Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #141  
Old 12-20-2020, 04:03 PM
Nicodemus1968's Avatar
Nicodemus1968 Nicodemus1968 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Unites States
Posts: 1,882
Re: Sid Roth, Branham, Cain, and Reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Anyone?
Some say he prophesied his own death, yet I listened to some of the sermon that was eventually to be his last. And it wasn’t precise, he just said that he will walk through the gate of death. Nothing like, in one week I will be on the other side of that gate of death.

He became very confused after he left the Pentecostal movement. And now with the internet you can search all his sermons and do your own study. Yet, he would denounce the trinity, and then in another sermon he would say, God is 3. He even did that with his serpent seed doctrine. He would proclaim himself as the only voice of God, some of his followers state that this was the second Jesus that came in the flesh.

In the beginning he was indeed used in the gift of healing, yet prophecy was so-so. I wouldn’t consider him a prophet, I would consider him at the beginning of his ministry as a man used by God in the ministry of Healing.
__________________
"Watch and Pray That you Enter not into Temptation"
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 12-20-2020, 04:12 PM
Monterrey Monterrey is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North of the Rio Grande
Posts: 2,647
Re: Sid Roth, Branham, Cain, and Reed

William Branham was a false prophet.
__________________
WHO IS BREXIT AND IS HE A TRINITARIAN?- James LeDeay 10/30/16


Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 12-20-2020, 04:55 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 37,350
Re: Sid Roth, Branham, Cain, and Reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Did he believe in Jesus? Did he repent? Was he baptized in Jesus name? Did he receive the Holy Ghost? Did he live in obedience to Christs commands?
He was pretribulation rapture. Branham believed as in the days of Noah, meant that the church would be taken up before the flood (Tribulation) William Branham believed that he was the “Angel” of the CHURCH AGE of Laodicea and in order to go into the pre-tribulation rapture one must accept the Message.

Branham believed that Satan impregnated Eve, and then Adam impregnated her as well. She had two infants created in her womb. One from Satan, and one from Adam. Hence the Serpent Seed. Branham believed the tribulation would be brought on by the Soviet Union. That he was the Ange of mercy which who was preaching the Message right before the tribulation. Branham brings up how Lot was taken out with His family from Sodom. To show how God would not let His church through tribulation.

Mike, was William Branham saved?
__________________
"Don't Kill The Messenger" ~Sophocles
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 12-20-2020, 05:01 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Master ThreadKiller


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 24,232
Re: Sid Roth, Branham, Cain, and Reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Wikipedia:
Prophecies Edit
Branham issued a series of prophecies during his ministry. He claimed to have had a prophetic revelation in June 1933 that predicted seven major events would occur before the Second Coming of Christ.[22] His followers believe he predicted several events, including the 1937 Ohio River Flood.[5] In 1964, Branham said judgement would strike the west coast of the United States and that Los Angeles would sink into the ocean; his most dramatic prediction.[119] Following both the 1933 and 1964 prophecies, Branham predicted the rapture would happen by 1977 and would be preceded by various worldwide disasters, the unification of denominational Christianity, and the rise-to-power of the Roman Catholic Pope.[144] Peter Duyzer, among other of Branham's critics, wrote that either none of Branham's prophecies came true or that they were all made after the fact.[164] Weaver wrote that Branham tended to embellish his predictions over time.[165][i] Branham's followers believe his prophecies came true, or will do so in the future.[160]
Deuteronomy 18:20-22 KJV
But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. [21] And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken? [22] When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 12-20-2020, 05:06 PM
Amanah's Avatar
Amanah Amanah is offline
One Thing-Phil 3:13-14


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sebastian, FL
Posts: 8,168
Re: Sid Roth, Branham, Cain, and Reed

Very disturbing that anyone would want to emulate a false prophet.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 12-20-2020, 05:33 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 37,350
Re: Sid Roth, Branham, Cain, and Reed

How can anyone wear a Hawaiian shirt in Indiana
__________________
"Don't Kill The Messenger" ~Sophocles
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 12-20-2020, 08:40 PM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,584
Re: Sid Roth, Branham, Cain, and Reed

I heard at least one person who was with Branham in ministry say he saw him call out people thousands of times prophesying to them and that he was never wrong. I believed that back in the 80's when I heard it.

Now in the internet age we see testimonies of people saying otherwise. I was not there. I do know he was highly esteemed among Pentecostals in his day.

The Pastor of a Trinitarian Church I went to early on said God took Branham out because he was causing everyone to turn to Oneness.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 12-20-2020, 08:54 PM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,584
Re: Sid Roth, Branham, Cain, and Reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
He was pretribulation rapture. Branham believed as in the days of Noah, meant that the church would be taken up before the flood (Tribulation) William Branham believed that he was the “Angel” of the CHURCH AGE of Laodicea and in order to go into the pre-tribulation rapture one must accept the Message.

Branham believed that Satan impregnated Eve, and then Adam impregnated her as well. She had two infants created in her womb. One from Satan, and one from Adam. Hence the Serpent Seed. Branham believed the tribulation would be brought on by the Soviet Union. That he was the Ange of mercy which who was preaching the Message right before the tribulation. Branham brings up how Lot was taken out with His family from Sodom. To show how God would not let His church through tribulation.

Mike, was William Branham saved?
Well among Oneness believers of today judging themselves among themselves if they were consistent they would say he was saved. At least 4 UPC Pastors I know or know of in the last few years have said that the essentials are Oneness and Acts 2:38 and that one need not or even can be perfect.

Jesus said our works must be perfect or we will be blotted out of his book. That cannot be overlooked. On the other hand if the prophecy given by Kenneth Hagin was true it appeared God was showing mercy by taking him in death.

In which case it would be my belief that he must have been given a time before he died to repent of any sin. Maybe he did. Again I dont know. If anyone wants to be certain about their salvation let their works be perfect before God. Rev. 3:1-5
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 12-20-2020, 09:05 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 37,350
Re: Sid Roth, Branham, Cain, and Reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Well among Oneness believers of today judging themselves among themselves if they were consistent they would say he was saved. At least 4 UPC Pastors I know or know of in the last few years have said that the essentials are Oneness and Acts 2:38 and that one need not or even can be perfect.

Jesus said our works must be perfect or we will be blotted out of his book. That cannot be overlooked. On the other hand if the prophecy given by Kenneth Hagin was true it appeared God was showing mercy by taking him in death.

In which case it would be my belief that he must have been given a time before he died to repent of any sin. Maybe he did. Again I dont know. If anyone wants to be certain about their salvation let their works be perfect before God. Rev. 3:1-5
Based on what he believed

As far as YOU are concerned.

Mike, was William Branham saved?
__________________
"Don't Kill The Messenger" ~Sophocles
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 12-20-2020, 09:48 PM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,584
Re: Sid Roth, Branham, Cain, and Reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Based on what he believed

As far as YOU are concerned.

Mike, was William Branham saved?
I believe he WAS saved at least in past tense. He had repented been baptized and received the Holy Ghost from many accounts. He taught strong holiness.

All that is good.

His serpent seed and pretrib altho nowhere near as faith destroying as the modern doctrine that Christ came and gathered his elect in 70ad is serious error.

If one wants to be assured of salvation they need to make sure their works are perfect. I hope he repented of any sins before his death.

Do YOU believe he was saved?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chris Reed mfblume Fellowship Hall 220 08-26-2020 12:33 PM
Special Prayer for Ralph Reed Godzchild Fellowship Hall 5 03-07-2013 06:20 PM
Daily game Jan 31 : SW: The Mary Reed Chro... dailygame Daily Game 0 01-31-2011 04:09 AM
Since this is a Branham thread ---- Dr. Vaughn Branhamism 5 10-04-2009 09:33 PM
Retirement ? on 403b roth Truthseeker Fellowship Hall 3 08-08-2009 11:11 AM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by mfblume

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.