Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Registered Member

Re: Religious Liberty, AZ Gets it Right

I wonder if Christian caters will be required to cater heterosexual swingers' club orgies? Is that what the left would say?

I see a bloody civil war coming to the USA.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:03 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Let's hope this applies fairly to all in concern, and not just a select group.

Does this mean that a Christian business can refuse service to a homosexual couple wanting their wedding needs met?
It also means that some of the Mormon owned and ran restaurants here can choose to stop serving soda if they want. It allows from almost any relgious person or business to be biased and choose to do business based on their religious leanings.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:01 PM
On the road less traveled

The bill has been vetoed.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...s-rights-bill/
Old 02-27-2014, 01:12 AM
Registered Member

It's ironic that the NFL threatened to discriminate against AZ if AZ passed an amendment the NFL wrongly believed to be discriminatory.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:16 AM
Registered Member

I'm not upset the bill was vetoed. I am upset that it was so badly misrepresented and lied about, and not just by liberals either. A conservative station here turned into MSNBC over this bill...gave absolutely no facts about the actual bill. Fear-mongering and political correctness defeated this bill. As did strong-arming by the NFL and Apple.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:05 AM
Registered Member

I got into a mini Facebook argument about this bill so I found it and read it like 3 times. Friends of mine were stating that it targeted the LGBT community. After I posted a link to it and explained that all it did was extend the religious freedoms that churches already have to individuals and businesses and that there was no language anywhere in there that mentioned anything about the LGBT community... it got quiet. Makes me wonder if the protesters were protesting on assumptions spun up by the liberal media? Did any of the protesters actually read the bill?

Our country is on a downward spiral and it's not going to get better as we get closer to the second coming.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

I am SO GLAD this bill was vetoed!

Anyone should be able to see how quickly the "protections" afforded by those amendments could have gotten out of hand.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
‘We Don’t Want Your Kind Here’: Hollywood Gay Bar Bans Christian Lawmakers

Southern California lawmakers who support legislation to discriminate against gays and lesbians now have one less hotspot to visit in West Hollywood.

David Cooley, the founder of The Abbey Food & Bar located at 692 North Robertson Blvd., has announced the popular gay bar will add any legislator in any state who votes for “bills to allow for discrimination against LGBT people” to a “Deny Entry List.”

http://patdollard.com/2014/02/hollyw...gay-lawmakers/

If a Christian had told a gay "We Don't Want Your Kind Here!" it would be front page news.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 03-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
If a Christian had told a gay "We Don't Want Your Kind Here!" it would be front page news.
It should be.
Christians are not supposed to respond like that.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:57 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Yes, of course a business owner should have the right to refuse service to gay people

It’s not that business owners want to “refuse service” to gays simply because they’re gay; it’s that some business owners — particularly people who work in the wedding industry — don’t want to be forced to employ their talents in service of something that defies their deeply held religious convictions.

This shouldn’t be an issue, but it is, because some gays in some states have specifically and maliciously targeted religious florists, bakers, and photographers, so that they can put these innocent people in a compromising position, and then run to the media and the courts when — GASP! — Christians decide to follow the dictates of Christianity.

http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/02/...to-gay-people/

Christian bakers and wedding planners should only practice their craft for other Christians-- people who are truly Christian, and not like the ones who drink, or possibly smoke, or only show up to church services "whenever they can make it."

See the hypocrisy?