceptions) fall to the oppressed right after the decadence stage; and, these posts do not go away. Even if/when AFF discontinues.

and, you might at least look into the possibility that Christ has been (vastly) misrepresented to you--distorted in every way possible--so that you might (satan hopes) contend with every other believer on the planet, including many Christians.

I note that this thread began with a different premise--if an unfortunate title--and wonder if the ptb @ AFF even realize the slur to their site here.

Ludwig, sorry if these heathen chased you away, and don't blame you for running; i am not coming back either.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 12-03-2014, 09:57 AM
BrotherEastman's Avatar
BrotherEastman BrotherEastman is offline
uncharismatic conservative maverick


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,356
Re: Thoughts?: Islam vs. Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
wadr BE, you do not have a clue what most Muslims believe, or where or what hell even is, for that matter, and Christ could care less if you know the correct words to say or not, if you cannot live them, as i have witnessed the vast majority of practicing Muslims to be doing. Telling anyone they are going to hell is simply ignorant hate mongering. You have been indoctrinated, in the truest sense of the word, when you imagine that you are qualified to judge who is 'going' where. If what you have passes for Scriptural knowledge, Lord, please keep me ignorant. Got a doctorate, do ya? Well doc, i hate to break it to you, but the Qur'an agrees with your quoted verse--at least before you twisted it--however, Muslims don't go around trumpeting it, like some Pharisee, but rather mostly just quietly go around practicing it. I trust that i am as big a hypocrite as anyone, but you are way out of line here, sorry.

ps, pretty ironic, the passage you chose to quote: let's back it up a little--being as how i'm so ignorant--to get the full lesson;

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."
"Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man."
"I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me." (2 persons here, note)
"Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning." (ps, not "the Father")
"I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.
27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father." (hmm, who does this sound more like? you, or Muslims?)
"I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things."
and the passage still is not finished differentiating Father and Son; but we'll move on, to the really ironic stuff, which sadly recalls Muslims to me before Christians, God help us:
"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Now no doubt since the passage says "Jews" you figger it doesn't apply here, but i will leave that judgement to future readers.Try again, BE, or better yet, man up; no one is perfect.

yikes, this chapter is practically a Muslim manifesto lol

"They answered him, We be Abraham's seed..."
"Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin."
"Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham."
"Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me."

So, you have not even established that Jesus is God with this rather unfortunate choice of passages, much less that somehow Muslims are going to hell. Shall i quote to you from the Second Sur'ah? But no--that would be ignorant. Have a nice day.

"Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word."
Figures, I point out a scripture and you cry FOUL as if though I am the one judging. Is the word of God to harsh for you? You know as well as I that Muslims do not believe that Jesus is God nor is He the messiah.

As far as quoting Surah, I could care less since I do not consider the Quran the word of God, but the word of a foolish so called prophet. Don't get mad at me for quoting the real word of God from Christ himself. I apologize if it offends you; however, I cannot apologize for what is in the word of God.

You either believe that Jesus is God, or you don't. I can't help what John 8:24 said quoted no less than by our savior Himself. Be mad at me if you want, curse me if you want, say I am going to hell for judging if you want, but God's word will never pass away. BTW, Muslims do not believe in a trinity either.

Last edited by BrotherEastman; 12-03-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 12-03-2014, 10:14 AM
shazeep shazeep is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: chasin Grace
Posts: 9,594
Re: Thoughts?: Islam vs. Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
Figures, I point out a scripture and you cry FOUL as if though I am the one judging. Is the word of God to harsh for you? You know as well as I that Muslims do not believe that Jesus is God nor is He the messiah.

As far as quoting Surah, I could care less since I do not consider the Quran the word of God, but the word of a foolish so called prophet. Don't get mad at me for quoting the real word of God from Christ himself. I apologize if it offends you; however, I cannot apologize for what is in the word of God.

You either believe that Jesus is God, or you don't. I can't help what John 8:24 said quoted no less than by our savior Himself. Be mad at me if you want, curse me if you want, say I am going to hell for judging if you want, but God's word will never pass away. BTW, Muslims do not believe in a trinity either.
You are in fact the one judging, although i am not surprised that you could not grasp that from the passage you yourself quoted; nor that this is not really about you, your favorite subject. Is the Word of God too harsh for you? I myself understand that Christ never proclaimed that He was God, but that many certain "patriots" must desperately glom on to the Kingdom in an attempt to justify their evil actions, and so twist "I and the Father are one" to their own ends. I am not mad at you, who are in fact the one acting the complete fool. You say you cannot help what John said, when in fact you cannot even comprehend what he said. "Trinity" is a word made up by your handlers, that you just swallowed hooklinesinker.

See that
"Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word"
fits you perfectly. good day to you.

Last edited by shazeep; 12-03-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 12-03-2014, 10:15 AM
BrotherEastman's Avatar
BrotherEastman BrotherEastman is offline
uncharismatic conservative maverick


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,356
Re: Thoughts?: Islam vs. Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
you are forgiven, BE, but you might ponder that Establishments such as those that you are now central to--which btw is demonstrably in the "decadence" stage--inevitably (as in "always," no exceptions) fall to the oppressed right after the decadence stage; and, these posts do not go away. Even if/when AFF discontinues.

and, you might at least look into the possibility that Christ has been (vastly) misrepresented to you--distorted in every way possible--so that you might (satan hopes) contend with every other believer on the planet, including many Christians.

I note that this thread began with a different premise--if an unfortunate title--and wonder if the ptb @ AFF even realize the slur to their site here.

Ludwig, sorry if these heathen chased you away, and don't blame you for running; i am not coming back either.
LOL....heathen did you say? Even the Qur'an which I think you respect calls Christians and Jews INFIDELS. If you are a Christian, then I think Muslims have judged you according to the Qur'an which I think you rebuked me over. I guess it is alright for the Qur'an to judge you, but when Jesus does it, it becomes reprehensible to you?????? That to me makes absolutely no sense!!!! If you leave aff because of me, then you are easily offended. God bless you and I hope you well in Christ Jesus our Lord..............I really mean that.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 12-03-2014, 10:16 AM
BrotherEastman's Avatar
BrotherEastman BrotherEastman is offline
uncharismatic conservative maverick


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,356
Re: Thoughts?: Islam vs. Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
you are the one judging, although i am not surprised that you could not grasp that from the passage you yourself quoted. Is the Word of God too harsh for you? I myself understand that Christ never proclaimed that He was God, but that many certain "patriots" must desperately glom on to the Kingdom in an attempt to justify their evil actions, and so twist "I and the Father are one" to their own ends. I am not mad at you, who are in fact the one acting the complete fool. You say you cannot help what John said, when in fact you cannot even comprehend what he said. The last Scripture quoted in my last post fits you perfectly; but surely you are above all that good day to you.
, and good day to you as well. I thought you were leaving?
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 12-03-2014, 10:29 AM
shazeep shazeep is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: chasin Grace
Posts: 9,594
Re: Thoughts?: Islam vs. Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
LOL....heathen did you say? Even the Qur'an which I think you respect calls Christians and Jews INFIDELS.
also incorrect, gee surprise. The Qur'an calls us brethren, if we adhere to the Word; this does exclude you, however.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
If you are a Christian, then I think Muslims have judged you according to the Qur'an which I think you rebuked me over. I guess it is alright for the Qur'an to judge you, but when Jesus does it, it becomes reprehensible to you?????? That to me makes absolutely no sense!!!! If you leave aff because of me, then you are easily offended. God bless you and I hope you well in Christ Jesus our Lord..............I really mean that.
i meant i was leaving this thread, because yes i find you detestable, at least when spouting yack like this. I have already quoted your own choice of passages back at you, proclaiming that Christ Himself said that He and God do not judge--that is reserved for satan and you, his son. Your blessing is a curse, of course, and reads as such. Being as you so obviously have no idea what you mean, you might best go slink off back to that rock you live under; maybe go attend another KKK meeting--surely they are held very near you--so you can thump your chest some more. Or by all means, reply to this as well, and show us some more how irretrievably ignorant you are.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 12-03-2014, 10:29 AM
shazeep shazeep is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: chasin Grace
Posts: 9,594
Re: Thoughts?: Islam vs. Christianity

since you enjoy talking about yourself so much.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 12-03-2014, 10:34 AM
shazeep shazeep is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: chasin Grace
Posts: 9,594
Re: Thoughts?: Islam vs. Christianity

the sad part is that there is supposedly Admin here, and you should have been censored many posts back. You do not represent Christians very well with this, BE, although i don't seem to be doing much better. But at least i will not be taken by surprise at what is coming.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Islam vs. Christianity Part 1 Bruce Klein Islamic Issues and News 565 11-28-2018 03:34 AM
Islam vs. Christianity Part 4 Bruce Klein Islamic Issues and News 44 05-24-2013 07:29 AM
Islam vs. Christianity Part 3 Bruce Klein Islamic Issues and News 23 05-15-2013 07:15 PM
Islam vs. Christianity Part 2 Bruce Klein Islamic Issues and News 2 04-18-2012 09:00 AM
Christianity and Radical Islam: Aquila Political Talk 12 05-21-2010 08:57 AM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.