Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:58 AM
Registered Member

No Limits Conference Speakers?

3 Major night speakers, who are UPC, have canceled out of this Conference. No Limits is held annually in Sacramento at the Rock Church www.nolimitsonline.org

The leadership of the Rock Church has played a major role in the formation of the WPF. Its Pastor is on the WPF General Council and its Bishop is on the Executive Council.

The General Board's recent decision prohibits holding dual licenses, but does not prohibit fellowship with the WPF.

Should these UPC preachers not have canceled? By canceling, these speakers may be intending to send a message that they are staying UPC.

Given the GB's recent decision and the nature of WD politics, could the No Limits organizers and sponsors not foresee this happening?

It appears that the No Limits Conference will become mainly preached and attended by WPF'rs
Old 03-01-2008, 06:59 AM
Registered Member

Re: No Limits Conference Speakers?

<<The General Board's recent decision prohibits holding dual licenses, but does not prohibit fellowship with the WPF.>>

I heard they past a decision prohibiting any fellowship with WPF, and that anyone that did would lose their license. Also that non- UPC preachers were prohibited to preach in UPC churches. I wasn't there, but that is what was told to me.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbigg View Post
<<The General Board's recent decision prohibits holding dual licenses, but does not prohibit fellowship with the WPF.>>

I heard they past a decision prohibiting any fellowship with WPF, and that anyone that did would lose their license. Also that non- UPC preachers were prohibited to preach in UPC churches. I wasn't there, but that is what was told to me.
I do not believe this is correct.

And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel."

--Amos 7:14-15
Old 03-01-2008, 07:03 AM
Anapko is Gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister_WD View Post
3 Major night speakers, who are UPC, have canceled out of this Conference. No Limits is held annually in Sacramento at the Rock Church www.nolimitsonline.org

The leadership of the Rock Church has played a major role in the formation of the WPF. Its Pastor is on the WPF General Council and its Bishop is on the Executive Council.

The General Board's recent decision prohibits holding dual licenses, but does not prohibit fellowship with the WPF.

Should these UPC preachers not have canceled? By canceling, these speakers may be intending to send a message that they are staying UPC.

Given the GB's recent decision and the nature of WD politics, could the No Limits organizers and sponsors not foresee this happening?

It appears that the No Limits Conference will become mainly preached and attended by WPF'rs
Or...it may be like a certain church in North Little Rock who puts on nothing but slam dunking holiness standard preaching by anybody who will conform to those standards. IMO
Old 03-01-2008, 07:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

According to David Bernard "This ruling does not mean that members of the WPF are “under question,” and therefore it does not prohibit fellowship between members of the two groups."
Old 03-01-2008, 07:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister_WD View Post
According to David Bernard "This ruling does not mean that members of the WPF are “under question,” and therefore it does not prohibit fellowship between members of the two groups."
Just wondering....you can hear all kinds of things.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:

This is not correct. You need to read the thread with David Barnard's letter to the ministers in his district. He goes into detail about what exactly the General Board voted on and he specifically said that they did not prohibit WWPF and UPC preachers from preaching for each other as long as no existing rules were violated (I am sure he is referring to the one where you can't have an exUPC preacher preach for you or you for him if he left under some circumstance considered wrong).
Old 03-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

This information is 100% FALSE.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Registered Member

Lookie who has live services now! I thought NW was a conservative, not!

http://therockchurch.org/video/
Old 03-02-2008, 11:59 PM
God's Son

Anyone see the irony of the name of their conference? Should I dare propose truth in advertising? How can one name a conference No Limits when the premise of the conference is to associate with others who promote subjective limits for salvation?

Another contradiction.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV