Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:09 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Consider this

Frank Viola talks about:

*Why I’m No Longer Involved in “Organic Church” (For Now) & Why You Can’t Find One*

http://frankviola.org/2016/04/21/organicchurch/

Reason 1: While the idea of Christ-centered community is appealing to many, the cost for securing such community is obscenely high. So much so that the masses of 20s, 30s, and 40s prefer to be found in four other places that are far more convenient:

* Neo-Reformed churches.

* Mega churches.

* Liturgical “high church” assemblies.

* No church of any kind. These represent the “Dones” who have washed their hands of any regular gatherings or community-life. It’s lonelier, but far safer.

Reason 2: The word “organic church” has been hijacked to mean 1,001 different things, all of which are radically different. For that reason, I stopped using the term altogether. It’s devolved into a clay word that’s been molded like silly putty into sheer meaninglessness. The fact that the term no longer has a monolithic meaning has added to the disinterest.

The majority of those who are interested in the organic expression of the church right now (whatever they think the term means) are people in their 50s, 60s, and 70s.

And most of them are having a horrible time finding others who are interested in meeting outside institutional lines who live in the same state, let alone the same city.

In addition, when they do contact a group that purports to be “organic,” it’s almost always a small-is-beautiful version of the institutional church. And some of them are highly-legalistic, highly-toxic groups.

Among those interested in organic church who are 50 years old and up, bickering over doctrines and practices — with a good mix of serious personality conflicts sprinkled in — is common. So much so that many who are new to the idea of “organic church” have turned off to the idea by the doctrinal beat downs, personal vilification, mud-slinging, and theological smackdowns among its advocates.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:57 AM
Covenant Apostolic

http://news.sky.com/story/beauty-and...story-10786476

The new Beauty And The Beast film is set to feature an "exclusively gay moment" in what is being called a watershed scene for Disney.

The Hollywood live-action remake, starring Emma Watson and Dan Stevens as the love-struck couple, comes 26 years after the studio's classic animation.

But it is one of the sub-plots centering on the character LeFou, played by US actor Josh Gad, which is also getting attention and making headlines.

LeFou, the sidekick of the movie's main antagonist Gaston (Luke Evans), will explore his sexuality after developing feelings for Gaston.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:20 AM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Frank Viola talks about:

*Why I’m No Longer Involved in “Organic Church” (For Now) & Why You Can’t Find One*

http://frankviola.org/2016/04/21/organicchurch/

Reason 1: While the idea of Christ-centered community is appealing to many, the cost for securing such community is obscenely high. So much so that the masses of 20s, 30s, and 40s prefer to be found in four other places that are far more convenient:

* Neo-Reformed churches.

* Mega churches.

* Liturgical “high church” assemblies.

* No church of any kind. These represent the “Dones” who have washed their hands of any regular gatherings or community-life. It’s lonelier, but far safer.

Reason 2: The word “organic church” has been hijacked to mean 1,001 different things, all of which are radically different. For that reason, I stopped using the term altogether. It’s devolved into a clay word that’s been molded like silly putty into sheer meaninglessness. The fact that the term no longer has a monolithic meaning has added to the disinterest.

The majority of those who are interested in the organic expression of the church right now (whatever they think the term means) are people in their 50s, 60s, and 70s.

And most of them are having a horrible time finding others who are interested in meeting outside institutional lines who live in the same state, let alone the same city.

In addition, when they do contact a group that purports to be “organic,” it’s almost always a small-is-beautiful version of the institutional church. And some of them are highly-legalistic, highly-toxic groups.

Among those interested in organic church who are 50 years old and up, bickering over doctrines and practices — with a good mix of serious personality conflicts sprinkled in — is common. So much so that many who are new to the idea of “organic church” have turned off to the idea by the doctrinal beat downs, personal vilification, mud-slinging, and theological smackdowns among its advocates.
There will be no perfect church in this world, until the Lord Jesus will come to reign in this earth. No matter whether it be a church in a building, or a church in a home... because people are a part of it, there will be problems. No easy simple solution anywhere. We just have to find a place that fits best for us.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
http://news.sky.com/story/beauty-and...story-10786476

The new Beauty And The Beast film is set to feature an "exclusively gay moment" in what is being called a watershed scene for Disney.

The Hollywood live-action remake, starring Emma Watson and Dan Stevens as the love-struck couple, comes 26 years after the studio's classic animation.

But it is one of the sub-plots centering on the character LeFou, played by US actor Josh Gad, which is also getting attention and making headlines.

LeFou, the sidekick of the movie's main antagonist Gaston (Luke Evans), will explore his sexuality after developing feelings for Gaston.
This is a mindset that is not going away. It is so horrible.

Here is a petition that can be signed against this.

https://onemillionmoms.com/current-c...irst-gay-kiss/
Old 03-04-2017, 09:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
If you were the Pastor of a Gay OP Church, what would your standards be like?

What would Watchman Nee say now.
sorry my friend, but there are no practicing gays in my Lord's church.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:39 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phareztamar View Post
exactly my point.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phareztamar View Post
Amen... He came to save us from sin, not to let us continue in it.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:30 PM
Covenant Apostolic

I have two books coming in the mail today:

Thy Kingdom Came: Biblical Prophecy from the Hebrew Perspective: Comparing Bible With Bible Paperback – May 24, 2014

by Michael Blume (Author)

------------------------------------

None Dare Call It Conspiracy Paperback – January 30, 2013

by Gary Allen (Author), Larry Abraham (Author)
Old 04-17-2017, 10:06 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I have two books coming in the mail today:

Thy Kingdom Came: Biblical Prophecy from the Hebrew Perspective: Comparing Bible With Bible Paperback – May 24, 2014

by Michael Blume (Author)

------------------------------------

None Dare Call It Conspiracy Paperback – January 30, 2013

by Gary Allen (Author), Larry Abraham (Author)
Hey, I know him!
Old 08-04-2018, 05:27 AM
Covenant Apostolic

The world from my front door, thank you Jesus for the beauty surrounding me

Last edited by Amanah; 12-18-2018 at 07:45 AM.