Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 09:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
My salvation is based on my repentance, baptism in Jesus name, and the infilling of the precious spirit of God. My uncut hair is only obedience to the authority over me when applicable.

Blessings, Rhoni

P.S. I have scripture for the obedience...but you know that one don't you?

Sis. Rhoni has expressed the core statement of the "water and Spirit" teaching: "My salvation is based on my repentance, baptism in Jesus name, and the infilling of the precious spirit of God."

This would have been a perfect quote for Professor Fudge's work, "Christianity Without the Cross."

To keep the thread on topic, I agree with her comment on uncut hair: "My uncut hair is only obedience to the authority over me when applicable."
Old 05-22-2007, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leaf View Post
Sis. Rhoni has expressed the core truth of the "water and Spirit" teaching: "My salvation is based on my repentance, baptism in Jesus name, and the infilling of the precious spirit of God."

This would have been a perfect quote for Professor Fudge's work, "Christianity Without the Cross."

To keep the thread on topic, I agree with her comment on uncut hair: "My uncut hair is only obedience to the authority over me when applicable."

My salvation is based on the work of the Lamb.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
My salvation is based on the work of the Lamb.
The work of the Lamb made provision for the salvation of man which is found in Acts 2:38!
Old 05-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Invisible Thad

MOTHER THERESA HAS ARRIVED ON THE SCENE !
Old 05-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
The work of the Lamb made provision for the salvation of man which is found in Acts 2:38!
In other words, the cross was mearly a prerequisite to the real deal, which is Acts 2:38?
Old 05-22-2007, 09:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
In other words, the cross was mearly a prerequisite to the real deal, which is Acts 2:38?
No Pianoman Calvary and the sacrifice thereof forgave-redeemed-pardoned ALL the sins of this whole world living and dead. Every man ever born had his sins forgiven at Calvary. He died for ALL without exception. He paid the price.
However the majority of the world will be ultimately lost because though thier sins are forgiven and they have been redeemed it means NOTHING if not accepted and applied the sinner. I am identified with His redemptive work of death-burial-resurrection in obeying the gospel which in this dsipensation is found in Acts 2:38. Calvary and it's work is the message Acts 2:38 is the application of the message to the soul of the sinner. That is where the change takes place personally in the heart of man that was paid for with His precious blood. Calvary is the REAL DEAL and I accept that deal and what a deal it is by obeying the gospel.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Registered Member

where is that scripture that people read and say it says b/c you have uncut hair, you have power over the angels or something like that...
Old 05-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
With some qualifiers, we could find agreement.

My point is that the "water and Spirit" teaching gives rise to an error in emphasis, away from Christ and to our experience. This is what Professor Fudge was pointing out in his purposely provocative book title.

When a person believes that their salvation is based on their obedience, it is just a hop, skip, and a jump to believing that they can merit God's favour by hair length.

Error in emphasis begets error in emphasis.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
No Pianoman Calvary and the sacrifice thereof forgave-redeemed-pardoned ALL the sins of this whole world living and dead. Every man ever born had his sins forgiven at Calvary. He died for ALL without exception. He paid the price.
However the majority of the world will be ultimately lost because though thier sins are forgiven and they have been redeemed it means NOTHING if not accepted and applied the sinner. I am identified with His redemptive work of death-burial-resurrection in obeying the gospel which in this dsipensation is found in Acts 2:38. Calvary and it's work is the message Acts 2:38 is the application of the message to the soul of the sinner. That is where the change takes place personally in the heart of man that was paid for with His precious blood. Calvary is the REAL DEAL and I accept that deal and what a deal it is by obeying the gospel.

This is just the plain simple truth. I get a little righteous indignation every time I hear of someone saying that those who believe you must repent, be baptized in Jesus name, and receive his spirit, somehow think we bypassed the cross. How ignorant can you get? Without the cross, which God so graciously gave to mankind, there would be no Acts 2:38.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leaf View Post
With some qualifiers, we could find agreement.

My point is that the "water and Spirit" teaching gives rise to an error in emphasis, away from Christ and to our experience. This is what Professor Fudge was pointing out in his purposely provocative book title.

When a person believes that their salvation is based on their obedience, it is just a hop, skip, and a jump to believing that they can merit God's favour by hair length.

Error in emphasis begets error in emphasis.
Maple Leaf it has been MY experience and we can only judge personally from that; Calvary-the blood-redemption-the supreme sacrifice-incarnation-resurrection-the atonement-has been the theme of the preaching I have heard all my life. It is the core of my preaching and the preaching I hear on a normal basis. When a sinner comes I preach about God's love proven at Calvary and the redemtvie blood that is the only prescription that will heal man's sick soul however it takes place in this dispensation in obeying the gospel thus Acts 2:38. The blood purchased that-Calvary made provision for that-my wonderment is why we would believe it would offend God with what He provided? Our salvation is ultimately based on OUR acceptance and obedience to the gospel not in a void of Calvary but BECAUSE of Calvary. God is NOT saying mankind WITHOUT HIS COPERATION! He is not just bestowing salvation on the masses without their obedience. God has done His part which is about 99% of the deal why think it is strange for man to do his 1%?
Closed Thread