Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:43 AM
Cross-examine it!

Re: Loren Yadon's: Tragedies of War????

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
And never forget the 8-track!
Um...well...8...what? I'm probably too young to know what that is.

J/K

My dad had a 70 GTO with an aftermarket 8 track, but they were already on their way out.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:31 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
Um...well...8...what? I'm probably too young to know what that is.

J/K

My dad had a 70 GTO with an aftermarket 8 track, but they were already on their way out.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:36 AM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Careful about smacking me in the head right now, I am trying to stuff it as full of useless law and maintain it until Wednesday evening. Smacking me in the head may make it all fall out.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:46 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
Careful about smacking me in the head right now, I am trying to stuff it as full of useless law and maintain it until Wednesday evening. Smacking me in the head may make it all fall out.
Or just compress it so you have more room!

Good luck Wednesday!!!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
CS .... was this at org churches?
Yes, the churches commonsense references were definitely UPC. She grew up without the standard issues.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:01 AM

Fudge addresses the LY affair in his book ... prior to addressing it .... he shares an interesting account of how Clyde Haney dealt w/ Howard Goss teaching his view of salvation at WABC ... then Fudge shares the LY affair.

Pay close attention to the footnotes also.

The LY affair:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg clc1.jpg (94.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 02-20-2009, 11:03 AM

It would be interesting to read LG Alred's letters to the 24 California ministers accusing LY of "false teaching" and calling for his resignation... I wonder if VM and NW were among them.

Segraves, in his interview w/ Fudge (footnote 186) stating that the mere fact of being a Yadon made all the difference is interesting also.

I think KH made a politically expedient decision.

The dismissal had to be difficult on LY and his wife considering they had just got a new home in the Stockton area ... during this time.

Obviously the "having an agenda" accusation (leveled on LY) is as old as dirt in our circles ... .

Props to Goss for sharing his thoughts candidly with the WABC students .... Philip Dugas among them.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
It would be interesting to read LG Alred's letters to the 24 California ministers accusing LY of "false teaching" and calling for his resignation... I wonder if VM and NW were among them.

Segraves, in his interview w/ Fudge (footnote 186) stating that the mere fact of being a Yadon made all the difference is interesting also.

The dismissal had to be difficult on LY and his wife considering they had just got a new home in the Stockton area ... during this time.

Obviously the "having an agenda" accusation (leveled on LY) is as old as dirt in our circles ... .

Props to Goss for sharing his thoughts candidly with the WABC students .... Philip Dugas among them.
If I remember correctly, KH bought their house from them to help them out because houses were not selling fast at the time.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:14 PM
ModeratelyConservativePro gresv

Quote:

You're right...KH wasn't going to do anything about LY's sermon until the political pressure mounted from the district and beyond. It was a political move fueled by what KH felt was personal affront. To me, that's not the kind of a decision process a real leader makes. I talked to KH personally about this and he got very angry and said "He shouldn't have drug my mother into it! That was his biggest mistake. He shouldn't have drug my mother into it!". The dumb thing is that LY didn't drag his mother into it, his mother did. SHE'S the one the wrote the book and published the pictures! Sigh. Whatever. I lost all respect for KH after that. He became just like all the others in my mind when he did that. He let his St. Louis ambitions lead him to throwing a good man under the bus.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocuous View Post
You're right...KH wasn't going to do anything about LY's sermon until the political pressure mounted from the district and beyond. It was a political move fueled by what KH felt was personal affront. To me, that's not the kind of a decision process a real leader makes. I talked to KH personally about this and he got very angry and said "He shouldn't have drug my mother into it! That was his biggest mistake. He shouldn't have drug my mother into it!". The dumb thing is that LY didn't drag his mother into it, his mother did. SHE'S the one the wrote the book and published the pictures! Sigh. Whatever. I lost all respect for KH after that. He became just like all the others in my mind when he did that. He let his St. Louis ambitions lead him to throwing a good man under the bus.
Sounds like the perceived personal affront also swayed this decision ....

I wonder if he still feels the same today some 15 years later.