Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-18-2020, 02:20 AM
Registered Member

Re: Winter 2020

Cold, lots of snow. Thank God I’m on the base of the mountain, like seeing the mountains rather than snow. I lived in the Upper Peninsula for many years, and we used to get 300-400 inches a year. My wife’s family all live in Texas and I’ll take snow over all that humidity any day.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:04 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Cold, lots of snow. Thank God I’m on the base of the mountain, like seeing the mountains rather than snow. I lived in the Upper Peninsula for many years, and we used to get 300-400 inches a year. My wife’s family all live in Texas and I’ll take snow over all that humidity any day.
Snow all my life. Rode a motorcycle everyday back and forth to work in the snow. Froze everyday going to school in the winter. Don't like the cold, don't like snow. Don't like snowmen. Florida is nice and humid, hot, and sunny. The only thing I don't like about the great awesome state of Florida, is that there is NO gumbo, NO boudin, No tenderloin sandwiches, NO PIZZA KING pizza!!!!

Plus hurricanes that are devastating due to the HAARP

Other than all that I love it.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Snow all my life. Rode a motorcycle everyday back and forth to work in the snow. Froze everyday going to school in the winter. Don't like the cold, don't like snow. Don't like snowmen. Florida is nice and humid, hot, and sunny. The only thing I don't like about the great awesome state of Florida, is that there is NO gumbo, NO boudin, No tenderloin sandwiches, NO PIZZA KING pizza!!!!

Plus hurricanes that are devastating due to the HAARP

Other than all that I love it.
I understand that! In Chicago where I was born you had beef sandwiches, best pizza in the world, the UP you had Pasty’s, and the best fish fry you could imagine. Here in Utah what type of food are they know for.... Fry Sauce! Here there pizza of choice is little Caesars. Let it snow, let it snow....
Old 01-18-2020, 06:52 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I understand that! In Chicago where I was born you had beef sandwiches, best pizza in the world, the UP you had Pasty’s, and the best fish fry you could imagine. Here in Utah what type of food are they know for.... Fry Sauce! Here there pizza of choice is little Caesars. Let it snow, let it snow....
Utah, has honey butter and scones, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Plus the food Buffalo meat, and some really good restaurants. Yet, Pizza King just isn't any pizza. Pizza King is the Pizza. It is like no other pizza. If you ever have tried pizza from Pizza King you would know of what I speak. First time I tried a Hawaiian pizza was at Pizza King in Richmond Indiana. It was mind blowing. After that I have tried them all over the place "Hawaiian pizza" but to great disappointment. Just tomato sauce, ham chunks, pineapple with cheese.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:05 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Never heard of pizza king.

Some of the best pizza I ever had was a little pizza place in Pearland TX, cant remember the name. Big New York style pizzas, VERY delish.

Joe's Italian restaurant in Conroe is pretty good. YUUUUGE pizzas.

Franca's in Webster though is my favorite Italian restaurant. I grew up going there as a kid, knew the current owner's dad (back then it was Franco's). Awesome decor and real Italian food cooked by real Italian guys. The only REAL Italian restaurant I've ever seen.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-18-2020, 07:29 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

I'm kinda funny. I was born and raised in New Yorc and Lung Island. I've tried pizza and Italian cooking from Upstate to Montauk Point. So, when I decided to live in the great state of Florida. I was taken to places that were called New York Pizza, and New York Hot Dogs. Everytime I go I explain to the owner usually someone who comes from no further north than Georgia, that we aren't in New York. Therefore his pie, or dogs aren't New York dogs or pie. Better to call them Fort Lauderdale pizza, Fort Lauderdale hot dogs. I have tried Chicago pizza, in different location of that fair state. Also tried pizza in Provo Utah. Yet, the pizza which was the most memorable is Pizza King. As far as Texas having pizza, and calling it Italian, or New York, is another story. I love you my brother, and I hope you know I do, but, Texans first need to learn how to make Barbeque before they move on to other cuisines.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:34 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
I'm kinda funny. I was born and raised in New Yorc and Lung Island. I've tried pizza and Italian cooking from Upstate to Montauk Point. So, when I decided to live in the great state of Florida. I was taken to places that were called New York Pizza, and New York Hot Dogs. Everytime I go I explain to the owner usually someone who comes from no further north than Georgia, that we aren't in New York. Therefore his pie, or dogs aren't New York dogs or pie. Better to call them Fort Lauderdale pizza, Fort Lauderdale hot dogs. I have tried Chicago pizza, in different location of that fair state. Also tried pizza in Provo Utah. Yet, the pizza which was the most memorable is Pizza King. As far as Texas having pizza, and calling it Italian, or New York, is another story. I love you my brother, and I hope you know I do, but, Texans first need to learn how to make Barbeque before they move on to other cuisines.

Joe's in Conroe, the unnamed one in Pearland, and Franca's in Webster are all run by actual Italians (accents and all).

As for bbq, I ain't had none better than I've had out of no-name smoke shacks out here in Texas.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-18-2020, 08:17 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

Joe's in Conroe, the unnamed one in Pearland, and Franca's in Webster are all run by actual Italians (accents and all).

As for bbq, I ain't had none better than I've had out of no-name smoke shacks out here in Texas.
You will have to take me to those places.

Especially the Floridians who are cooking in the no-name smoke shacks.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:20 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
You will have to take me to those places.

Especially the Floridians who are cooking in the no-name smoke shacks.

Very funny.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:25 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

Very funny.
I was in El Campo and we were all going to eat barbeque. We went to a place called Mikeska's BBQ. I was standing in line, and Brother Broadway started telling me how he would drive down from Houston to eat there. I said to myself maybe this place will be different. It ain't Dallas, Amarillo, or Vidor. So, let me take this older elder's word and dig in. Bro, I got me a plate, and the stuff wasn't fit to eat. Dry as a mummy's pockets. But, I am still open to search for the perfect Texas barbeque.