Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 03-19-2008, 02:52 PM
"Mercy Walked In"

Re: Single Apostolic Men -VS-Single Apostolic Moth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenbyone View Post
I have a cousin who was such a godly, anointed young lady and there was no doubt that God had something special for her. Well, to all of our surprise, she ended up getting pregnant when she was 16 from a boy that was several years older. She was a virgin and had never even kissed a guy before meeting this preacher's kid.

This was back in the eighties and it was very difficult for her and her family. Even though, she was shunned and her life's dreams seemed shattered, she repented and focused on college and her baby boy. She spent several years without one date even though she was a beautiful young lady. Many people in and outside of the church never let her forget her past mistakes, so meeting a guy from her area that would except her and her son looked hopeless. What kept her going was the promise she received from the Lord that one day she would marry a minister.

Sure enough, when her son was around eleven, she met and married an evangelist and today they have two children together and pastor a thriving home missions church. He had never been married or had any children and he excepted her son as his own. In fact, he became a great dad for her son and was able to help him during some rocky teenage years.

If she would have believed what people said about her she would have never seen her heart's desire come to fruition.
Awesome point made!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Honorary Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdkendall View Post
No, but I have single mothers in my sunday school class that have recently been filled with the Holy Ghost, and the question came up in class Sunday. I was looking for different points of view to tell the girls. It seems as if most of the responses are coming from people that have not been in the situation. I haven't been their either, so I can't really understand the situation.
well, I do believe it can happen.

My mother graduated from High School with honors and had my oldest sister 3 months later. She hid her pregnancy from her parents until after graduation....she was really little. She was raised in an upper middle class family where in the 40's, her siblings were college educated. My grandmother was Apostolic, but only came into the faith as an adult when her children were older. My mother never served the Lord as a teen... but was a popular student involved in honor society, cheerleading... So.. it can and does happen in the best of families.

My mother came to the Lord after my sister was born... she was musically talented and began directing choir/singing/playing piano in church.

She met and married a handsome young minister... they married I think in 1955... evangilized all over the country in the 50's and pastored for over 40 years. They went on to have 4 more children...and their youngest now pastors. I consider my pentecostal heritage a wonderful thing.

So, yep... there are men who are willing to marry women with children, even back in the 50s when things like this were almost unheard of and really shameful.

God can have wonderful plan for anyone who will devote their life to him and wait on him for the right person.

Personally however, I am the single divorced mom of three girls..raising now a 4th... and I have no intentions of marrying...or even trying to seriously date until my girls are raised. No way would I want to add a man to this mix.. lol
Old 03-20-2008, 04:42 AM
Registered Member

A very interresting thread. While most American apostolics would no longer consider me as being apostolic, that solves the biggest problem for me in that area.

But being single, I have decided not to ever have kids. I like to work with them, but I don't want any of my own. Now if God grants that if I ever marry and then have children, I will do all in my power to raise them and love them. Or if the girl I happen to be interrested in has kids, yes I am going to stop and think hard and long about it.

But the way I look at it in that case, it is a package deal, if I can't accept her kids, then I must end the relationship. I can't ask her to send the kdis somewhere else just for her to stay with me.

In the long run, I might consider a lady with children, but it would something I must consider for a good while. But if it is worth it, then yes I will do everything in my power to raise her kids as my own.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:40 AM
"Mercy Walked In"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverBlessed View Post
well, I do believe it can happen.

My mother graduated from High School with honors and had my oldest sister 3 months later. She hid her pregnancy from her parents until after graduation....she was really little. She was raised in an upper middle class family where in the 40's, her siblings were college educated. My grandmother was Apostolic, but only came into the faith as an adult when her children were older. My mother never served the Lord as a teen... but was a popular student involved in honor society, cheerleading... So.. it can and does happen in the best of families.

My mother came to the Lord after my sister was born... she was musically talented and began directing choir/singing/playing piano in church.

She met and married a handsome young minister... they married I think in 1955... evangilized all over the country in the 50's and pastored for over 40 years. They went on to have 4 more children...and their youngest now pastors. I consider my pentecostal heritage a wonderful thing.

So, yep... there are men who are willing to marry women with children, even back in the 50s when things like this were almost unheard of and really shameful.

God can have wonderful plan for anyone who will devote their life to him and wait on him for the right person.

Personally however, I am the single divorced mom of three girls..raising now a 4th... and I have no intentions of marrying...or even trying to seriously date until my girls are raised. No way would I want to add a man to this mix.. lol
What a great dad
Old 03-20-2008, 10:54 AM
My two little angels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
Ya reap what you sew. A child is a reminder of your mistakes. I bet many who 'down' a young girl for having a child out of wedlock have greater things in their closets. Thing is, we don't see a result of their sin.

Anyway, I've given this a lot of thought. Could I, would I marry a woman with child(ren)? Yeah, if I knew she was 'right' and has been 'right' for a really long time now. Also, the father would have to be gone, out of the picture completely.

Other than that...
I do NOT agree with that statement!!! Children are a WONDERFUL miracle!!! They should never be a reminder of your mistakes.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:56 AM
My two little angels!

Quote:
That makes it easier. Don't tell the guy. Some might cry out "he has the right to know." Whatevah! What are the odds that he'll do his part? Telling the guy will give him the 'right' to pop in every few yrs and cause turmoil. Never send a christmas card or a birthday card.. just pop in and cause some drama.
He does have the right to know and then you have to take it from there, if he doesn't want anything to do with it so be it. But he has the right to at least no and then if he does want to be involved that is his right also!! Unless of course he could be harmful to the baby.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:58 AM
My two little angels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdkendall View Post
OK... So I have to clear something up. I never said I thought it was cool not to tell the guy! In this girls situation she can't. Like I told Berk in PM...... She was out of town on a cruise to the Bahamas, and made a mistake one night, and woke up in the strangers room. She doesn't know his name, what state he lives in , phone number, NOTHING. She is not keeping it from him to be mean. She can't really help it. See, it's not so easy is it?
Obviously if you don't know who he was or how to reach him that is something all together differnt.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:02 AM
"Mercy Walked In"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenEsther View Post
Obviously if you don't know who he was or how to reach him that is something all together differnt.
We came to that agreement last night....... No one understood that she had no clue who the guy was. I think by the end of the night we were all understanging each other, and the big picture.

Who the father is didn't even have much to do with the actual question at hand
Old 03-20-2008, 04:32 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenEsther View Post
He does have the right to know and then you have to take it from there, if he doesn't want anything to do with it so be it. But he has the right to at least no and then if he does want to be involved that is his right also!! Unless of course he could be harmful to the baby.
Yeah, thanks. I already inserted foot in mouth.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:44 PM
"Mercy Walked In"

Quote:
Yeah, thanks. I already inserted foot in mouth.
We know Berk!!!!! LOL. I think we should just delete this thread. People arent understanding the whole situation