Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-24-2018, 04:25 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Do we have to pay tithes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I think it is becoming obvious that one cannot "rob God" by not tithing (as they did in Malachi) unless one were a farmer or Levite within ancient Israel. Which was the case in Malachi.
What is even scarier is this, Jesus said, You study the scriptures thoroughly because you think in them you possess eternal life, and it is these same scriptures that testify about Me, John 5:39.

Sadly, I can see all sides missing the truth contained in Malachi. One wants to prove tithing, the other wants to disprove tithing. While everyone passes by Christ by a 100%.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
What is even scarier is this, Jesus said, You study the scriptures thoroughly because you think in them you possess eternal life, and it is these same scriptures that testify about Me, John 5:39.

Sadly, I can see all sides missing the truth contained in Malachi. One wants to prove tithing, the other wants to disprove tithing. While everyone passes by Christ by a 100%.
I don't care one way or the other. But I give unto God because I wanna be a co laborer with Him. It's all about Him to me. He gives me all I have. I forget all about the men it goes too. I give it to Jesus He does the rest! No one would have the authority over my money, unless it was given unto them from Him!

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 04-24-2018, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:

Ouch.

That's certainly something to chew on. Thank you for reminding us to keep the main thing the main thing.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
I don't care one way or the other. But I give unto God because I wanna be a co laborer with Him. It's all about Him to me. He gives me all I have. I forget all about the men it goes too. I give it to Jesus He does the rest! No one would have the authority over my money, unless it was given unto them from Him!
That's a beautiful way of looking at it.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
The topic of tithing is like crack cocaine for you. Bro, go back and READ my post slowly. This is what is Ecclesiastical PTSD. Wether is ministerial authority, standards of separation, no tithing, or one of the hundreds of interpretations of the different forms of eschatology. It’s all buzz words, which cause the anti and pro whatever the subject to go postal.
Brother, I am responding to your interest, or your expressed interest in my opinion on the message that Brother Riggen preached. You asked, I responded.

Quote:

I'm waiting to hear your views of Elder Riggen's teaching.

Please listen to the sermon carefully and get back to us.
Do you remember posting the above? I mean, you even used the magic word (which I bolded for your convenience).

How about this, below?

Quote:

If you have the time please give us a detailed assessment of the Elder Riggen video. It would be greatly appreciated and you will be able to show us your new found posting skill set.
and then I said . . .

"I plan to do so. I don't want to make myself a liar by saying when. If I recall correctly that message is about two hours, so it will take some time. Should I make a separate thread for it? Or post it on here? I want to respect the efforts of 1ofthechosen.

What do you all think?"

Then you said this, right?

Quote:
My advice would be no need for yet another thread. It was posted here, so therefore it would be easier to deal with it here. Also getting passionate, being truthfully honest doesn't disrespect anyone. If my feelings get hurt, Then I am the one who will ultimately deal with that on my own.
AAAAND . . . Then I said this.

"Just as a general comment. Someone who knows Brother Greg Riggen may be able to invite him to debate me on tithing on the debate forum here. I doubt that he would be willing to do so, but I thought it would be a good idea to offer him the opportunity. He may be willing. I shouldn't assume that he wouldn't be. I think he has been on the forum before?"

And then, you said this . . .

Quote:
He is done with this place.

But, listen to his teaching on the subject and give your honest opinion.
Brother, if I have misquoted you please be so kind to point out my error. But it appears that I have you on record four times asking for my opinion on Brother Riggens message on tithing. Allow me to remind you of the title of this thread, "Do we have to pay tithes?".

So you have very politely asked (please, It would be greatly appreciated, etc.) for my opinion, right? And then the other Evangelist Benincasa shows up! You might want to make sure your cat is not posting while you aren't looking? Because this does not sound like it is even the same person.

Quote:
You are obsessed with the word tithe.
Then you said this.

Quote:
TM?

Do you have vanity plates that say TITHE?
and this . . .

Quote:

Oh, that's because you're nick is TITHEMISTER!!!!
Brother the above is a sample, not a complete copy of you, first almost begging for my opinion, and subsequently ridiculing me for giving my opinion. One thing about you is you're never boring! I really don't know which EB is going to show up. If you look this over and read it, and if you'll be honest, you'll admit that this looks as bad as my posting used to look. On one hand you ask for my opinion, and on the other you ridicule me for giving it.

It's almost enough to make me resort to posting in lite green.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:48 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
Amen!
Old 04-24-2018, 08:31 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
One thing about you is you're never boring! I really don't know which EB is going to show up.
You just couldn't do it. But what you did do is take everything and wad it up as some sort of defense. A defense to show that you honestly answered my question. The Elder Riggen issue is old about now. Also, when you asked if he could be invited here to post among us in this horror show. I gave you my honest opinion, but I'll go further. I do believe that he would rather brush his teeth with white phosphorous, and gargle with sulphuric acid then log on and be subjected to this type of banter.

Look what 1ofthechosen has to go through?!

While you say "that's an old argument used by Tithing Pygmies."

Seriously?

Bro, this is as sorry as it goes. Yes, I asked you please go listen, bring forth your assessment. You did, that was fine, but then 100 pages later you bump into my post and do what? You didn't even understand what on earth I was saying. You were stuck in your Anti-Tithing Don Quixote mode. I was just another tithing windmill, even though I gave you my thoughts on what I believed over and over, and over again, and again. I'm like, what is up with that?

Your whole mantra is about 10 percent, when in the New Testament it's a 100%. Listen, do you remember (because you remember all my other posts when you thought they gave you leverage) do you remember when I asked you how much or how less then 10% should someone give? Hey, God ORDERED that those who preached the Gospel should make their vocation from the Gospel 1 Corinthians 9:14. Galatians 6:6 says what? Does it say give only ten percent? Does it say give the joker only ten percent? NO, it says EVERYTHING!!!! But, the Apostle made it clear that it wasn't to be asked for, begged for, or teach a 50 page Bible study for it. He said that he would rather DIE then have them all of a sudden grow a conscience and make his glorying vain. as 2 Corinthians 9:6-8 clearly spells out, the agricultural understanding of reaping and sowing, correlated to giving to the ministry. Therefore by the supporting the ministry you would be blessed, and increased. Everything is left up to the saint/student of God. They were to do it freely, never ever were they to be pushed or REMINDED to give, because if they were, it wouldn't of been REAL.

Bro, posting to you that this subject is Ecclesiastical Crack is my perception of this whole topic. Money is a real sketchy thing, and back in the time of the Agrarian Israelites and Hebralist Pharisees, their herbs, produce, and animals were their bank accounts. But in this day and hour, people get funny over money, on both sides of the pulpit. The Gospel is to be preached without charge, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't freely give from the heart. It's like this, the lender is to lend never expecting it back. The borrower is supposed to borrow but make sure he gives it back. Both sides can either do nothing, or do something.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
"in this day and hour, people get funny over money, on both sides of the pulpit. The Gospel is to be preached without charge, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't freely give from the heart. It's like this, the lender is to lend never expecting it back. The borrower is supposed to borrow but make sure he gives it back. Both sides can either do nothing, or do something."
Man well said brother! But if both sides do nothing, that fellowship is not going to last long! The house of God should be fully self sufficient. People on the outside are never expected to be part of the economy anyway. Then people wonder why they get treated like a outsider. They've shown that they weren't after the best interest of the church in the first place. Just their countenance betrays them, it gives them away. People know who's in, and who's out, it's not hard to tell. You don't even have to have the gift of discernment working, it becomes obvious!

I don't know of any church that's not going to still let them come to the church regardless, either way. I've never heard of anyone getting tossed out for not giving. But I have heard of a lot of people who didn't give, that stopped coming to church altogether! And end up like the UPC preacher of 30 years Aquila posted about. Jesus said it simple "where your heart is, your treasure will be also."

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!

Last edited by 1ofthechosen; 04-24-2018 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:08 PM
Registered Member

5% of all American Christians tithe. 5%!

Many Christians don't give a dime to church or other charities.

And yet we're told the church is greedy?
We're told the church should do more to help the poor?

There is no entity that does more good with less funding.

The greediest people I know are poor.

https://www.dallasnews.com/life/fait...mericans-tithe
Old 04-27-2018, 05:35 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Gino Jennings on tithing