Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 09-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Registered Member

Palin Committed Adultery?

Here we go!

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/200...alleged-lover/
Old 09-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Registered Member

Re: Palin Committed Adultery?

Oh my God you are not seriously going to believe something the enquirer puts out are you?

If it is true yes it is sad... but the odds of it being true coming from this source are about nill.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Not riding the train

How dicey! I remember seeing a National Enquirer headline, while standing in the checkout line, reporting that Adam and Eve's bones had been found in Colorado! I turned to the person behind me and said, "Well, now we know the Bible is true, don't we?"

Let's look at the source of the information - Jim Burdett:

This line really got me -

He is the former BIL of Brad Hanson's wife Carolyn's brother......

Could they add "And his other brother Daryl", just for an added punch?

Jim Burdett - ex-convict - served three years for theft and filed for bankruptcy in 2001

He's so upstanding, I think I'll believe his story!!

Oh, and then the part that Brad Hanson, the alleged lover, told the Enquirer that the story IS NOT true!
Old 09-30-2008, 07:16 AM
Administrator

Wow, DM. Can't you use reputable sources? This thread isn't even worth a serious response.

What do the gossip rags have to say about Obama?

Let's see....

The Globe sez - Obama Sex Scandal Explodes (Obama wants me dead for saying we were lovers; New GAY whispers; PLUS Oprah rages, "It's a smear!")

Oh, and while we're at it...let's get the rest of the titles from the current issue of the National Enquirer:

Katie Sizzles Tom Fumes
Crazed Cougar Drew
Janet Jackson Hospitalized
'Til Death Joely Adopts
"I Made Brit Sex Tape"
Gone With the Racist
Posh Ritual of Pain

ad infinitum ad nauseum

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 09-30-2008, 07:37 AM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
Wow, DM. Can't you use reputable sources? This thread isn't even worth a serious response.

What do the gossip rags have to say about Obama?

Let's see....

The Globe sez - Obama Sex Scandal Explodes (Obama wants me dead for saying we were lovers; New GAY whispers; PLUS Oprah rages, "It's a smear!")

Oh, and while we're at it...let's get the rest of the titles from the current issue of the National Enquirer:

Katie Sizzles Tom Fumes
Crazed Cougar Drew
Janet Jackson Hospitalized
'Til Death Joely Adopts
"I Made Brit Sex Tape"
Gone With the Racist
Posh Ritual of Pain

ad infinitum ad nauseum
Not to mention the fact that there's a man who says he and Obama had sex and did drugs together in 1999. (He even posted a Youtube video of himself making those claims. )

Are we supposed to believe every crackpot who makes a scandalous claim in an election year?

I tell ya, people are just shameless nowdays. Shameless.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:49 AM
Rebel with a cause.

Boy, it would be great if every Presidential candidate had the impeccable morals and upstanding character of Bill Clinton. Those immoral Republicans are just ruining our country!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 09-30-2008, 08:10 AM
La vie est un voyage

My wife get's very upset when she sees something in the Inquirer about Sarah Palin. She takes all the rags and buries them behind everything else facing backwards..
Old 09-30-2008, 08:19 AM
Solid 3 Stepper

This is what I was talking about on another thread. With out waiting those of you supporting Republicans are defending without any knowledge what so ever, Sara Palin.

Whatever happened to fair and balanced. As all of you keep saying they are only human, they are not saints.

Could this be true?

Yes the paper that told this story is a rag and a bad rag to say the least yet most of you if not all republicans on the site believed what it wrote when it broke the story about Edwards. It wasn't such a bad rag on that occasion.

If one will step back and think about about it for a minute and ask your self why would they publish this and risk a multi million dollar lawsuit if they didn't have credible information? If this story is not true (I don't care one way or the other)Sara Palin would not have any problem winning a lawsuit with her popularity especially in Alaska.
If I was so minded to vote for the McCain / Palin ticket (and I am not). this story true or false would have no bearing, they are not in the church.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
This is what I was talking about on another thread. With out waiting those of you supporting Republicans are defending without any knowledge what so ever, Sara Palin.

Whatever happened to fair and balanced. As all of you keep saying they are only human, they are not saints.

Could this be true?

Yes the paper that told this story is a rag and a bad rag to say the least yet most of you if not all republicans on the site believed what it wrote when it broke the story about Edwards. It wasn't such a bad rag on that occasion.

If one will step back and think about about it for a minute and ask your self why would they publish this and risk a multi million dollar lawsuit if they didn't have credible information? If this story is not true (I don't care one way or the other)Sara Palin would not have any problem winning a lawsuit with her popularity especially in Alaska.
If I was so minded to vote for the McCain / Palin ticket (and I am not) this story true or false would have no bearing, they are not in the church.
Ok excuse me but how do you say that most if not all believed what it said about Edwards??? Edwards came out with his story not the enquirer... I can honestly say there isnt one person here who I have ever seen quote a single story from there other than this person who started this thread... the Edwards thread was from his own admittance... Not a tabloid... so please watch out before you go accusing! I do not nor have I ever read or believed that smut and I suggest you watch out before you go making claims you have no clue about... Sure are getting awful brave with your calling people wackos and claiming we all read trashbloids when you dont have a clue about any of us yet then you want people to say ahhhh he is a good guy... Whatever you are the WACKO and its obviously clear! Now get a life and do us a favor and go away.... PLEASE!
Old 09-30-2008, 08:45 AM
Matthew 7:6

Aren't there scriptures somewhere that speak about about talebearers, and those who traffic in gossip?

I'm T France, and I approved this message.