Facebook

Notices

Marriage Matters For discussion of Marital issues

Old 04-24-2019, 04:06 AM
Registered Member

Re: Adultery vs Fornication

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter83 View Post
The author of this post is very sad to say ,i am not happy for that..i have family members is this situation....But the Author of the Bible yes ,said exactly what you said:
" That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
-So the one who marrys the abandoned woman commits adultery
-The woman too commiots adultery
-And the man who abandons that woman is responsible for her adultery.
We dotn care our feelings , we care what really the Bible says.

9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
For whatever reason ( lost his legs in an accident, his hand was cut, he loosed his job, he was imprisoned, he put her away, he did , she stopped being in love,...what ever reason)

Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.
-If you find a suffering woman whom her husband abandon her for what ever reason and you marry her..you commit adultery.

(i am a man too brother. I have the same desires as you,, and I have been used to having a relationship in my life.
Believe me, I love women I always had one.is not comfortable for any man.
_

Typical response from the "never remarry" crowd. They ALWAYS try to put the focus on the one who is challenging their teaching.

And no, Jesus was not consigning those ladies to hell who were victims. Their husbands caused them to commit adultery, and are thus responsible.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
We should distinguish between "not Biblical" and "forbidden by the Bible". A union that is forbidden would seem to demand a dissolution.

On the other hand, it has long been maintained that in certain circumstances, a marriage that was forbidden is not to be dissolved. This was usually applied to situations when a Christian married a non Christian. Such a union is technically forbidden, but once consummated was generally considered a valid marriage. Or in other words, the ACT of marriage was sin, but the UNION established is a valid marriage and not to be violated. Otherwise, a married heathen who converted would be required by God to end their marriage to their heathen spouse.
It thus seems that many second marriages of divorced people would fall under the same category.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Typical response from the "never remarry" crowd. They ALWAYS try to put the focus on the one who is challenging their teaching.

And no, Jesus was not consigning those ladies to hell who were victims. Their husbands caused them to commit adultery, and are thus responsible.
Sorry. Do you really want to continue that convertation?
Out of the juging way you speak to me (hatefull and ironic) i dont care so much for that.
But did you read what i told you from the Word of God? Please take the time, put your feelings aside (or better dont express any ) and read the my answer.

Does the Word is telling you something? You did a statement "if a man abandon his wife and she marry an other is not a sin" right? Doi you see what Jesus say?
(dont answer to me in personal) just to the Word:That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery. ...and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery
THIS IS NOT ME!!!IS JESUS:Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

If she get bored?
If he looses his legs?
if he has hair loss?
if he is prisoned?
if his shoes smells?
if he is poor?
and tghen you marry her? and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery
Old 04-24-2019, 07:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Sorry. Do you really want to continue that convertation?
Out of the juging way you speak to me (hatefull and ironic) i dont care so much for that.
But did you read what i told you from the Word of God? Please take the time, put your feelings aside (or better dont express any ) and read the my answer.

Does the Word is telling you something? You did a statement "if a man abandon his wife and she marry an other is not a sin" right? Doi you see what Jesus say?
(dont answer to me in personal) just to the Word:That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery. ...and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery
THIS IS NOT ME!!!IS JESUS:Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

If she get bored?
If he looses his legs?
if he has hair loss?
if he is prisoned?
if his shoes smells?
if he is poor?
and tghen you marry her? and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery

I've probably been studying this longer than you have.

As Esaias has pointed out, "putting away" is not divorce.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I've probably been studying this longer than you have.

As Esaias has pointed out, "putting away" is not divorce.
Ιs not just for divorce.But the whole context is marriage. They asked him if they can just put her away and give her a divorce.
Divorce were permitted BY MOSES not by God! So Jesus is telling us that there is not such a thing! There is only putting away.
So If you put out your wife , you make her to commit adultery and he who marry her commits adultry too and you commit adultery if you marry another.
But if this is fornication ,you must put her away.

3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Last edited by peter83; 04-24-2019 at 08:27 AM.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
The author of this post is very sad to say ,i am not happy for that..i have family members is this situation....But the Author of the Bible yes ,said exactly what you said:
" That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
-So the one who marrys the abandoned woman commits adultery
-The woman too commiots adultery
-And the man who abandons that woman is responsible for her adultery.
We dotn care our feelings , we care what really the Bible says.

9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
For whatever reason ( lost his legs in an accident, his hand was cut, he loosed his job, he was imprisoned, he put her away, he did , she stopped being in love,...what ever reason)

Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.
-If you find a suffering woman whom her husband abandon her for what ever reason and you marry her..you commit adultery.

(i am a man too brother. I have the same desires as you,, and I have been used to having a relationship in my life.
Believe me, I love women I always had one.is not comfortable for any man._
I’d like to point out that you have repeatedly left out the phrase “saving for the cause of fornication” out of your comments. The Bible (Jesus) makes an exception, but you seem to discount that exception.

Is it because you have an agenda?
Old 04-25-2019, 12:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
I’d like to point out that you have repeatedly left out the phrase “saving for the cause of fornication” out of your comments. The Bible (Jesus) makes an exception, but you seem to discount that exception.

Is it because you have an agenda?
Yes i know . I did not left out! i jst bold what was important to answer his question. Please (if you like) check the question that i answer.
(he said that if a woman left her husband t ot if he left her because he was not "good enough" and then marry an other ia not adultery.
So i just quote and bold the verses that explain it.
(now for fornication yes is the only exception and actually i was also in this case ,when i came to God i had a girlfriend and i realize this was fornication, so i put her away)

Agenda? (if means the same as in Greek, no!My "agenda" is what Scripture teaches)

Last edited by peter83; 04-25-2019 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Ιs not just for divorce.But the whole context is marriage. They asked him if they can just put her away and give her a divorce.
Divorce were permitted BY MOSES not by God! So Jesus is telling us that there is not such a thing! There is only putting away.

This has to be the worst exegesis of scripture I’ve ever seen in my life. By your logic, John was saying that the Law really did not come from God because John 1:17 says, “For the Law was given by Moses..” BY MOSES………not God? Sorry. But the divorcement bill was just as God-breathed as every other part of the Law the Hebrews were commanded to “observe all that is written therein”, and is not the insertion of an interloper, as your flawed hermeneutics insist upon. And WHY did God allow it? Because of the hardness of the hearts of Hebrew men. And what was that hardness? It was putting away their wives over trivial matters and consigning them to a life of adultery by refusing to legally free them. Christ was not revealing that a portion of the written Law was not God-breathed.

So If you put out your wife , you make her to commit adultery and he who marry her commits adultry too and you commit adultery if you marry another.
But if this is fornication ,you must put her away.

3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Old 04-25-2019, 03:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Sorry ,do you think then that e divorced woman can marry an other man while the first is living and dont be adultery?

[B]6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder[/B].

According to Jesus if you or me (for example) marry a woman that an other man put away we are adulterous!

32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: .
and if you or me (example) put away our wife FOR ANY REASON we caused her to commit adultery! Do you understand now that , this what you told before is covered here? If i put away my wife and you marry her (according to Jesus) i caused her to commit adultery! and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery and you that marry her, commit adultery..... You dont have Moses now, you have the Holy Spirit..from the beginning was not so!!
divorcement = put her away fornication=putting away without divorcement, thats why you can marry an other. But if is your wife ....now you know!

Last edited by peter83; 04-25-2019 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Sorry ,do you think then that e divorced woman can marry an other man while the first is living and dont be adultery?

[B]6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder[/B].

According to Jesus if you or me (for example) marry a woman that an other man put away we are adulterous!

32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: .
and if you or me (example) put away our wife FOR ANY REASON we caused her to commit adultery! Do you understand now that , this what you told before is covered here? If i put away my wife and you marry her (according to Jesus) i caused her to commit adultery! and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery and you that marry her, commit adultery..... You dont have Moses now, you have the Holy Spirit..from the beginning was not so!!
divorcement = put her away fornication=putting away without divorcement, thats why you can marry an other. But if is your wife ....now you know!
My first observation is that you skirted my the point of my last post.

I'll wait and see if you will deal with it.