Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Banned

Re: LS to Teach Light Doctrine @ Landmark 2011????

Liz... just hard for me to hear him anymore, knowing how deep some of his ideas are in heresy and some of the venomous comments he's made about good brothers with whom he disagrees.

Glad you guys can still enjoy all that hocus pocus...
Old 01-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Incredible India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialite View Post
Liz... just hard for me to hear him anymore, knowing how deep some of his ideas are in heresy and some of the venomous comments he's made about good brothers with whom he disagrees.

Glad you guys can still enjoy all that hocus pocus...
I really don't, I hear what you are saying.

But do I have to do the same thing, know what I mean?

Regardless if a man is wrong, I think we should be better than this- how many times do we have to talk him and what he believes?

Although I may not get the respect, do I have to be disrespectful in return and be disrespectful as well?
Old 01-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
I really don't, I hear what you are saying.

But do I have to do the same thing, know what I mean?

Regardless if a man is wrong, I think we should be better than this- how many times do we have to talk him and what he believes?

Although I may not get the respect, do I have to be disrespectful in return and be disrespectful as well?
I'm not sure of that answer. I appreciate your desire to be godly through it all.

I also reflect on Paul's zealousness for the Gospel and toward those who pervert it. He seemed ruthless at times. I don't believe Paul was defending his own pride or Apostleship, as much as the Spirit helping him defend that which is Holy.

At the same time, I think you make a good point that if we aren't in close community with LS, that are emotional investment should not be as great. At the same time, this man is nationally known, his Gospel perversion put all over the internet, his preaching to hundreds and thousands of things that are not the Gospel.

We aren't reacting in a Mt 18 way, but Im not really sure what that would accomplish, other than an afterward public rebuke of "compromisers" and "backsliders" -- which is what you and your husband is to him.

LS's heresy is public and should be criticized also publicly. He should repent, seek God's face and counsel from other brothers. His own fellowship has not called him to repentance, and that's part of the problem.

You can certainly pray for and love LS as a man who maybe has contributed to your life over the years. But in terms of his Gospel errancies, and even words against other brothers in the Body, they deserve open rebuke IMO.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Incredible India

Quote:
I'm not sure of that answer. I appreciate your desire to be godly through it all.

I also reflect on Paul's zealousness for the Gospel and toward those who pervert it. He seemed ruthless at times. I don't believe Paul was defending his own pride or Apostleship, as much as the Spirit helping him defend that which is Holy.

At the same time, I think you make a good point that if we aren't in close community with LS, that are emotional investment should not be as great. At the same time, this man is nationally known, his Gospel perversion put all over the internet, his preaching to hundreds and thousands of things that are not the Gospel.

We aren't reacting in a Mt 18 way, but Im not really sure what that would accomplish, other than an afterward public rebuke of "compromisers" and "backsliders" -- which is what you and your husband is to him.

LS's heresy is public and should be criticized also publicly. He should repent, seek God's face and counsel from other brothers. His own fellowship has not called him to repentance, and that's part of the problem.

You can certainly pray for and love LS as a man who maybe has contributed to your life over the years. But in terms of his Gospel errancies, and even words against other brothers in the Body, they deserve open rebuke IMO.
I don't know if this is right avenue which to do that on- I think it just back fires.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
I don't know if this is right avenue which to do that on- I think it just back fires.
I'm cautious about that as well and I appreciate your perspective.

I think many have found the open criticism of LS as a confirmation of what they've thought and had been going along with. Could the HS use something like this to move people along, from the voices of wolves, into the pasture of His own?

That said, I acknowledge sometimes things can go too far, become too abrasive, turn personal --- and stray from the heart desire that LS be restored, corrected and loved by Jesus.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Incredible India

Quote:
I'm cautious about that as well and I appreciate your perspective.

I think many have found the open criticism of LS as a confirmation of what they've thought and had been going along with. Could the HS use something like this to move people along, from the voices of wolves, into the pasture of His own?

That said, I acknowledge sometimes things can go too far, become too abrasive, turn personal --- and stray from the heart desire that LS be restored, corrected and loved by Jesus.
Very good!
Old 01-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Registered Member

Watching the live video stream and have been for the past half hour. The choir keeps going and going and going and going and going and going......
Old 01-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Registered Member

If I was the sound man there it would almost be impossible to not hit the red button which plays this about now. http://randyandgail.com/Music/gopack.wav
Old 01-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Registered Member

Anyone watching?
Old 01-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Registered Member

I am.