Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-03-2010, 06:45 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Re: Race Card Anyone

I took a long time to respond because after work I had to prepare for Hurrican Earl...

Sorry folks, we just see things and interpret facts differently...I believe due to our experiences. I don't for a second believe that we minorities that make up 25% of the pop. commit the majority of the crimes to make up 63% of the prison population. (US Census) I don't believe the US justice system prosecutes equally.

I'm not white, republican, nor conservative, so I'll disagree with the majority of the AFF posters political views.

So I've been dismantled & called a race baiter, lol!!! I've been called a lot worse...dirty Mexican, spic, lazy Mexican, wetback, lazy _____ Mexican, many times...too many to count...ur words cannot hurt me or make me see your points of view. I know racism exists in every facet of the United States population including the church. If I had a nick for every time a Christian has said a racial joke to me thinking that I would laugh with them I would be a rich man. I just walk away sad...knowing that nothing will EVER change. Racism is SO rampat it is alarming...I recall the teacher telling my brother that he HAD to take mechanics & wood shop instead of the higher classes so he could get a job more according to his kind...causing my Dad to drive up from LA demanding to see the top dog and the result was my bro graduating from Yale, Duke, and now a prof @ U of Michigan. I can recall taking a pair of shoes into a cobbler to be told that he didn't do that kind of work...only to do it for my wife 2 hours later when she took them in. I can recall the cop pulling his gun on me for no reason. I can recall all 15 minority kids of our choir having to stay in one house while all the white kids went 2 by 2 to other homes. To me, it's always about race, I've experienced bigotry to many times not to form my opinion. Do I hate? No not ever, my Christ suffered much more than I have because of my color...you will never understand where I come from, don't even try, just don't try to make me think like you...

There are as many if not more white people committing crimes...it is just easier to get locked up if you're Black or Latino...it's just the way it is.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:47 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Luv ya guys...we're just different
Old 09-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
I recall the teacher telling my brother that he HAD to take mechanics & wood shop instead of the higher classes so he could get a job more according to his kind...causing my Dad to drive up from LA demanding to see the top dog and the result was my bro graduating from Yale, Duke, and now a prof @ U of Michigan.
????
Old 09-03-2010, 06:56 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyahstarter View Post
????
What's ur question...a racist teacher/counselor knowing my brothers awesome grades, still told him that he couldn't take the college prep classes because it was easier for his kind, "Mexicans" to get jobs in those fields so he had to enroll in those mechanic/wood shop courses. My Father came up from his work in So Cal to correct the situation. Did I really need to explain this further, sorry for the confusion. Amos Alonzo Stagg High School Stockton California...I might be able to get the counsellors name if I need to...
Old 09-03-2010, 06:57 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Anyway...gotta go, Hurricane coming...peace
Old 09-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
I took a long time to respond because after work I had to prepare for Hurrican Earl...

Sorry folks, we just see things and interpret facts differently...I believe due to our experiences. I don't for a second believe that we minorities that make up 25% of the pop. commit the majority of the crimes to make up 63% of the prison population. (US Census) I don't believe the US justice system prosecutes equally.

I'm not white, republican, nor conservative, so I'll disagree with the majority of the AFF posters political views.

So I've been dismantled & called a race baiter, lol!!! I've been called a lot worse...dirty Mexican, spic, lazy Mexican, wetback, lazy _____ Mexican, many times...too many to count...ur words cannot hurt me or make me see your points of view. I know racism exists in every facet of the United States population including the church. If I had a nick for every time a Christian has said a racial joke to me thinking that I would laugh with them I would be a rich man. I just walk away sad...knowing that nothing will EVER change. Racism is SO rampat it is alarming...I recall the teacher telling my brother that he HAD to take mechanics & wood shop instead of the higher classes so he could get a job more according to his kind...causing my Dad to drive up from LA demanding to see the top dog and the result was my bro graduating from Yale, Duke, and now a prof @ U of Michigan. I can recall taking a pair of shoes into a cobbler to be told that he didn't do that kind of work...only to do it for my wife 2 hours later when she took them in. I can recall the cop pulling his gun on me for no reason. I can recall all 15 minority kids of our choir having to stay in one house while all the white kids went 2 by 2 to other homes. To me, it's always about race, I've experienced bigotry to many times not to form my opinion. Do I hate? No not ever, my Christ suffered much more than I have because of my color...you will never understand where I come from, don't even try, just don't try to make me think like you...

There are as many if not more white people committing crimes...it is just easier to get locked up if you're Black or Latino...it's just the way it is.
It is easier in most places. You are right that it seems that whites commit more crimes...Which is probably true because whites make up the majority race of this country. Almost 80%, in 2008, of this country was identified themselves as white. This figure is made up of 65.60% non-hispanic and 14.19% hispanic. So out of the majority, in 2008 that were identified with the help of the Patriot Act which allows hispanics to claim themselevs as white if the so choose that 65% of those classifying themselves as white actually were white. That means that a large majoirty of this country was/is white so it stands to reason that white can commit more crimes.

That doesn't change the biased mindset that some in this country has. Race, IMO, has little or nothing to do with someone committing a crime. The situation under which someone is raised or financial situations really dictate that. MM, I am sorry that you were called some of those names. Myself being white have ever rarely been called by a derogitory name like those. It is entirely too unfortunate that this country isn't color blind. I think that a persons psychy is the main cause for how the end up and the crimes the commit or do not commit. Race shouldn't be attributed to crimes. But it is and that is sad. I don't want my kid(s) to grow up and get used to identifying someone by their race. It is not going to happen if I can at all help it.

Here is where I got the stats...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_an..._United_States
Old 09-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Monkeyman
I recall the teacher telling my brother that he HAD to take mechanics & wood shop instead of the higher classes so he could get a job more according to his kind...causing my Dad to drive up from LA demanding to see the top dog and the result was my bro graduating from Yale, Duke, and now a prof @ U of Michigan.

The guidance counselors in my HS tried to do the same ting to my youngest sister-- encouraging her to take up hair braiding at the Charles County VO-Tech Center. She was given this advice her Junior year of HS.

She works for company that has a contract with DARPA(?) today-- some kind of Office Adminstrator. She makes whole lot more than what she would have made if she had followed the well-meaning advice of her guidance counsellors who told her to take up hair-braiding.

My sister is black. Her guidance counsellors were white, old and female.

I am not saying they advised her the way they did out of malice or hate.

At least one her counsellors was a counsellor I knew as well when I was in HS-- they did not steer me to VO-TECH at all.

It's so much more difficult to explain, to pin point and it's not necessarilly mean-spirited all the time-- but racial prejudice still permeates our society.

Racism-- institutionalized, damaging, hate-filled and fear mongering race oriented behaviors (racism as I define it) is not America's most pressing problem. Today, I am not sure it it is even in the top 10 of major issues plaguing our country as a whole-- I'd say probably not.

However, my Grandparents-- my Parents America is a much different America than today's America. For this we should all be grateful and DO MORE with the opportunities we do have instead of looking for a reason to explain away our personal failures. That'll preach for every American-- red, yellow, black and white.

Last edited by Jermyn Davidson; 09-03-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
Are you serious?

Are you really, really serious?

The examination did not find sufficient "evidence" of rape. They did find that Kobe's accuser had "male bodily secretions" from 3 different men in her "undergarments" the MORNING AFTER she was supposedly raped!

That was ALL ABOUT GETTING KOBE'S HUSH MONEY! She came to his room at what hour of the night? For what reason? PUH-LEEZE!!!

She got what she deserved and apparently alot more!

OJ did not get away with murder-- he's in jail today in part, because of the persistence of that womans family to financially bankrupt OJ and make his life miserable.

In his misery, OJ made some really desperate, and criminal decisions.
He got away with murder, he got convicted of kidnapping and robbery. And yes im serious.And ps she took no money.I believe you have your facts confused with Duke athletes vs the stripper(all white by the way) the only one that DIDNT get accused was the lone BLACK player on the team Typical , blame the victim ,"she wanted it" You should be ashamed JD. Oh and ps 2 OJ is far from broke, he has lots of money stashed in off shore accounts, by his own admission and they cant touch his NFL pension. And your right, Murder does bring misery, IF your lucky enough.

Last edited by canam; 09-03-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
Originally Posted by Monkeyman

The guidance counselors in my HS tried to do the same ting to my youngest sister-- encouraging her to take up hair braiding at the Charles County VO-Tech Center. She was given this advice her Junior year of HS.

She works for company that has a contract with DARPA(?) today-- some kind of Office Adminstrator. She makes whole lot more than what she would have made if she had followed the well-meaning advice of her guidance counsellors who told her to take up hair-braiding.

My sister is black. Her guidance counsellors were white, old and female.

I am not saying they advised her the way they did out of malice or hate.

At least one her counsellors was a counsellor I knew as well when I was in HS-- they did not steer me to VO-TECH at all.

It's so much more difficult to explain, to pin point and it's not necessarilly mean-spirited all the time-- but racial prejudice still permeates our society.

Racism-- institutionalized, damaging, hate-filled and fear mongering race oriented behaviors (racism as I define it) is not America's most pressing problem. Today, I am not sure it it is even in the top 10 of major issues plaguing our country as a whole-- I'd say probably not.

However, my Grandparents-- my Parents America is a much different America than today's America. For this we should all be grateful and DO MORE with the opportunities we do have instead of looking for a reason to explain away our personal failures. That'll preach for every American-- red, yellow, black and white.

Wait...I am a BIG Duke fan....the man is now teaching at the U of Michigan...what loser. Kidding.

If a teacher is NOT helping to cultivate kids wishes and goals then what good are they? I remember asking my father once if I could make it to the NBA. He never said no. It said it will take more work than you are putting in. He put it on me to push to make it. I never played in the NBA, but I am more successful than that. I am a father and a husband, which is more than what I had ever dreamed.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canam View Post
He got away with murder, he got convicted of kidnapping and robbery. And yes im serious.And ps she took no money.I believe you have your facts confused with Duke athletes vs the stripper(all white by the way) the only one that DIDNT get accused was the lone BLACK player on the team Typical , blame the victim ,"she wanted it" You should be ashamed JD. Oh and ps 2 OJ is far from broke, he has lots of money stashed in off shore accounts, by his own admission and they cant touch his NFL pension. And your right, Murder does bring misery, IF your lucky enough.
Maybe I should not respond to this, but...

OJ was found not guilty in a court of law. He did not get away with murder because in a court of law, he was deemed to not be a murderer. I know this won't hold water for all circumstances, but in this case, to call OJ a murderer would be an unsubstantiated accusation-- something akin to a lie.

That chick was not raped. SHE LIED! She had the bodily fluids of three men to testify to her character. The medical examiner could not find "evidence" of a rape.

I'm not ashamed-- I think it's hillarious that she was so dirty and stupid all at the same time culminating with no one with half a brain believeing her cockamainey story!

Why are you bringing up Duke? The chick lied there too. Surely you don't only believe white people have a corner on lying?

The only victims in both cases were the tax payers and those who were FALSELY accused.

Last edited by Jermyn Davidson; 09-03-2010 at 07:45 PM.